What's new

**((Thundurkel's 252w Fluoro Frenzy))**

hilbie

strangely its looking like im going to be growin with a few 68s, u ever considered the 125clf hung circular with plants around it, i think with the way the bulbs designed its the only way to get your money worth out of the lumes...cfl=coils= alot of wasted light, they look bright as can be when u look at them simply becuase its light bounceing of itself.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I have to disagree about CFLs vs Tubes cuz my veg can with a 4ft 54w 6500K T5 and 2 17w 7800K T8s grows plants slower than my 4 26w 5000K and 6500K 2 of each equaling the 4 and it's a productive little fucker. What EVERYBODY seems to forget is that it's all about covering your WHOLE cab with MYLAR not white paint but MYLAR which turns the roof into a reflector along with the walls so no light is lost what soever and I've found it to be SUPER efficient in my flower cab... Before the mylar in my flower my lower nugs were fluff like many bitch about and my buds were just ok, but once that mylar was in my cab seemed to be 15-20% brighter and the buds fattened up to back that theory so I would take my advise seriously about cuz it reall worked for me.....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
48hr Update 11-9-09

48hr Update 11-9-09

Alright so were at that time again where today is 48hrs from the last update and I want to track this grow and share it with everybody so on with the pics :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

Super Silver Haze at day 20

picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape pheno A at day 16

picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo at day 18

picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry D Coffin Cut at day 17

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Dream at day 12

picture.php

picture.php

Jilly Bean at day 7

picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo at day 1

picture.php

picture.php

Flower Cab on 11-9-09

healthy as can be huh? Best part about it is when I mix my Organicare nutes following what the bottles say my PH is at a perfect 6.0 maybe 5.6 at the lowest but man I love the shit same with PBP all I need is 10ml of Bloom and 5ml Calplex and my PH is perfect also! I'm loving it over here with my new favorite nutrient company...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hahahah me knocking a cup over before the pic hahaha and no not in soil it's that Roots Organics Coco Fiber Hydroponic Soilless Media is what I was using but I've switched to Bio Juice Bio Coco and next round I'll be using Ready Grow moisture formula since I like Botanicare so much why not go with their coco right?

Cheesebuds - yea I stepped my shit up a bit huh? I had to or I was never see the full potential of my strains... But I LOVE fluoro's as we all know hahaha but really my love for them came from how good the quality of my buds were and that was just because of the spectrum I have going on in the cab. So when I read about Sun Pulse systems and bulbs I was like"It's about fucking time HID bulbs caught up in spectrum" now I can run HID with a spectrum more like my cabs so the quality is going to be ridiculous!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Oh yea I forgot to mention.... ATTENTION WEST COAST GROWERS AND MED PATIENTS!!!

So I'm kinda sick of the Chem Dog hype since I've never been that impressed with it don't get me wrong it's good shit but I think it's time for that new special bagseed to come along and I think I have found it!!!! Story isn't as cool but I found 7 seeds in a 1/4 oz of Oregon Grape I picked up for $50 cuz it was trimmed shitty and had a few seeds. Well after I popped out the 7 beans and plucked the leaves away I had 6.3g of DANK! The shit was frosty and super fruity smelling it just wasn't grown that well and was probably some outdoor that got seeded but who know's what male! Well I've been hoping to find my own seeds in some really good weed hoping for some clone only goodness so I popped 2 of the beans and got a male and a female. Killed off the male like a idiot cuz it would've gave sturdiness to any lanky strain but that's another story. This female Oregon Grape pheno A is lovely though! Thick stems with good node spacing, stinks in veg, veg mode is fast growth and it's got a 3x stretch I flowered em at 5" and they stopped the stretch at 18" and are going to give me nice fat cola's! They are kicking out resin in week 3 of flowering which is a good thing in my experience and the smell is starting to change and I can get the fruity undertones coming through so this bitch looks like a keeper!!!

