What's new

Tiger spotted in the Rockies!

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
After years of begging to move to med state, I've finally gotten the go ahead from my wife.

I'm heading your way, ladies and gentlemen.

My current plan is to come out there from 4/19 - 4/23. This will be to view properties and get my rec/legal process started. Depending on funding, this may very well include securing a facility.

Ideal plan is to have plants under light no later than May 1, with a projected harvest available the second week of August.

However, without any funding at all, I'm still planning on making the move. Whether it is with seed money in my pocket, or with nothing but 2400w and pocket full of seeds and dreams; I'm coming.

But, I need to reach out to my IcMag brothers. I have NO ONE that I know personally in CO. Not a soul. I need help with that.

I need some advice on the different areas. I would even like to explore employment opportunities with dispensaries in case I am unable to secure funding.

So, if you have advice on neighborhoods (I'm married, with children, so I prefer the 'pretty yard, playing in the street' kind of area), Referral Docs, a place to crash, or a job opportunity, please, post here or PM me.

Please, IC bros, don't make me come out there with nothing, help a brother out! :D

My resume and CV are contained here on IC.

Last edited:

still2big

I'm on an iPhone so typing sucks but Westminster outside Denver is nice. Broomfield, Longmont, it's all how much money you have put back. We have a 2 bedroom apt running 3000wt in each bedroom rent is $750. We also have a house with a basement running 6000wts, rent on that one is $1200. You will find nothing in the newspaper but craigs list has lots of rentals. $800-875 is a good qp price to the clubs. There are tons of shit growers here. We got picked up by a club first week and they will open all the legal doors for you if that happens. The owner of this one turns away 5+ people a day with meds for sale.

Anyway if you grow great meds you can have a great life here. If you make it up let me know. We can meet up for lunch and I'll tell ya what I've learned the past couple months.

Ms_Weekend

I'm on an iPhone so typing sucks but Westminster outside Denver is nice. Broomfield, Longmont, it's all how much money you have put back. We have a 2 bedroom apt running 3000wt in each bedroom rent is $750. We also have a house with a basement running 6000wts, rent on that one is $1200. You will find nothing in the newspaper but craigs list has lots of rentals. $800-875 is a good qp price to the clubs. There are tons of shit growers here. We got picked up by a club first week and they will open all the legal doors for you if that happens. The owner of this one turns away 5+ people a day with meds for sale.

Anyway if you grow great meds you can have a great life here. If you make it up let me know. We can meet up for lunch and I'll tell ya what I've learned the past couple months.

not trying to belittle you S2B but for 800-875 a qp you can sell to whatever club you want.....maybe your trying to unload all 12k watts harvest on one day?...800 a qp could do that for you.......no one will turn you down for that price......shit thinking about it, ill take all you got at that price if its fire.....you short changing yourself, & letting people make more than you in one day, than you make in 70-90 days................800 is a good price for outdoor, or kiefed buds.....maybe the club is taking 10+ at a time for 3200 a lb?

................a little more realistic is 1k-1100+ if you have fire.

but to answer your question...I would stay out of jefferson county, & broomfield......boulder is relaxed but expensive.

$800-875 is a good qp price to the clubs.
No it's not. Unless you're growing beasters. I've never taken a penny less than $250/oz and I hopefully never will. If the clubs come down on their prices, maybe. But they aren't and probably wont. If you're growing quality get what it's worth or you're doing everyone a disservice but the greedy club owner.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
$250 an oz to the clubs... shit I'm moving.

Congrats Tiger, med card is the best thing ever did. If they took it away I would move tomorrow.

Congrats

Smiley

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I've never been there, but from my research, Aurora is a nice family oriented area where housing is reasonably priced.

From other peoples experience, moving across the country is a tough undertaking, not the physical moving part but the starting from scratch part. Especially if you have kids, they have to make all new friends as well as you and your wife and the cultural differences will make it a little harder.

Good luck with your move, I'll be making a few trips up there this summer to scope out different areas for myself.

Greenmopho

I would even like to explore employment opportunities with dispensaries in case I am unable to secure funding.

