What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Hot damn! Can i spray you with an atomizer full of eagle 20? Also, my math says spraying chemicals on buds = being a fucking scumbag.

Sure...as long as I mix the poison! As to your scumbag comment...I guess when one is lacking in facts or knowledge, the name calling game starts and the logic of: "I think...therefor it is true" is supposed to trump "science" and ignore all the facts. Oh well, children will be children!

BTW...Water is a chemical compound with the chemical formula H2O. A water molecule contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms connected by covalent bonds. So I guess you might say, "water is a chemical"....hmmm.

Cheers...and good luck on your PM battles!

herbaless

Here is the materials safety data sheet:
http://www.precisiondallas.com/Images/msds/Eagle%2020EW.pdf

Here is the product label:
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld6dg000.pdf

It is safe to use of edible & ornamental crops but it does contain chemicals known to cause cancer. It's also potentially dangerous for aquatic life so should be used properly like any other chemical. It has a re-entry interval of 24hrs so you should not go near the treated area for 24+hrs. Never used it personally but I've heard a lot of talk about this product and this was the summary of my quick research.

Here is the materials safety data sheet:
http://www.precisiondallas.com/Images/msds/Eagle%2020EW.pdf

Here is the product label:
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld6dg000.pdf

It is safe to use of edible & ornamental crops but it does contain chemicals known to cause cancer. It's also potentially dangerous for aquatic life so should be used properly like any other chemical. It has a re-entry interval of 24hrs so you should not go near the treated area for 24+hrs. Never used it personally but I've heard a lot of talk about this product and this was the summary of my quick research.

Like every commercial cannabis grower I know, spray eagle 20 at week 2 of flower and worry not.

andrewjj2

IF YOU USE EAGLE 20 YOUR AN IDIOT.

I have read advanced university level literature and can assure you if a product (eagle 20) can prevent the development of mold spores even in the perfect environment for mold and works for more than a day.. Well lets just say you can be one of the in denial idiots such as this one guy (eclipse 420).

You get these corporate amateur growers who couldn't tell me what holds more nitrogen bat guano or sea bird crap yet they claim that pesticides and everything out there under the sun can be used simply because they think if it's on a shelf it must be border line okay.

Eclipse420 how you can compare pigs flying as your way of explaining your warped uneducated view on fungicides is actually sad.

If any sort of progressively developing fiber (mold, or the plant itself) is inhibited at a systematic level the negative effects are PERMANENT.

Even Neem deposits have been found at a microscopic level when it was used even exclusively in vegging.

Go outside peel an orange then smoke the orange peel after your done eating the orange. Oh wait you'll be fine the FDA doesn't claim orange peels as a carcinogen.. Have at it.

Any fiber than burns becomes a form of a carcinogen...

If you ever spray anything that has systematic properties onto your plant you will be smoking that when you harvest.. Unless it is sprayed exclusively when it is a clone.. I say that only refering to natural products that act in a systematic fashion.

Eagle 20 is on your plant FOREVER even when the "beneficial" aspects diminish you will always find a trace at a microscopic level. It's not heavy mineral deposits such as those left by lab formulated PGRS, however it is still an excess carcinogen that is not exclusively the plant fibers. You will be inhaling more than just your plant. The natural process of a plants persperation can not rid anything that effects the plant systematically. It can however rid simple things.. such as salts left by cheap foliar sprays etc...

Don't be an idiot. If you see leaves that aren't getting light do some minor lollipopping. Get good air flow in every which corner. I recommend tower fans for corners of trays.

If you get PM use Sierra Naturals Pm spray and after that measure 30ml of hydrogen peroxide (35%) per 1 liter of water (THIS IS NOT TO SPRAY ON PLANTS) Spray the H202 water in a direct stream (so it doesn't get onto plants) all over the room on the floor and around corners and up and down the walls (especially spray down all your filters). This is to make sure you catch any traveling pm spores. (one of my little ideas for natural methods of ridding pm). I have had fantastic results.
Make sure again to be careful not to get the h202 spray on the plants. Also spray the Sierra naturals PM spray only at night.. Preferably an hour before day time

andrewjj2

If you use any unnaturally derived pgrs and or any systematic pesticide or fungicide your not a grower. Your a degenerate who's too stupid and lazy to do things right.

andrewjj2

I would include synthetically compounded nutrients also.. but that would pretty much mean all of you considering there is not a single totally organic/natural nutrients company.

