What's new

THS vs. SS bubblegum?

C

cork144

thseeds vs serious seeds bubblegum,

im looking for a good bubblegum, its been a strain ive always wanted to get,

so what are your personal experiences? yeilds, growth ease and stone,

does anybody have any experience of breeding with either?

looking forward to some nice infomation and hopefully some pics you guys can chuck up,

thanks and take care,

Big City

Serious Seeds is the way to go. Just be sure to buy at least a couple of packs to dig through. You need a decent number of plants to find that special mother with this strain. I've grown a few of these out and that sweet bubblegum pheno can be elusive.

bigbrokush

From what I've read, and I've not grown this strain out. I would say that it's White Label's that is the best. But remember that's from what I've read only.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran

i grew Serious-check the pics-they were fantastic. Whenever i brushed against them when they were in flower they would give off an amazing smell-like being in a sweet factory-v intense. You don't have to buy several packs either-although there were slight differences between plants at the beginning-at the end they all turned out pretty similar. I'd say that they have a similar growth pattern to Skunk#1.
They were as good as some of the 'elite' stuff that i've grown

eddieS

C

cork144

thanks titties for the great report, were most of the plants indica?

iwana shes a looker cheers for popping by,

bigains i had been looking at bubblegummer but i want to try some pollenchucking so fem beans arnt what im looking for,

thanks mixin,

cheers eddie, those buds look great,

thanks med, keeping it in mind

i think serious seems to be the way to go, they say mostly sativa and thats sort of what im looking for, allthough it seems THS bubblegum is coming up close,

might even get both, you never know.

IWanaGetHiSoHi

Sorry. I forgot share my experience. I played with quite a few packs of each and at 1 time I would buy any seeds that were claiming to be or have been bred from Bubblegum. THSeeds was closer in structure/appearance to the BG I have. Most of the plants lacked flavor for the most part. It was a stonier high (WL BG now DoubleGum was surprisingly the stoniest and produced the best weed of plants from seed called Bubblegum IMHO but it wasn't part of the Org Question). SS BG stretched more than others and fresh it kind of tasted like vomit to me. It was a touch to the grape/wine side of flavors after a cure.

From what I've read, and I've not grown this strain out. I would say that it's White Label's that is the best. But remember that's from what I've read only.

I only had 2 seeds germ and one was a Hermie,I'm yet to sample the other one as it's still growing.:(

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I went with Simon's(Serious) BG but I haven't popped the beans yet. I don't have the space right now but I plan on it in the future. I like THSeeds' gear as well so I can only imagine that it's a real hard decision for you. I don't think SB had THSeeds BG when I ordered my BG beans so I guess that Simon had his first? Can anyone verify this? I got the beans in 05 or 06, can't remember that was too many pounds ago.

IWanaGetHiSoHi

Well ... there's a whole History and some hype and a few myths have sprung forth ... and it begins Long Before 2005-06. Damn I feel old. I believe they worked together at one point and got the BG at or around the same time and went different directions with it. Both have legitimate claims to their versions of Bubblegum. White Label/Dronkers kind of does too. Go figure. Tony from Sag has a legit claim to a Very Fine BG cross ... Bubbleberry.

C

cork144

I went with Simon's(Serious) BG but I haven't popped the beans yet. I don't have the space right now but I plan on it in the future. I like THSeeds' gear as well so I can only imagine that it's a real hard decision for you. I don't think SB had THSeeds BG when I ordered my BG beans so I guess that Simon had his first? Can anyone verify this? I got the beans in 05 or 06, can't remember that was too many pounds ago.

well from THS' own discription plus some storys ive read about the bubblegum clones and how they got to the dam, it seems that simons would have been an earlyer release,

its all speculation though, they coulda just been out of stock at the time,

cheers for the replys everyone,

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Here's a second vote for bubbleberry. The blueberry leaning phenos are wonderful.

I know a lot about the bubblegum strain. The only original bubblegum is sold by TH seeds. The offering by serious has been crossed with a sativa and then sativa oriented plants have been selected. It may be a good grow and a nice potent plant, but it isnt orignial bubblegum by any measure. The original always has a narcotic, euphoric type high and is indica. The plants grow like soldiers with a moderate yeild. Some phenos taste sweet and bubblegummy.

Because ive heard that white labels BB has an indica effect, i suspect it is a thseeds knockoff.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey mate,

i've grown the DoubleGum from white label from seeds, and the serious from clones, two different. they were pretty similar, very fruity tasting mostly-indica, with a uplifting/euphoric high. it is a nice smoke but i found it not potent enough (guess i really prefer sativa up high, it is stronger). but I could smoke it all day long, 10g a day, for that it is good ! both WL and SS had a similar taste, structure, smoke.

also i ve talked about that with a good experienced friend who grew a couple of time the bubble from serious and ths from clones, and told me that def the TH seeds clone was a lot more potent.

so i'ld give a try to THS if you definetly care about potency. but if you re looking for very up euphoric high, for people with low tolerance, than go for Serious.

hope it helps

The Bubblegum story ~

There are several strains out in the world of cannabis genetics whose origin and further breeding process seem to be unclear. Growers get especially confused, when a certain strain is offered under the same name by two or more seed banks: who has the original one, whose are copies? Bubble Gum is such one contentious strain, of which at least two seed banks do offer their own versions, in this case Serious Seeds and T.H. Seeds (both residing in Amsterdam), not to mention all those internet-based criminal copy cats here. So I decided to trace back the real roots of Bubble Gum. Asking both the above-mentioned breeders resulted in two corresponding versions of the Bubble Gum's breeding story, giving good reasons for the existence of two high-quality Bubble Gum strains.

A grower in Indiana (USA) developed the original material during the 80ies. In 1993, this guy gave three very different female Bubble Gum plants to Adam from T.H. Seeds as well as to Simon and Tony (the two splitted up shortly after, with Simon founding Serious Seeds and Tony Sagarmatha Seeds) from Cerebral Seeds. So Bubble Gum arrived in the Netherlands in the hands of three breeders. And from that moment on, different new chapters were written in the breeding history of Bubble Gum, its development kind of branched out. Three breeders - three ways of breeding: These seed masters were going to make their own special selection out of the three different genetic types they had received.

Simon reports: "As far as I know, T.H. Seeds did work further with another of those 3 plants than I did". That's the reason why Adam (T.H. Seeds` BG will be another story...) considers his Bubble Gum as "mostly indica", whereas Simon puts his version into the "Mostly Sativa" category. He focused his research on two of the three lines, finally deciding for one type that should become his Bubble Gum seed strain.

~ Titties ( . )Y( . )

I think(there's a video on youtube search "TH + Bubblegum" Adam from TH seeds claims that he was originally gifted the bubblegum seeds (135 of them) and selected 7 females and 3 males and he let Simon(serious) and Tony(sagamartha) have them.

Latest posts

Latest posts