Unless you have huge boobs, or you are close buddies or family with someone who owns a dispensary, you'll be out of luck there. Don't depend on those schwag shops to employ you...

So, if you have advice on neighborhoods (I'm married, with children, so I prefer the 'pretty yard, playing in the street' kind of area), Referral Docs, a place to crash, or a job opportunity, please, post here or PM me.

Many good discreet neighborhoods like that in and around Denver. Keep a low profile and play the "father" role well, and you can grow anywhere, such as:
Littleton, Aurora, Englewood, Louisville, etc.

Stay the fuck out of Broomfield, the feds love that county. Boulder county is the safest for growers (also Denver county), but both are saturated. Denver will have cheap rent, but not in Boulder. The mountain towns are probably the best place to grow!

$800-875 is a good qp price to the clubs. There are tons of shit growers here. We got picked up by a club first week and they will open all the legal doors for you if that happens. The owner of this one turns away 5+ people a day with meds for sale.

IMO, most of the dispensaries suck and are greedy bastards. The real "presidential" that would be top shelf bud at Cali dispensaries doesn't even make it to most of the CO dispensaries. I wouldn't bother partnering up with them, or even seeking legal advice or trying to get legal with them. The laws are in the midst of changing anyway, where growers might not even need the dispensaries as partners, so don't get in over your head! Fuck those greedy dispensaries. My best advice is before you setup up your plants, sit down with an MMJ attorney, get all your shit straight first! Dispensaries won't even want to work with you until you've got product in hand, and then you've been breaking the law for the last 2-3 months. $800-875 is shit bud, hands down. If you had the chronic, you wouldn't sell it to your best friends for less than $950, c'mon!

800 is a good price for outdoor, or kiefed buds.....maybe the club is taking 10+ at a time for 3200 a lb?

................a little more realistic is 1k-1100+ if you have fire.

but to answer your question...I would stay out of jefferson county, & broomfield......boulder is relaxed but expensive.

Yup, and a lot of Cali outdoor is being sold and getting passed as "Organic Colorado Homegrown", watch out! Its crap, its the stuff they don't even want out in Mendocino or Humboldt that gets shipped around the rest of the country. You can usually tell from the shitty trim job, beat up yellowish trichomes, and a weak, diluted, earthy scent and flavor. Kieffed buds is also big here at dispensaries, be weary of places that "specialize" in hash or edibles, where do you think they are getting those trichomes for that hash??? From their bud, thats where!

And yea, stay out of Broomfield, Brighton, Thorton, most of North Metro, Jefferson county, Centennial, and most of the more conservative counties in the eastern part of the state! Your basically safe in the mountains, IMHO!

NiteTiger

Veteran
This is why I love IC, thanks for all the help folks!

still2big- Thanks for the location info, I'm aware of a couple of places you mentioned from my research, but a coupla new ones there! Thanks for the input on prices as well, and I'll take you up on that lunch!

Ms_Weekend- Thanks for another perspective on pricing! Jefferson county is a nog go, I'll note that :D

HossCartwright- Another perspective on pricing, awesome! Good info to see this from different points of view.

GeorgeSmiley- Thanks! I'm really stoked!

Sam the Caveman- I've noticed the Aurora area in my searches, glad to know my thoughts were along the same lines as yours.

Unfortunately, my family will not be coming with me, at least initially, specifically for the reasons you describe. I will be spending lots of time on planes :D

Greenmopho- I'm hoping one of the dispensary owners we have here would be willing to step up on the job front :D And every place you've mentioned I've looked at, so I'm glad I'm on the right track!

To clarify the situation a bit more for everyone:

I won't be making this move with my family, much to my dismay. Later in the summer, once I have some money coming in, they will come out and spend some time, but right now a total family relocation is not in the plan. I'll be doing a LOT of commuting once I've got the money coming in, probably on the order of two to three times a week.

With seed money: Initially my plan is to grab a light industrial space, and set up the grow there. I'm not planning on growing in a residential area, and will live in the warehouse office until I've got more cash under my belt. At that point I'll probably pick up a residence for when the family comes out to visit.

Without seed money: Grab whatever place I can and get my lights set up, and grow!

Either way, my first two to three months are going to be more than a tad rough :D

still2big

The club I sell to, top strains are $40 an 1/8 & $300 an Oz. I'd never sell to a club that asked more than $50 an 1/8.

Hell I wasn't even getting $1100 a QP when selling illegally.

NiteTiger

Veteran
The club I sell to, top strains are $40 an 1/8 & $300 an Oz. I'd never sell to a club that asked more than $50 an 1/8.

Wow that's some cheap bud :D

Around here, a QP of top shelf is going for around $1800! Must be awesome to pick up top shelf for 30 an eighth, that's less than mid-grades around here.

:yes: :woohoo:

still2big

Wow that's some cheap bud :D

Around here, a QP of top shelf is going for around $1800! Must be awesome to pick up top shelf for 30 an eighth, that's less than mid-grades around here.

:yes: :woohoo:

in Fl, I was getting $4k a pound & looking at definite prison time if I got caught again. There's just no way, in good conscience, I could sell it for same price doing it legally. Plus now I a have a bookeeper (I also pay quarterly taxes), lawyer, & extra patient's if needed. Getting in with a good club has worked out great.

NiteTiger

Veteran
in Fl, I was getting $4k a pound & looking at definite prison time if I got caught again. There's just no way, in good conscience, I could sell it for same price doing it legally. Plus now I a have a bookeeper (I also pay quarterly taxes), lawyer, & extra patient's if needed. Getting in with a good club has worked out great.

I can see your reasoning there :yes:

Greenmopho

$4k per lb is pretty much wholesale in FL, it only goes up from there. I grew up down there, was in the scene for a long time, risked my ass for too long!!!

kumplocke

So far everybody has been talking about the Eastern slope of CO. The Western slope has many great places to live and is more rural. Love It come check us out! You can PM me if you need any help while in the C.O.

still2big

Yeah my next setup will be about an hour or two back in. The city sucks!

And greed works both ways people. I know what a cheap ass apartment grow is making a month and if someone tried to sell me a qp of legal meds for $1000 I'd have to kick em in the balls just to spread the karma around.

OG, Chem, Hp, my Southern Charm, NONE of it is worth more than $800 a qp in Colorado!

NiteTiger

Veteran
kumplocke - Thanks, I hadn't thought about the West slope, I'll have to take a look out in that area.

As to the pricing, could it be regional differences? Are you guys all talking about the same region?

Yeah my next setup will be about an hour or two back in. The city sucks!

And greed works both ways people. I know what a cheap ass apartment grow is making a month and if someone tried to sell me a qp of legal meds for $1000 I'd have to kick em in the balls just to spread the karma around.

OG, Chem, Hp, my Southern Charm, NONE of it is worth more than $800 a qp in Colorado!
Well then kick every dispensary owner in the balls. Because the average dispensary price on those strains is $60 per 1/8th which is $1920/QP and $7680/lb. A few have them for $50 which is $1600/QP and $6400. Plus tax. Dispensaries are making as much profit on each QP as the growers and usually more. Why should medical growers sell to the dispensaries for $800 a QP if they are going to just sell it to patients at or above street price?

totally get a place in the mountains well if you dont need a regular day job not much goin on out there but you could rock out pretty much how ever much you want within reason. check out disps in the springs if you got some good product there really lacking in quality in that area and you can get 1000 1100 a quap in that area i would have to say thats just fine for some quick money but just meetin people will get ya better prices and with less drama with having to deal with the disps just hit up the hippie bars and concerts wont take long till you can unlead all your shit quick and at a decent price 325 to 350 a ozer if its super dank will go so fast depending on the area your in .

jd4083

Veteran

should move out east...lol...out here the college kids pay $1400+/qp all day long for mediocre commercial indoor...they flip shit when they see real chronic it's funny, a greedy man could make a $5-6k/elbow living out here quite easily with top shelf meds