Even Agricultural Organics was recently caught with pgrs..

There is one company actually that just got kicked off that I highly recommend and that is Vega Matrix. It is the purest Organic/Veganic product line available. Not sure where to get it yet, but keep your eyes peeled it'll be all over the place really soon.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Andrew, we all have opinions (which I respect) but facts are facts. Myclobutanil (active ingredient of Eagle20) is NOT CARCINOGENIC and DOES NOT REMAIN IN THE PLANT FOREVER, or using your words, "Eagle 20 is on your plant FOREVER even when the "beneficial" aspects diminish you will always find a trace at a microscopic level. It's not heavy mineral deposits such as those left by lab formulated PGRS, however it is still an excess carcinogen that is not exclusively the plant fibers."

Sorry, you have it wrong.

These two posts of mine are probably the best responses to counter your opinion that I am an idiot: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5102791&postcount=977

Eagle20 is POISON.

Did anyone read the Eagle20 Label?

Do you guys think its a safe product?
Eagle20 is POISON.

Did YOU read the label?

Please provide your source to support your OPINION (not fact) that Eagle is POSION. Here is the information I posted in a different thread that debunked this earlier. Eagle (and aspirin) are Prop 65 chemicals--like most of the cleaners stored under your kitchen sink--and are NOT POISON!

Damn, I hate misinformation--AKA stoner logic! Eagle is classified as a "reproductive toxicant"--not "poison". Smear it on your chest and if you are a male, you might become sterile--AND if you are a female...nothing, no toxic effect with the reproductive system.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5009177#post5009177

(referring to data at this link: http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC120)
.....Now, why the skull and crossbones and PAN Bad Actor deal? You will not believe the answer.
First, what are PAN Bad Actors? "PAN Bad Actors are chemicals that are one or more of the following: highly acutely toxic, cholinesterase inhibitor, known/probable carcinogen, known groundwater pollutant or known reproductive or developmental toxicant."

So why is Myclobutanil a "Bad Actor"...any guesses? It is not what you think. The answers are in the section just past the skull and crossbones--seems that no one took the time to read it, so allow me to post it.

WHO rates Myclobutanil as "III slightly hazardous" and EPA has "no census value"...so IT IS NOT HIGHLY ACUTELY TOXIC (nope, not the first one).

Is it not a cholinesterase inhibitor....(ok, 2 down a few more to go)

As for Myclobutanil being a carcinogen, US EPA classifies it as a "Category E Unlikely" (Category E: Probably not carcinogenic, with no evidence of carcinogenicity in at least two adequate animal tests in different species in adequate epidemiologic and animal studies. (3 down...)

Groundwater rating...insufficient data, hmmm is this the qualifier for being a Pan Bad Actor?....nah, 4 down and no dingers yet.

It seems that like almost all chemicals (we have all seen those California Prop 65 signs/warnings about reproductive or developmental toxicants....well, guess what--that is the sole reason Myclobutanil it is a PAN Bad Actor.
Got it...all the hysteria cuz, it is a Prop 65 chemical. Too funny...most everything under my kitchen sink came with a Prop 65 warning, in fact--the Riedel Crystal wine glasses I got for Christmas came with the Prop 65 warning...lead glass is used to make crystal. Don't gas stations have Prop 65 warning signs posted too?

For a complete list of Prop 65 chems....http://www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single021712.pdf....which includes a dangerous pill called "aspirin"....lol.

So lets see....1 ml per gallon, foliar spray on leaves, 5 day foliar half life, 90% gone in 21 days...1 gallon will service how many plants in veg?...hmmm, what was the question again? Is Eagle safe? Where is the proof that it is not?....waiting....

