What's new

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

kstampy

Even if Serenade worked I probably wouldn't use it again due to the fact that it smells exactly of ass feet. I don't like things that smell worse than a bum that hasn't showered for months. I STILL catch sniffs of that shit a year later on my shelves. Horrible smelling stuff lol.

Just here to give a progress update. Sprayed a few days before veg and I am now 2.5 weeks in so a total of around 18-20 days from one spraying and I have not seen much of anything anywhere. I would say my infection was a 3-5 out of 10 if you scaled it, I caught it 2 days before ordering E20 so not much time to spread. Bleached the floors and covered them with killz2 while I waited as well. Absolutely no PM anywhere in the room that is out of any sort of control, all I see is a few really dried up white spots that look like someone rubbed them off already but when I go to rub them off its so dry it barely comes off... I suspect this is dead PM that didn't wash off on the initial spray? Or PM that tried to come back? I know I covered every plant from soil line to the cherry on the tippy top so it couldn't be that I didn't spray that part.

I should also mention that my exhaust fan went out again for about 4-5 hours a few days in to flower which is what initially got me PM but still nothing came back. At least this time the circ fans stayed on. Very impressive job so far I may have to just start this stuff as a solid preventative each crop. I just didn't like how 2ml/gal made my younger leaves eagle claw/stress a bit (as I want to go SOG clone->flower and no stress from day 1 helps), maybe I will try 1.75ml/gal next time or let them sit in the darkness/wind longer before popping the lights back on.

ACTINOVATE? Anyone heard or tried this? It's a biological control for PM, not serenade.

http://www.naturalindustries.com/2005-sp.factsheet-MSDS.pdf

Actinovate® SP is a high concentration of a patented beneficial bacterium on a 100% water soluble powder. This powerful new product effectively suppresses/controls a wide range of soil borne diseases including Pythium, Phytophthora, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Verticillium and other root decay fungi..

Actinovate® SP is also labeled as a spray application for foliar diseases (when appled as a spray) such as Powdery and Downey Mildew, Botrytis, Alternaria and others.

In fact, when used as a preventative, researchers have seen Actinovate® SP work as well or better than most chemicals.

The benefits of Actinovate® SP don't stop there: Because of the special properties of the Actinovate® microbe, plants treated with Actinovate® SP will be vigorous, have increased vitality and have much better root growth. Actinovate® SP contains the microorganism Streptomyces lydicus strain WYEC 108.

When introduced into the soil this microbe colonizes and grows around the root system of plants. While settling in the root's rhizosphere the microbe forms a synergetic relationship, feeding off of the plant's waste materials while secreting beneficial and protective by-products. This combination of the colonization and the protective secretions forms a defensive barrier around the root system of the plant which in turn suppresses and controls soil pathogens. S. lydicus also has been shown to prey on certain pathogens, disrupting their cell walls and disabling them in the process. Finally, the by-products of the Actinovate® microorganism also aid plants in complexing minerals and micronutrients found in the soil, allowing easier uptake and, thus, creating a stronger, more robust plant.

This symbiotic relationship between plant and microbe is the optimum balance for a natural, productive soil environment. Actinovate® SP makes it happen.

kstampy

Quick update I am 34 days in to flower so a total of about 38 days after spraying and have not seen a single spot in veg or flower or clone chamber. Thank you so very much KB, I struggled with PM in the past (mostly when learning to grow) and no longer even give a shit or worry if it will ever hit me again lol. Before this round when my power went out I thought I had lost a whole harvest and had to start over and waste another 2-4 weeks, nope! I read about a lot of products (just about all of the common ones to be honest) for us and so far this is the only one that just flat out worked for me. I had used... Green Cure, Serenade, Neem, Milky Water, High pH water, baking soda water, sulfur burner and probably some others in the past with no success and a lot of wasted time and bud. Even with a spray every 1-3 days with those things it didn't really do the trick and was a LOT of work and worrying. One application of Eagle 20EW @ 2ml/gallon and I was done. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I am spreading the word.

I spoke to a local clone only club that also flowers out their strains for samples before you get the genetics. I gave them some and asked if they could test the buds to see if it shows up in the buds if sprayed before start of flower, hopefully they get back to me in the coming months as they seemed Very interested in finding this out as well.

