What's new

Thoughts on a new room design, input pls.

D

DaveTheNewbie

i ran 2 600's stacked.the quality was better overall but you would probably get better yields running 2 donuts with 1 a piece.you need to nail the trimming of sucker branches to prevent larf with a single 600,not as critical with 2 600's stacked since alot more light but then losing some efficiency.

awesome feedback

D

DaveTheNewbie

well final weigh up is done
i got a nice result of 18.5 ounces.
considering the problems with blumats ive had, im actually stoked with that.
once im running 100% coco it should go up considerably. (in theory)

420ish

congrats!how is the over all quality?thats about .86 per watt.pretty good pull.by making good adjustments,it will only get better!the 20 % rule was pretty close on the wet weight guess i made!

D

DaveTheNewbie

yeah lots of larf, was a dog to harvest. Somewhat fluffy too. Fixing the blumat problems will solve most of that, and putting the 2 lights one above the other will solve the rest.

D

DaveTheNewbie

well ive had the latest round of plants running in pure coco instead of 50/50 and the blumats have never performed better. its been 2 weeks now with perfect results.

here are my babies just 2 weeks old, and looking great

picture.php

picture.php

D

DaveTheNewbie

major changes today

i changed it so that veg and flower both use the same res
i added a bucket so theres 4 now
one of the 4 is high for gravity feed, the other 3 are shared with a pump to keep the grav feed bucket full
instead of 2 x 1 light donut i now have 3 x 600w in 1 column with plants surrounding it.
i will go to 3 plants per half of the column 4 week split for 6 plants around the column.

and i replaced the 100w CFL in cloning with 4 more LED T5 lights to keep heat down in the cupboard.

took forever to retrofit all that, photos when i can find the time. Its cramped as hell fitting in all the bits.

EDIT : woke up in the middle of the night and realised that i didnt bleed the air from the blumat lines so they prob wernt working (correct)

D

DaveTheNewbie

piccies time (even if they are crap)

my new post cloning light to replace the 100w CFL. Its 4 x T5 Led strips, works great with no heat

picture.php

6 x my new Marlo style screens for tying back the plants :

picture.php

a bad photo of the 3 600w lights in a column. you cant see the third on the bottom.

picture.php

the 4 VERY cramped Querkle. they are maybe 4.5 foot tall, 1 week to go. Will be much better with only 3

picture.php

and the 4 also VERY cramped Agent Orange plants 3.5 weeks in. With 4 weeks veg time they stretch to 6 foot tall. Perfect for the grow room.

picture.php

D

DaveTheNewbie

Dave the Larf Newbie

Dave the Larf Newbie

Well im thinking of changing my name to Dave the Larf Newbie.
The lesson here is dont top repeatedly in clone stage. You grow a vine / creeper instead of a plant and what is produced is a mass of sucker branches which leads to mass larf.

The image doesnt do it justice :
picture.php

But compared to the last 2 harveys it looks like alot more weight

Previous harvey :
picture.php

First harvey :
picture.php

As an aside, the root zone was well damp across the board. It is still an old perlite mix medium, so all i can put it down to is adding the benes.
If you have ever added benes you would have noticed all the gunk they create in the res. I figure that all that gunk made the medium ... mooshier ... and made the blumats work better. Just a crazy theory im working with, im still sticking to pure coco from now on.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If I am running a plant that stretches a lot in flower I veg differently. I will hang the bulb several feet above the plant to cause it to stretch in veg. Then when it goes to flower it fills that area in. I do this to strains like Kandy Kush or sour diesel. For a plant that does not stretch in flower I start it the same way in veg but when it reaches a height that it will still fill in in flower I drop the light down to the center of the plant to let it fill in before flower. I should also mention I veg with a bare bulb vert.

D

DaveTheNewbie

its not that its a stretchy strain, its very indica. ive grown it out maybe 5 times now.
its that over topping very early can really change the nature of it, and not for the better.

D

DHF

Definitely more bottomline product hangin this run regardless of excess larfage Dave.......

Onward and upward......Hope dried nuggage adds up Bro.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......