It effect males reproductive systems only--"Male reproductive toxicity -- Myclobutanil: Exposure to Myclobutanil, a recognized reproductive toxicant, can negatively affect the male reproductive system. Myclobutanil is used mainly as a fungicide. The severity and nature of the adverse effect is variable and can be influenced by factors such as level of exposure and individual sensitivity to the chemical. Effects on the male reproductive system can include such things as altered sexual behavior, altered fertility and problems with sperm shape or count."

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/m/male_reproductive_toxicity_myclobutanil/intro.htm

I am a guy...and not worried.

And this post--https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5285292&postcount=89

Let me add a few logs to the fire....

Field experiments were conducted in two different locations to determine the dissipation pattern and residue levels of myclobutanil in tobacco leaves and soil. Myclobutanil 12.5 % microemulsion (ME) formulation was sprayed once at 3.0 mL/ha, and the residues in green tobacco leaves dissipated to more than 50 % of the initial deposits 5 days after application and up to above 90 % after 21 days. The dissipation rate of myclobutanil in soil was lower than that in green tobacco leaves. The residues dissipated above 50 % of the initial deposits 7 days after treatment and dissipated about 90 % after 42 days. The calculated half-life values (T (1/2)) were found to be 4.89-6.77 days in green tobacco leaves and 12.88-19.20 days in soil, respectively. The ultimate residues of myclobutanil in flue-cured tobacco leaves and soil were determined after the third and fourth applications at levels of 2.0 and 3.0 mL/ha. Myclobutanil residues in cured tobacco leaves 21 days after the last treatment ranged from 0.85 to 3.27 mg/kg. Meanwhile, the residues detected in soil reached below 0.045 mg/kg 21 days after the last treatment.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22415649

And if you spray Eagle20 before flower buds form, the actual buds will have close to zero residue. Although myclobutanil is a systemic, it does not have any significant translocation properties. Meaning once sprayed--the ingredients do not move within the plant (like transferring from leaf to leaf...or leaf to bud)--according to these two studies-

A greenhouse 14C RH-3866 (myclobutanil 14C radiolabelled in the phenyl or triazole ring) study to assess the translocation indicates no significant amount of 14C residues was translocated from the treated leaf to the roots or foliage in grape and apple seedlings. However RH-3866 was easily absorbed from a nutrient solution by the roots and translocated in wheat and grape seedlings.

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2011/sc-hc/H113-27-2010-14-eng.pdf

Over a 12 day period under greenhouse conditions, a constant uptake of myclobutanil from leaflet surfaces into the leaflet tissue was observed. Once in the leaflet, myclobutanil was seen to redistribute throughout the tissue, although no movement out of leaflets occurred owing to a lack of phloem mobility.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18683908

Hope this helps!

Does it stay for ever?..."residues in green tobacco leaves dissipated to more than 50 % of the initial deposits 5 days after application and up to above 90 % after 21 days." ...and "As for Myclobutanil being a carcinogen, US EPA classifies it as a "Category E Unlikely" (Category E: Probably not carcinogenic..."

Now...that's my science, let's see yours.

Cheers!

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Hey Weird, thanks for the neg rep! Hope you feel better...and thanks for demonstrating some "sociopathic belligerence"...LOL!

andrewjj2

So what are your credentials? Im not doubting that the company labels things a certain way. We know of pesticide deposits that exist on fruits at ralphs however the FDA states that the active chemicals diminish and what is left behind is nothing to worry about.

It really is about holding a higher standard.

You notice that the company doesn't mention tobacco? Even after having more 1 ounce bottle sales in the last decade for the hydroponics (marijuana) industry than any other form of growing..

Why don't they mention tobacco? Because there is a difference between spraying bug killer on your kitchen floor without a mask or choosing to spray a bud and smoke it. Your stomach lining is 50 times strong than the inside of your lungs.

Eclipse please stop misinforming people. I know you don't know how to get rid of PM any other way. I know you are too lazy to put fans in your room and get a dehumidifier and do it efficiently..

