What's new

-tjo with 6 super lemon haze in RDWC-

Scrogerman

Veteran
thats Not a Virus lol, its a simple mutation & happens in many strain lines, Blueberry is a classic example. I believe the Crinkle pheno's can produce special things too! But im not seeing Crinkle Pheno's in your pictures guys, maybe it came on later more pronounced but it isnt a Virus, its a genetic default/mutation! Got nothing to do with PH & PPM diving either, the mans issues lie in his res.
Best of luck! .;)
#
On closer inspection mmm yeah, i see what you mean, but still!

Last edited:

DUGG

SLH is not a big feeder most likely the EC is too high for them at the moment and there not using all the nutes which leaves an excess in the res which will cuase the PH to drop .... also id have to agree that you shouldnt realy add PH up to your res if you have used PH down already i just top up with fresh water this will raise you PH as most tap water etc is around PH 7-8

The root lock out your getting will be from the PH fluctutating too low .... back your EC off to 1.0 and get the PH under control and add a micro nute like "earthjuice microblast" to get those trace elements and micro nutes back into your girls fast ..... give it a week and youll be golden again!

after that you can bring the EC up slowly to 1.4 keeping and eye on your girls and the EC/PH balence

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i wish i have a good pheno..i clone them almost all..
but this is not solution 2 my ph problem..

scrogerman
my water smells ok and fresh..no bad smell at all!
tomorrow i replace nutrient water with pure water so the EC comes
in 1,4 and will see. the terrible is with that problem with
the solution but with all that help i think in few days my problem will be past

thanks all:tiphat::thank you:

erwingruber

Hello tjo ,
i am a newb as you know and i cannot give you the solution , i am sure that you are going to fix your ph issues.My 2 cents is listen to Dugg and drop your EC to 1,0.Girls are going to be ok with their EC on 1,0 for one or two days and as return you are going to have a clear answer and drop out this aspect from the equation.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
thats Not a Virus lol, its a simple mutation & happens in many strain lines, Blueberry is a classic example. I believe the Crinkle pheno's can produce special things too! But im not seeing Crinkle Pheno's in your pictures guys, maybe it came on later more pronounced but it isnt a Virus, its a genetic default/mutation! Got nothing to do with PH & PPM diving either, the mans issues lie in his res.
Best of luck! .;)
#
On closer inspection mmm yeah, i see what you mean, but still!

No worries brother but its called a viral mutation. You're not understanding the use of the term virus. This is something that wasn't there before and introduced at some time like as in the Blueberry from DJ. The fact is that it is now genetically part of the plant and though some may just call it a deformity - I'd simply call it a viral mutation.

The OP stated in a conversation with JapanFreakier that the issue was his pH equipment. I asked the OP if he corrected the problem but he did not answer. I bid you all the best of luck.

For what it's worth: That is the GHS wrinkly pheno and I just recently had that gal. Trust me and clone them they are indeed special :).

Scrogerman

Veteran
Your the first person ive ever heard call a genetic mutation a virus, what information have you got on this one then bro? please. seems to me a Virus is something completely different & when termed as such. still im not here to argue, if you can teach me something i dont know then sound man!
Ive seen some killa crinkles in my time too, its in the lemon skunk line is it? cool!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Your the first person ive ever heard call a genetic mutation a virus, what information have you got on this one then bro? please. seems to me a Virus is something completely different & when termed as such. still im not here to argue, if you can teach me something i dont know then sound man!
Ive seen some killa crinkles in my time too, its in the lemon skunk line is it? cool!

Scrogerman, my bad brother. I too don't want to argue. I see this shit too many times and it seems to be happening often here.

Maybe I am wrong and I should just shut up and listen. I was reviewing some of the data on this effect when I was growing the lemon skunk and at first it was listed as TMV. This is where I termed virus. Then looking further I simply figured that at some point in time something entered a donor plant - some virus that just carried on as a trait.

Now I personally don't believe TMV is real but I am more compelled to believe that a child can be born with a missing chromosome causing a severe disfigurement. I wonder though - would the disfigurement be associated to a severe sickness caused earlier in the bloodline or is it simply genetic? I guess thats where I put my association to that of a virus in general. I figure there is always a balance at first and along the line something terrorizes that balance prior to it recovering and being balanced again. Except now the balance has been altered,

Some of the shit I say may be plain weird bro but in my head it makes sense. This is where I term virus. I have no scientific or scholar references to back but just my simple understanding of what, when, why..

Then again to say genetic disorder seems to be much more accepted but what caused the genetic disorder in the line> :) LoL. Dude.. Thank you bro. I'm smoking some Grape Kush at the moment and this topic just blew a gasket on me. Shit this is where I wish Spurr WOULD chime in because now I really want to know what causes a genetic mutation. Is it a virus? "The Humanity!!'

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi Scrogerman,
Okay so I found this article from he university of Utah and it speaks of DNA Mutations. It actually states that DNA mutations can basically happen one of two ways.

1. DNA damage from environmental agents such as ultraviolet light (sunshine), nuclear radiation or certain chemicals
2. Mistakes that occur when a cell copies its DNA in preparation for cell division.

