What's new

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

Also my current crop, (which is just one now) im still battling PM. I am using specrecide. It is approx 3 weeks into 12/12. Im still getting PM, not too bad but still visable on some leaves. Is it ok to continue with this plant into harvest even with some PM on it?

Thanks Krunch! I thought i read...correct me if im wrong, that you do not use it every grow now and are ok, or do you use it at every veg? Also do you use it once early on during veg and right before you turn them to flower or just once right before flower?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Also my current crop, (which is just one now) im still battling PM. I am using specrecide. It is approx 3 weeks into 12/12. Im still getting PM, not too bad but still visable on some leaves. Is it ok to continue with this plant into harvest even with some PM on it?

3 weeks in is pretty damn far. if it is a 80+ dat strain,i would say go ahead and use it. if its done any quicker, no good....

Thanks Krunch! I thought i read...correct me if im wrong, that you do not use it every grow now and are ok, or do you use it at every veg? Also do you use it once early on during veg and right before you turn them to flower or just once right before flower?

i just spray it in veg, right before i put it into flowering if i have it powder mildew. but, i haven't had it in a long time, so i haven't been using it...

3 weeks in is pretty damn far. if it is a 80+ dat strain,i would say go ahead and use it. if its done any quicker, no good....

It is...The first one took roughly 95 days..

i just spray it in veg, right before i put it into flowering if i have it powder mildew. but, i haven't had it in a long time, so i haven't been using it...

So you dont use it everytime during veg then huh? Im a rookie so im still learning and this is my frist cast of PM, but it only happened during flower. So you dont use it everytime during veg?

krunchbubble

Veteran
It is...The first one took roughly 95 days..

So you dont use it everytime during veg then huh? Im a rookie so im still learning and this is my frist cast of PM, but it only happened during flower. So you dont use it everytime during veg?

you absolutely can, for preventative maintenance. but im not in any danger of getting pm, so i dont use it to often....

one more question....how much soap do you use to the 2ml/gal solution?

a couple drops per gallon.....

greenduck

thanks for the respected advise on this thread. we have PM towards the end of our harvest even when we go around and trim it out, pm comes back in like a snake. just about to flip veg to 12/12 and there is not one plant with PM. harvest in the main room next week so we will be using diluted bleach on the entire room (as much as possible without passing out hhaha) so hopefully PM wont be on our next batch. (i see about 4 plants with a lil pm our of 22...one has a bunch so we may have to trim it for a loss)

question: should i use this even though i dont see any in the veg or so i just use a 3 in 1 fugitide spray for prevention? if anything? guess its all experience so maybe i wont this time and try to clean the room thoroughly.

G

greenmatter

i hate spraying anything on the girls if i don't need to but in your situation i would spray the veg room so you know they are clean and start cleaning the shit out of everything, total overkill would be a good idea, and do twice that in the flower room after you chop. use the eagle to get rid of the PM but do what you need to do to keep it out after that. if you do everything right you will only have to open that bottle one time. good to have it on the shelf if you miss something but remember it aint neem oil.

krunchbubble

Veteran
i hate spraying anything on the girls if i don't need to but in your situation i would spray the veg room so you know they are clean and start cleaning the shit out of everything, total overkill would be a good idea, and do twice that in the flower room after you chop. use the eagle to get rid of the PM but do what you need to do to keep it out after that. if you do everything right you will only have to open that bottle one time. good to have it on the shelf if you miss something but remember it aint neem oil.

good advice

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
It's some nasty shit, just like Forbid (avid, floramite, ect.),
But wars get messy.
Damn glad I went nuclear!

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
KRUNCHBUBBLE did you say a bleach spray down works for pm? or were you guys just talking about that eagle stuff? wich is better?

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
sweet so you that right befor you go into flower, give them a good spray down. is that eagle stuff avable anywhere? or do you gotta order it?is it expenseve?

G

greenmatter

sweet so you that right befor you go into flower, give them a good spray down. is that eagle stuff avable anywhere? or do you gotta order it?is it expenseve?

costs around $60-$70 ....... you can't ship it to some places but in the u.s. you can get it at rosemania.com or tampaag.com

YOU SHOULD READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOU BUY THIS .......jmho

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a few ideas Ive incorprated after years of breeding. First off Keep your day/night temps as close to the same as possible. Little to no "neg diff" (negative differential) in temperature change is really the key for 12/12 growers. I rarely have the problem because my lights are always on (because of autos), but Im not perfect and I have had it once or twice. Ive actually seen where PD spores might have landed on my plant a few years back, but never took hold because of the proper temps. Also if you want to use a "sulfur" type remedy, instead use something with a little extra sulfur in as a foilar spray like "sweet" from Botanicare. It leaves no residue, as it might not work for everyone but it worked for me. I even had a plant in my grow room knowingly and it never grew on any of them. Its like the spores just died right then and there.

For the 12/12 growers, be sure to keep a heater of some sort with really good air movement during the "lights off" period in the winter, and top off the top of your pots with something mostly inert, like strait Pro-mix, or something. Higher nitrogen at the surface I believe makes it easier to grow. Clean habits go a long way but mostly temperature spikes causes it for me.

With that being said I'm seriously considering buying some of that eagle stuff just in case.