Go ahead and spray your buds with grape juice the day before harvest.. Grape Juice isn't labeled as a poison or as cancerous through the FDA so you'll be plenty fine.

Here's a scientific slap in the face.

Your plant can barely get rid of 100% natural foliar sprays through perspiration due to the fact that plant don't work that way.

When you take a shower does it guarantee your ears are clean? No you need q tips for that. Plants pores are similar however you don't have q tips that small.. lol. In all seriousness though it's a good comparison.

Your not really ever supposed to spray anything on your plant at a ppm any higher than 250. If your water is that dense to begin with I'd get an RO then add enough of a good micro nutrient spray only up to say 150ppm or what is recommended. Unless what is recommend goes above 250 to 300.

It's 100 times easier for your plant to push out small amounts of salt build up from foliar sprays than it is something that has the purpose of being systematic (a part of your plants permanent function).

You think something can be systematic and just disappear in 9 weeks.. How convenient of the hydro store guy! It just so happens ever pesticide and chemical known to man just disappears in the perfect format of timing for growing pot. What are the odds of that?

Well the odds are none existent because it's all hydro store nonsense.

Eclipse I'll literally send you 500$ via western union if you can prove to me that there are 0 sodium traces on your plant 2 months after an average foliar spray. You won't be able to prove it because you'll find out that I'm right. Even natural foliar sprays past a certain ppm can leave salt traces for months.

Your really taking to the wrong person eclipse. I know powdery mildew has been your ritual since your started "growing".. However your 100% wrong. There are significant traces of this chemicals still in your plant, however the company claims that past the point of being an active chemical you don't have to worry about it.

There is a colossal difference between smoking something and eating something. Even on that note your probably one of those guys that defends pesticide plane practices.

From the bottom of my heart stop being ignorant and due some research on terms used in advanced botany.

Or better yet keep your carcinogenic smoke to yourself.

Weed is a carcinogen by definition.. Any fiber that is burnt and smoked is. Scientifically even organically derived foliar sprays leave minor traces for month let alone a Systematic lab formulated chemical that was never intended for use on something that is burnt and inhaled. I'm not sure how much more I can clarify every little detail to get it across.

andrewjj2

If less than .01% of any organic matter is on another organic matter neither are an "independent environment".

10% is still there after 21 days? That's disgusting and frankly that's even more than I thought.

Your reading airhead corporate studies on websites that practically have link to pesticide bottle corp. Your trying to convince me that we need a federal reserve because your drone text book says we do.

Prove to me that an independent environment is not breached permanently when using natural substances at a light dose let alone systematic chemicals and I'll send you the 500$.

Or better yet go outside and smoke the orange peels.. Remember the FDA doesn't deem orange peels as a carcinogen.

Also did you know that even a minor inconsistent flow of perspiration due to either minor natural sprays or systematic chemicals lowers terpene production?

You shouldn't search on google. "Proof that pesticides are okay"! You'll always find some half as study such as the one you have above that deems that 10% trace after a month is okay. Considering the science of independent environments tells us that 1/100th that would still be considered a breached environment thus you are not smoking the weed alone.

andrewjj2

I apologize for mean words. I just hate it when I feel the ignorance in the air mainly because your too scared to change your ways. Your leaning towards your false opinion a lot more because you don't want to accept change that could be tedious.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fnhqs.jpg

fnhqs.jpg

fnhqs.jpg

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Andrew...the science I quoted is real, not corporate propaganda. You sir, have produced zip, nothing but hot air and opinion, no facts--just a bunch of "stoner logic". Man-up and produce some science that supports your claim that Myclobutanil (active ingredient in Eagle20) residue stays on the plant forever and is carcinogenic. Sorry, but the science I produced says otherwise.

Cheers!

BTW...time to "re-read" my earlier post regarding a "reality check"--which assumes some fool sprayed a flowering plant...as the analysis is how much Myclobutanil residual is potentially on buds, not leaf. Of course, we all know that Myclobutanil does not translocate from leaf to leaf, or from leaf to bud.