Neither of which seems to implicate an intrusion from an attack due to viruses but more the elements surrounding the plants everyday life.

Source:
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/archive/sloozeworm/mutationbg.html

So I stand corrected in that these are not virus plants as I stated earlier. But genetic mutations as Scrogerman stated.

This specific trait is nonetheless in the GHS line and specifically in the Lemon Skunk variety. Clone this bitch. The shit has retard power.

Scrogerman

Veteran
'Retard Power' LMAO man! hahahahah!

OK, i understand what a Virus is, i thought i was gonna learn something new then awwww, never-mind ah, Thanks for the honest feedback anyway bro. gentleman! Cheers! ;)

oh & a 'double thanks' for the info Link!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
'Retard Power' LMAO man! hahahahah!

OK, i understand what a Virus is, i thought i was gonna learn something new then awwww, never-mind ah, Thanks for the honest feedback anyway bro. gentleman! Cheers! ;)

oh & a 'double thanks' for the info Link!

Any time brother and never sleep. Trust me you always learn something new. Sometimes what you learn isn't in plain sight ;).

I'm feeling like you want to learn something so I'm going to research a few things but here is some food for thought:

Virus can affect the evolution of one organism if they pick up DNA from another organism, transmit it and integrate in the genome. Plasmid and transposon are mobile genetic elements that also modify the genome. The whole process is known as Horizontal gene transfer (HGT) and it has been suggested as a major and powerful evolutionary force.

One of the prime example is virulence of Escherichia coli/Shigella and Vibrio cholera. These organisms have had viruses to integrate into their genome and these viral parts are called pathogenicity island (PAI). PAI are the element responsible for the virulence of E. coli, Shigella and V. cholera. Without these viruses, E. coli is a bacteria lives in your intestine and does give trouble, (Shigella is techenicall an virulent E. coli strain and it has a different name for medical reason) and Vibrio lives happely in the water and symbiotic relation with other animals.

So it seems the horizontal gene transfer or HGT is described as the process by way of a virus copying it's own DNA strand and replicating it into a completely different strand thus creating a mutation.

Now I'm not saying that this is indeed the cause for these plants but I cannot say it is not. So this is indeed a possibility and can no longer negate the possibility that this mutation may have indeed been cause by a viral intrusion.

A plant affected by a virus will have a weakened system compromising the DNA Polymerase - an enzyme involved in DNA replication.

So you learned something new :)

Last edited:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hi fellas

nice talking...i did not a shit about plants virus..so you say that
plant has virus?? and has special genetics because of the virus??
until now that plant was a litlle sick with curls in the leaves..
nothing special compare with 2 others..

and that has nothing to do with my ph problem..
also i smell the water and smells fresh and nice..not bad at all!
also i drop my ec to 1,2..

BUT today i thought to meazure the ph of my RO without nutrients..

my RO water has 5,3 ph... anyone knows shit about this?

..maybe its time 2 change my filters???

DUGG

check the calibration of your PH meter or use a chemical PH test kit to make sure it is 5.3 if it is you will have to use rain water or water from another source ... that is very acidic water at 5.3 do you drink it?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
hi fellas

nice talking...i did not a shit about plants virus..so you say that
plant has virus?? and has special genetics because of the virus??
until now that plant was a litlle sick with curls in the leaves..
nothing special compare with 2 others..

and that has nothing to do with my ph problem..
also i smell the water and smells fresh and nice..not bad at all!
also i drop my ec to 1,2..

BUT today i thought to meazure the ph of my RO without nutrients..

my RO water has 5,3 ph... anyone knows shit about this?

..maybe its time 2 change my filters???

Hi TJO,
As for the short conversation about the virus - I was corrected by Scrogerman brother. It's not a virus but a genetic deformity. I am just compelled to think that the genetics were changed due to a virus in the early life if the line.

Though it has nothing to do with your pH you may find it interesting since you are the owner of such a strain showing the deformity.

So you found the pH problem :). Thats GREAT! Now you are on your way to smoother growing.. So you say it's in your R/O tank? You stated you recently calibrated your tools. Try testing some tap water and then test the R/O water again. Finish this off by testing the calibration solution at pH 4 and pH 7. I know 4 is used for spirits but I calibrate for both.

Have you recently cleaned your R/O tank with any cleansers? Maybe you scrubbed it down with something? Either way that water has been compromised. I would empty the tank and clean it with clorox. Once fully evaporated I would refill with R/O and retest. How old are your filters.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey buddy, cool link & info & stuff.
I just wanted to say that TMV/Tobbacco Mosaic Virus does exist man, its been identified as a Virus/viral infection & TMV carries in genetics, seeds for example, like it imprints itself. Just thought id mention this. Suppose its easy to get TMV & Crinkle Mutation confused as they do look alike in many ways. I dont know much but i know a little on the subject. being a heavy tobbacco smoker aswell as cannabis its always a concern, i have very very clean hands, it verges on OCD, but you have to be this way or suffer TMV, which is very real indeed. Alcohol based hand gels are good to sterilise hands without having to wash them.

after consideration i concur that the crinkle mutation in the lemon skunk line could very well be directly related & affected by HGT so you were Not so far wrong imo, & its prolly me who should stand corrected, Like TMV, im sure is also directly affected by HGT, like i said i know it imprints itself into the genome & transfers to & through the progeny, why you should destroy everything thats been infected with TMV. Crinkles im sure are affected in a similar way, like i said its me who should stand corrected after further consideration. I did learn something, so thankyou man! ( lets say we were both right cause the original cause of the mutation was more than likely a viral infection, quite possibly anyway, its not a Virus but may have been affected & caused by one, of course i could be wrong! ) ;)

btw RO water has a neutral PH of 7. if its 5.3 there is a big problem somewhere!

