What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tleaf joins in!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GO is next to impossible to keep happy in a rez...other than that it works great...
i dont post in many other threads regularly because i end up having to subscribe to a 100 different threads and i can barely keep track of whats going on in mine.plus when people have questions you're more likely to get a variety of answers from people using different styles of growing and thus get a better answer.
besides,do you really want your thread cluttered up with random bike related stuff?

well that was fast.

You would be surprised how many people would appreciate and enjoy your company in their threads... Its not a chore to be nice and share what other share with you... their time and attention.

I was told you grow the best weed here on ICMag but I feel like you don't ever want to be bothered.

Your thread is cool but theres too much clutter for some who want to learn something without knowing what you do every single day.

When I post in there I have to back track pages just to find the response from earlier in the day.

Not saying anything negative, and I ride everyday too - I just don't have loads of money to drop on tons of gear like you man so im not particularly proud - but if you want to share stuff with people - its nice to be thought of or shared with and learn a thing or two/ see what else is going on in life.

For us little guys it makes a difference :wave:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
you know I felt the same way about unc but really checking out grow threads can be sometimes boring so I understand unc being on lurk status im sure he's as much an asshole as sum would assume not saying you assume he's an asshole L but as with most growers we aren't always the most social that's the whole point with our community here ppl that no our lingo and know where eachother is coming from and to communicate with people that are able to understand lil things such as phenol variation plant structure smell taste and other things everyday smokers miss from our marvelous plant

calientecarlos

Veteran
Sharing is Caring... HotCarl feels the need to give back bc he has learned a lot from errbody on herr... Pay Forward... Karman Decency...

Noobs still need to search tho...

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not saying hes an AH - just a bit selfish.

Lots of these "ganja gods" talk cryptic.

Then again theres the good guys like Mister_D and bobblehead who work hard at bettering themselves and through that experience they create wonderful things the help other growers utilize their ideas and they are happy to share these things. For example: D's DIY Automated Vertical Feed and Drain System <- passive drip irrigation :good: :respect:

Then you look at Unc and all he does is talk about his bikes and riding them and honestly I didn't know he had flowering plants till his SSSDH update lol. And thats not bad - but you can't expect to have too many fans when most of your time here is about me me me me... its almost like psychosis.

I wouldn't worry about big timers dropping by unless you really scream for help or know them better than just a screen name on the internet. If you need help - their always a PM away and you'd be surprised how nice and happy most are to help you.

The attention is good motivation though - and the different perspectives on things are priceless.

How big is your res - can you just make a fresh batch of nutes every day?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,thats pretty funny....
sorry to burst any bubbles,but im an average grower at best and a self centered asshole and i simply dont have the timeand/or energy to read everybodys threads,thats sort of the point of having a thread anyone can participate in and ask questions.and i dont post whats going on in my garden all that often so other people feel more free to show theirs...

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
It's a vicious cycle just remember we used to lick windows too..
yea ill always be here though to lend a helping hand
Not saying hes an AH - just a bit selfish.

Lots of these "ganja gods" talk cryptic.

Then again theres the good guys like Mister_D and bobblehead who work hard at bettering themselves and through that experience they create wonderful things the help other growers utilize their ideas and they are happy to share these things. For example: D's DIY Automated Vertical Feed and Drain System <- passive drip irrigation :good: :respect:

Then you look at Unc and all he does is talk about his bikes and riding them and honestly I didn't know he had flowering plants till his SSSDH update lol. And thats not bad - but you can't expect to have too many fans when most of your time here is about me me me me... its almost like psychosis.

I wouldn't worry about big timers dropping by unless you really scream for help or know them better than just a screen name on the internet. If you need help - their always a PM away and you'd be surprised how nice and happy most are to help you.

The attention is good motivation though - and the different perspectives on things are priceless.

How big is your res - can you just make a fresh batch of nutes every day?
20 gals I change it every week I've just started adding the nutes to the res this last res change :tiphat:

lol,thats pretty funny....
sorry to burst any bubbles,but im an average grower at best and a self centered asshole and i simply dont have the timeand/or energy to read everybodys threads,thats sort of the point of having a thread anyone can participate in and ask questions.and i dont post whats going on in my garden all that often so other people feel more free to show theirs...

yea unc your cool with me man like I said we are here to have fun and share unc has the big leaf under his name with all his journals ive read a couple of them ive read a couple of his posts learned a couple thinngs but mostly I see him relaxing and kicking it with his friends which is cool wit me ,,,,FYI ask anybody in the REAL world ,even my mother, im the biggest A HOLE you could meet sometimes :biggrin:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I remember back in January I had all except 2 of my plants die and a tray of clones
picture.php
just shows you what determination and peserverance does for ya :tiphat:

thanks guys :peacock:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
One of the cheapest DIY ways to increase humidity is a little technique made popular in the shroom-growing world. It's called the perlite humidification technique. The trick is have a bed of perlite underneath all of your plants, and then adding water to half of the level that your perlite is. In other words, if you have a 2 inch bed of perlite, you would add an inch of water. What happens is the perlite continuously wicks up water and evaporates it into the surrounding air, and you replace the water level daily. In shroom-growing chambers, this causes the humidity to jump up to 99%+, but in a plant-growing chamber with constant airflow, I'll bet this technique would easily put you up above 50%, maybe even as high as 75% if the airflow isn't extreme.

Otherwise, if it's possible to lower the CFM of your exhaust fan without adding heat to the grow space, that would be effective too. Maybe even in conjunction with a humidifying tek.

:yeahthats

I put all of my cuts (before they don't root :laughing:) in a small plastic tote (clear, 5-gal aquarium sized) that sits on a heat mat. Inside the tote is about 2" of perlite, which holds 10+ oz of water easily.

Foggers FTW

But what the heck, I'm replying to a six-week-old post, so I'm sure this itch's been scratched :)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
lol yea a lil late now S I grabbed a coo mist humidifier to solve the humidity problem good looks though :tiphat:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
What kinda humidifier? Challenge I found w those is that you gotta refill the f*ckin' thing every 12 hours :( Anything more often than every 3-4 days is out IME :laughing:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
yea she lasts about a day I havnt been running her as much seeing that its so packed in there I want NO mold mildew PM or nothing lol....I was thinking of drilling a hole in the tank and attaching a hose from a 5 gal so it'll be able to stay full longer but idk how I would hang the bucket above the humidifier

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
You know you can easily modify those things to attach to a gravity fed reservoir, right? I did that back in my mycology days, too.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
With an ultrasonic, you have to make sure your reservoir is airtight, so it's not entirely that simple, but it can be done. There several teks over at the shroomery about it. You just have to make sure you don't introduce any air into the system, so that no air bubbles go through the line. Also you have to make sure the external reservoir never runs out. I remember one guy's tek was something like a "never fill tek" where he even had his external reservoir being fed by a faucet on a dripper.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
once the buckets filled and the air is purged from the line how would the air get in while it's filld with h2o?