Reality check...any proof (as in scientific...3rd party stuff) that using 0.75-1.0 ml of Eagle20 per gallon for foliar spraying is dangerous to ANYONE or ANYTHING (but powdery mildew)?

1 ml of Eagle20 contains 0.197 ml of active ingredient.
1 ml of Eagle20 diluted in 1 gallon equates to a dilution rate where...
1 ml of spray contains 0.0000520475561426684 ml of active ingredient.

Using a low velocity, low pressure "paint sprayer" I can spray 40+ plants with less than 32 oz of spray. So, lets make it easy, 32 plants with 32 oz of spray, or 1 oz of spray per plant.

So...0.197 ml of active ingredient (1ml of Eagle20 in a gallon of water) divided by 128 oz is equal to 0.0015390625 ml per oz...which is the same per plant, yes? Maybe not, since 100% of the spray does not land on the plant (overspray) and we have a thing called breakdown (as evidenced by half-life) the actual residual amount of active ingredient that lands on a plant is certainly less than 0.0015390625 ml...maybe half that? or could it be closer to 10% (if so, then add another zero to the right of the decimal point).

Now...how many buds per plant? Say 3 zips per plant, and average bud is 1 gram (lets make it easy), so that should be about 83.5 grams per plant. Lets divide 0.0015390625 ml by 83.5....and now each bud could have 0.000018000730994152 ml of active ingredient...and that is BEFORE factoring in things like breakdown/residual (60 days from spray day) and how much of the spray actually lands on the plant. Like I said, adding another zero or two might be more accurate in guestimating how much Eagle20 is in a bud.

IMHO, if there are too many zeros to the right of the decimal point for it to matter, then the issue is probably not significant and not very important to worry about--probably more danger in touching a dollar bill than smoking a bud that was responsibly treated with Eagle20 (the germ count on a dollar bill is greater than 0.000018000730994152)!

Like I said, time for a little "reality check"!

Cheers!

Regarding bacteria on dollar bills, from a 2002 Ohio study--http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12597308

"The 68 one-dollar bills collected yielded 93 bacterial isolates. Bacterial colonies were isolated from 64 bills (94%). Five bills (7%) yielded bacteria considered pathogenic to healthy hosts and 59 bills (87%) yielded bacteria considered potentially pathogenic to hospitalized or immunocompromised hosts. Four bills (6%) had no significant growth. An overview of the results is given in the Table.

Of the 5 bills yielding pathogenic bacteria, 2 showed Staphylococcus aureus and 3 showed Kielisiella pneumoniae. The remaining isolates consisted of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus, [alpha]-hemolytic Streptococcus, Enterobacter species, Acinetobacter species, non-aeruginosa species of Pseudomonas, Bacillus species, Alcaligenes species, diphtheroids, and Escherichia vulneris. There was no significant growth from 4 of the one-dollar bills."

TABLE

Organisms Isolated From 68 One- Dollar Bills.

No. of
Isolates

Total isolates 93
Common pathogens
Klebsiella pneumoniae 3
Slaphylococcus aureus 9
Total Common Pathogens 5
Potential pathogens
Mixed gram-positive cocci * 54
Enterobacter species 14
Acinetobacter species 8
Pseudomonas pulida 3
Bacillus species 5
Alcaligenes species 2
Diphtheroids 1
Escherichia vulneris 1
Total potential pathogens 88

* Primarily coagulase-negative Staphylococcus and [alpha]- hemolytic
Streptococcus.

Nuff said!

Last edited:

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
has anyone tryed safer's Defender? its a sulfer based product and it works great but the only downside is it cannot be used after week 5..or your product will taste like your smoking match heads!

Drip Clean?

Drip Clean?

just harvested my first batch after using eagle 20 in veg and for the first time in a year no mildew not one speck! coincidently I used drip clean and got my biggest harvest ever thank you so much krunch your the man!!!!!!!! you must spread some reputation around before you can give it to krunchbubble agian

Drip Clean? I thought this was for salt buildups and cleaning equip? How did this improve your yield? Please explain..