Test your PH meter against a full spectrum liquid reagent test kit to make sure its working properly.

This Nivarna SwissCheese im smoking is bloody nice, i can smell it strongly from the other side of the room & its in 2 sealed bags, lovely sweet creamy white skunk smell, like WidowxCheese sorta trip. MMMMmmmmm its niceeee! My buddy grew it in Coco(my cuttings, 2 pheno's both good), first time & he hit 660g or 1.1gpw in 12 weeks or so(ScrOG'ed), good going i think!(1x 600w Growlux), highhhhhh!

All the best.......;)

Last edited:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
So you found the pH problem
smile.gif
. Thats GREAT! Now you are on your way to smoother growing.. So you say it's in your R/O tank? You stated you recently calibrated your tools. Try testing some tap water and then test the R/O water again. Finish this off by testing the calibration solution at pH 4 and pH 7. I know 4 is used for spirits but I calibrate for both.

Have you recently cleaned your R/O tank with any cleansers? Maybe you scrubbed it down with something? Either way that water has been compromised. I would empty the tank and clean it with clorox. Once fully evaporated I would refill with R/O and retest. How old are your filters.

today i put my ph meters -i have 2. ADWA & MILWAKEE-
in the same glass of water.i have 2 say are both calibrated today,
so calibration is the problem. after 4 minutes adwa has
5,4 and milwakee 6,4.. adwa needs calibration with the 2 liquids(7 & 4) and milwakee only 1 liquid..
.then i put them in my calibration liquid 4,01 and shows the SAME. bit unlogical but im sure that has an explanation..

and my filtrers are 1,5 years old!

btw RO water has a neutral PH of 7. if its 5.3 there is a big problem somewhere!

Test your PH meter against a full spectrum liquid reagent test kit to make sure its working proper

all RO waters has 7. ph??

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
today i put my ph meters -i have 2. ADWA & MILWAKEE-
in the same glass of water.i have 2 say are both calibrated today,
so calibration is the problem. after 4 minutes adwa has
5,4 and milwakee 6,4.. adwa needs calibration with the 2 liquids(7 & 4) and milwakee only 1 liquid..
.then i put them in my calibration liquid 4,01 and shows the SAME. bit unlogical but im sure that has an explanation..

and my filtrers are 1,5 years old!

all RO waters has 7. ph??

Just for a test..

Grab your testers and test the water in a different room :).

Yes I mean grab your water samples and walk about 25ft away from your ballasts and retest the samples with both meters. Also recalibrate at that distance. If some of the equipment in your room isn't shielded then they'll drive the meters crazy.

Just a thought :).

Note:
RO filters are GENERALLY replaced every 1500 - 2000 gallons.

Bonavendura

tjo you cannot put 2 ph meters in the same container measuring the same solution you are jamming them , look how many batteries they use !!
take samples in 2 small containers and measure this way.
if you are not sure for your ph meters calibration try a 10 euro liquid tester it is not for every day use but it will tell you the truth.

p.s I love your strain keep it up

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Just for a test..

Grab your testers and test the water in a different room
smile.gif

Yes I mean grab your water samples and walk about 25ft away from your ballasts and retest the samples with both meters. Also recalibrate at that distance. If some of the equipment in your room isn't shielded then they'll drive the meters crazy.

Just a thought
smile.gif

Note:
RO filters are GENERALLY replaced every 1500 - 2000 gallons.

im away from my ballasts and i dont think that has 2 do with the ph meters..nice thought any way..
smile.gif

tjo you cannot put 2 ph meters in the same container measuring the same solution you are jamming them , look how many batteries they use !!
take samples in 2 small containers and measure this way.
if you are not sure for your ph meters calibration try a 10 euro liquid tester it is not for every day use but it will tell you the truth.

p.s I love your strain keep it up

i did it and i found the same differrent.. 1.
WHY IN THE LIQUID HAS THE SAME NUMBER??
this is crazy//:mad:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ehi tjo,follow what others said.Buy a chemical tester and compare values with that.
pH meters are pain in the ass,cheaper ones are crappy stuff and others also need to check every 2 weeks.Only professional ones whort the money IMO
I had the same trouble with pH meters a couple of times...and after that I realize they were dead...the probe was gone(I try a lot pH meters but hanna)
At now I have a SM 100 milwaukee and it works great fortunately.If this will broke I'l try an hanna.

Wait to see big buds in your room soon my friend :wave: