What's new

tissue culture propagation. anyone do it?

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Pressure cookers are a must.

Yeah, or a microwave. I'd rather use a pressure cooker though. I've only seen one pic myself, but there's a couple posters on various grow forums that claim they've been successful with using GH Flora nutes, with formulas posted for the medium. Maybe you could use that info, if you haven't?

I don't think that tissue culture should replace a mother or two, that'd be a pretty bad idea. Anything could go wrong on either end of the spectrum. I just think it's a great way to easily obtain specific prized phenotypes and preserve them. It's also a good way to produce mass scale clones. I'm going to end up building a small room inside an isolated room to experiment with this. So yeah, time will tell.

Bulldog11

Veteran
bdomina - did you ever look more into this? I would love to hear from somebody that has used Bill's product. Keep me informed please.

bendoslendo

A friend gave me a book on micro propagation recently "PLANTS FROM TEST TUBES". I'm almost done reading it. From what I've read it doesnt seem like a fit for me. It's better if you needs LOTS of cuttings, like thousands in order to make up for the costs of startup and maintenance.

You have to be VERY steril.