G

guest121295

I picked up a bit of PM about 3 weeks ago in my veg room, just a few spots on some clones...a day or two later it's on every seedling and cutting in my veg room so I knew Krunchbubble had this in his sig and I've seen other people fight this stuff to no avail, just a disaster...My friend had a fresh bottle of Eagle 20 so I hit him up for a little bit and used a pump sprayer and slammed the whole veg room , every leaf, didn't even cover the containers, I just sprayed it all.Since then there has not been a single dot of PM in that room.The MNS Spice seedlings I had in there with all my moms etc just shook the PM and started growing crazy.I put a real big plant that was sprayed into flower 2 weeks ago and not a single blemish so far..Here's some of the seedlings about 10 days after spraying as they headed to the flowering room.All the plants look like this, it's almost unbelievable.Thanks Krunch!!!
picture.php

G

guest121295

Here's the big plant I was talking about, it had pm all over it.Now she's preparing to be a beast!Not a blemish on her.
picture.php

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Quick update I am 34 days in to flower so a total of about 38 days after spraying and have not seen a single spot in veg or flower or clone chamber. Thank you so very much KB, I struggled with PM in the past (mostly when learning to grow) and no longer even give a shit or worry if it will ever hit me again lol. Before this round when my power went out I thought I had lost a whole harvest and had to start over and waste another 2-4 weeks, nope! I read about a lot of products (just about all of the common ones to be honest) for us and so far this is the only one that just flat out worked for me. I had used... Green Cure, Serenade, Neem, Milky Water, High pH water, baking soda water, sulfur burner and probably some others in the past with no success and a lot of wasted time and bud. Even with a spray every 1-3 days with those things it didn't really do the trick and was a LOT of work and worrying. One application of Eagle 20EW @ 2ml/gallon and I was done. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I am spreading the word.

I spoke to a local clone only club that also flowers out their strains for samples before you get the genetics. I gave them some and asked if they could test the buds to see if it shows up in the buds if sprayed before start of flower, hopefully they get back to me in the coming months as they seemed Very interested in finding this out as well.

Here's the big plant I was talking about, it had pm all over it.Now she's preparing to be a beast!Not a blemish on her.
picture.php

right on guys! your pm blues are now officially over!

but, still do maintenance, spray before you put into flower, just in case something came in from outside...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I also share the E20 praises! E20+Kens GDP=no more PM....thanks a million krunch!

kens gdp is a pm haven, it loves kens gdp for some reason. and he loves to sell infested clones to you as well. told him about eagle 20 and he laughed at me, just trying to help him not infect patients who buy his clones......

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i found pm on some clones i recieved, I used eagle 20 on the whole room just in case, haven't seen pm since!

I

idoreallytry

kens gdp is a pm haven, it loves kens gdp for some reason. and he loves to sell infested clones to you as well. told him about eagle 20 and he laughed at me, just trying to help him not infect patients who buy his clones......
thats funny u say that about gdp i have asour diesel x gdp and it tried to sneak the PM past the sulfur burner milk high ph'd water everything but finally the sulfur killed it,,well for now at least,,, i am hoping anyway lol,,,PM is nasty just waiting to go pick up my lil bottle of eagle20,,,peace

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran

That`s real good to know. I had a gdp x white rhino cross that had it as well. Seems everything with gdp in it got really really fucked off. I ended up killing like 15 plants due to this PM shit. Plants were massively covered. Then I ran across this post like 2 days later. Before these plants were brung in I never had PM before! Thank GOD and krunch for this find

jose69

right on guys! your pm blues are now officially over!

but, still do maintenance, spray before you put into flower, just in case something came in from outside...
I been fighting pm every winter for many years tried every thing with no results,then istarted using eagle 20.Results no more pm ,thanks this stuff really works

My story is the same. I have 2 rooms full of GDP (it might be Ken's, not sure) and got PM last year for the first time, even with a perfect environment. It was an epic fight (NOT fun) to save that harvest, found this thread about Eagle-20 and haven't had even a hint of PM since. Myself, and all my friends thank you Krunch for keeping growing fun!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
just order a pint of it.....then u can resell some to your friends lol. tampa ag