So if you read all that then here's the good part I want help naming this strain cuz if it's super good shit then the west coast has a new clone only elite on our hands and some stoner will be lucky enough to say I helped name this shit and then prove it when called out on it hahaha if you think it's stupid fuck off cuz I'd like to help name some new clone only shit but the rules are you have to be a West Coast resident in one of the 3 states and that's it I'll start a thread to name it in Flower Pix when it's filled in ect...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I have a update coming shortly stay tuned it will be today sorry for slacking and by the way the Oregon Grape is getting better by the day it's smell is lovely and if this shit turns purp on me I'll be even more stoked! That would make it a fast vegging and what looks to be high yielding purps which would be awesome!

B

Bottled Cat

Thundur, you are truly an inspiration to me. Your grow is amazing! I think you may have saw my post earlier in one of the Docs threads, but I am just wondering what your watering method was for these fine ladies in the party cups? Flood and Drain or just watering from the top?

Thanks Thundur, safe growing and much love.
-BCat

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well Snowschool I'll be posting pics of what I did today in my cab which was tweak the spectrum a bit and took out 2 of my 42w 2700K bulbs and replaced them with Y sockets with 1 having a 26w 6500K and 26w 5100K and the other having a 26w 6500K and a
23w 2700K so I'm hoping for a increase in resin and possibly yield but who knows... I do know it's a increase in wattage and lumens before those 2 42w bulbs I removed were 2 points of light and 2700lumens I changed that to 4 points of light and 3600lumens so we'll see. From everything I've read it should give me better resin production but like I said who knows not too sure how much UVB is emitted from a 6500k and 5100K CFL if any at all but there has to be some do to how frosty my buds get with 2700K bulbs only so again we'll see lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Bottled Cat first off thanks I'm glad I've given people so much inspiration and showed that if you just follow a few simple guidelines you can grow some really good pot without HID light even though I'm running a HID grow right now hahaha I'm eventually going to get the SunPulse System with 3 bulbs and their ballast which allows you to adjust your spectrum from what I've read the shit is nuts. Finally someone decided to come out of the dino age of HID and made bulbs that get the most out of a digital ballast cuz my only gripe was spectrum and with the SP bulbs it's not a issue they come in 2.8k 3k 4k 5.8k 6.4k and 10k so you can really get the Sun in your room! At least what your plants think is sun...

Now about my watering, I stopped the Flood and Drain when I switched to the cups cuz I liked the idea of FRESH nutes being poured into each cup opposed to the 4th cup or bottle not getting everything the first 2 cups got since they sucked it out lol maybe I'm trippin but also I had a problem with lil knats for a while and it kept spreading cuz each time I brought a new row in it'd get dunked and shared water that had larva floating in it which I didn't find out for a while... Plus I was tired of dunking every bottle and cup and then holding and waiting for it to drain ect really I'd like to get a Ebb&Flow table and use those racks that hold 24 20oz bottles and stick 2 or 3 of them on a table and flood and drain them which would be easy since they all stay in place... Well I'm off to smoke some more Green Crack I picked up at SHHC which is fucking BOMB!!!! I'm thinking it's my buddy's crop but not sure if he dropped any over there but it sure looks and smells just like the sample he brought over for me to take pics of

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm going to take some in a bit I just have to take some cuts real quick cuz those damn Oasis cubes I wasted money on again (since they were so cheap) are taking forever IMO I would've had fully rooted cuts right now and some haven't even took root yet! Fucking ridiculous so since I just got a new hydro shop that opened literally 4 blocks from my house! I picked up a tray with 50 Root Riot cubes and a packet of Clonex Gel which I've wanted to try out both and the Rapid Rooter tray was the same price with the same amount but no rooting gel so Root Riot is was! I already like them more than Rapid Rooters cuz the hole in them is small so all size cuts have contact all around without poking a new hole with the stem off to the side like I see a lot of cats do.... What I'd like to know is if I can dilute this Clonex Gel with a lil bit of water and still have good success? With RootTech Gel I could dilute that shit damn near 45% with water and double the amount of gel and it worked even better like that! So I'm hoping to get the answer in the next 20min or I'm not gonna do it and just try out the gel by itself...

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Clonex is good shit! I think I used the purple gel - I can't find the damn bottle. I never tried watering it down though. The new cab setup sounds blinding. :D

maryjohn

Veteran
hey thund, are you using a heat mat? if your ambient temps are down a few degrees, that could explain the slow rooting.

I have been having good success just keeping the rooting powder next to my cloner and keeping it closed at all time. Sort of the way a churchill martini is made by passing it over the closed bottle of vermouth.

So you won't catch me shelling out for rooting gel.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nope, no heating mat I guess I kinda do though since my cloning station is on top of my flower cab and probably the reason behind me getting roots in 6 days before with Jiffy 7 Pellets they come in the 72 puck refills for a whole tray at Wal Mart.. Those with Root Tech gel is the BEST cloning setup I've had and Dip n Grow with Rapid Rooters was similar but we'll see what's up with Clonex and Root Riot cubes and since they are made by the people who make Clonex I think they will be good..

As for my bubble cloner I haven't used that thing in a LONG time for my main clones the only time lately that I pulled it out was when both my clone containers were full of cuts with no room for more and I did a lil test with it too. Check this out, I had 5 Blue Dream cuts I had in there for a week and I still didn't even see root bumps! So I put 5 Jilly Bean and 5 Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine cuts in and I soaked them in Dip n Grow for 20 seconds and I scraped the stem on the sides. Well wouldn't you know all those cuts kicked out roots in a few days and I mean they had bumps on the 3rd day in the cloner while those Blue Dream girls didn't do SHIT! They barely had bumps starting at 2 weeks in the cloner WTF!!! Results like that were why I switched to using Gel's and Dip n Grow cuz for this system to work and stay perpetual I need to take cuts for a new row every week. So if I take say 5 Thunder Goo cuts they will be ready to transplant in about 10 days from the day they go in a cube with gel and still need a day or so under my T5 to hit the sweet spot. That's why I take cut every 7 days so each container of cuts has 14 days to get ready and still be able to give me a nice healthy row of clones every 7 days which allows me to put them in for veg and put a already veggin row in flower and so on till I get tired of this shit hahaha..

I am planning on making a better cfl cab or just fine tune this one and rebuild it, I'd like to seal the bottom up and make it water tight so I could flood and drain em with out taking them out of the cab and just have the last 2 rows sectioned off to be flushed and the other rows would get the Pure Blend Pro Lucas feeding schedule of 15ml PBP Bloom and 5ml Cal Mag and should have a pretty simple and effective grow cab going cuz I hate having to water every day taking out every single plant! So a Rubbermaid tub for res with a pump on a timer ect sounds SO lovely!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Update! Sorry for lagging!!!

Update! Sorry for lagging!!!

Ok so I'm back with a update on the girls we have all been watching progress together crammed in my cab which measurements are 26"W 15"D 28"T with 21 plants in 18oz party cups being fed the Organicare line of all the supplements with their Grow Bloom and Boost and the Boost is just Liquid Karma in a different bottle LOL alright so on with the show!!!

picture.php

picture.php

SSH on day 29
picture.php

picture.php

Oregon Grape pheno A on day 24
picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo on day 27
picture.php

picture.php

Blue Dream on day 20
picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel Coffin Cut on day 26
picture.php

picture.php

Jilly Bean on day 17
picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo on day 10
picture.php

picture.php

Pic of the new lighting setup and the reason for the one Y socket being cockeyed is cuz of the wiring being to short right there and touches the bulb if the socket is screwed in straight and don't want to start no fires :joint:

But yea I can see a increase in resin on my SSH making some of the sugar leaves curl from the resin!!!! The usually just cover themselves but they are stacking on the edges of the sugar leaves so should be interesting to see come harvest :joint: Switching my spectrum to how it is at this point is kinda like the Sun Pulse system in a way if only I had some 10000K actinic blue fluoro's I could do the CFL version hahahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts