What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

down2grow

Ok I must have done something wrong. Sprayed some eagle in veg and about two weeks later I sprayed again before I flipped to 12/12. The PM never showed up 7.5 weeks in on a 8.5 week strain, but it came back the last week. I take out all off the girls in veg into a room with no fans, spray or dunk the gal, wait a couple of hours then put them back into veg/flower room.

D2G

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Ok I must have done something wrong. Sprayed some eagle in veg and about two weeks later I sprayed again before I flipped to 12/12. The PM never showed up 7.5 weeks in on a 8.5 week strain, but it came back the last week. I take out all off the girls in veg into a room with no fans, spray or dunk the gal, wait a couple of hours then put them back into veg/flower room.

D2G

im very surprised. this is the first i ever heard that it didn't work like it should.....

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
@krunchbubble

Thank you

In Germany one needs a material customer proof. The Product is only for commercial gardeners.

I would need a trader in Europe.

About a tip I would be grateful.

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes

I eventually managed to get hold of it in Spain by tracking down the Dow distributor for the area and hassling him. Of course it is in a different pack with a different name [Systhane] in his catalogue... but it is available.

The Spanish will happily sell you anything, I am sure there are old boys up in the mountains still using DDT, probably stores still selling old stocks... Germany on the other hand is far more regulated and it simply may not be available to the public.

Good Luck

down2grow

im very surprised. this is the first i ever heard that it didn't work like it should.....

Krunch,

Do you think two weeks was too long of a wait for the 2nd application? Can I up the dose to 3ml a gallon? I was using dish soap as a sreader. Maybe I need some DM saturator or something.

Herb,

These girls were dipped twice in a 5 gallon bucket with 10ml of Eagle each time. Bottom of the stems were sprayed just in case I missed with dunking.

D2G

Herborizer

Veteran
Krunch,

Do you think two weeks was too long of a wait for the 2nd application? Can I up the dose to 3ml a gallon? I was using dish soap as a sreader. Maybe I need some DM saturator or something.

Herb,

These girls were dipped twice in a 5 gallon bucket with 10ml of Eagle each time. Bottom of the stems were sprayed just in case I missed with dunking.

D2G

I hear that if you don't mix up the PM treatment, you can end up with nasty resistant strains of PM.

How heavy is the PM? Light little spots of PM or saturated powder everywhere?

I hate PM, its the worst thing ever in my opinion.

rocket high

Veteran
is ther a organic way to get rid of powdery mildew ... milk with water or something but i think thats a preventative.. any ideas?

krunchbubble

Veteran
Krunch,

Herb,

D2G

if you have infected plants and you sprayed/ dunked the plants, there is a possibility that some spots were not touched by the solution and pm will stay on there. does not mean it will spread to the rest of the plant, but just those certain areas, maybe this is what you see? this happened to me when i had a huge grow, sprayed, missed a few spots, the pm was there but did not spread from those small area's.
eagle only needs to be used once to be affective, i say spray twice, just to make sure...

is ther a organic way to get rid of powdery mildew ... milk with water or something but i think thats a preventative.. any ideas?

sry man, nothing organic can get rid of pm. you can try to battle it or prevent it, but there all band aids......

down2grow

I hear that if you don't mix up the PM treatment, you can end up with nasty resistant strains of PM.

How heavy is the PM? Light little spots of PM or saturated powder everywhere?

I hate PM, its the worst thing ever in my opinion.

Its not super heavy, but it's obviously there. My last crop it showed up vey mild at 7 1/2 weeks so I didn't spray any greencure. After the hang dry it spread into the buds. I threw that gal away! If only I can spray eagle 2-3 weeks into flower, I would be golden for sure.

D2G

Space Case

Veteran
Anyone use 2mL per gallon of Eagle with some time of surfactant like dish soap, SM-90, or DM Saturator? I just did my 2nd application with DM Saturator, and it seemed to cover the leaves better. I just so happen to be sitting on a bunch of Saturator from the SF Expo earlier this year that I didn't use. I think it helped.

Also, since Eagle 20 is systemic, anyone have luck with putting it in your res??!?! How about spraying bottoms of leaves?

echo_chamber

If any of you are afraid of Eagle 20, it it's a chemical called "myclobutanil" and can be bought in MUCH less concentrated mixtures. Eagle 20 is 20% Myclobutanil. Spectracide Immunox is less than 1% myclobutanil.

I've used Immunox (NOT the +Plus version that has Permethrin added) and it completely controlled my PM problem. Even plants that i took clones from that had PM, once sprayed with Immunox i flowered them out with ZERO PM.

Like ALL chemicals, dont use once you start flowering. Of course if you have PM, you need to find the SOURCE of it... If you kill the source and you use Myclobutanil product in vegging mode, you will not see PM anymore.

Thanks to Krunchbubble for the thread. Awesome information for this NASTY disease.

Harinama

eagle is great! I saw 1 nasty pm spot and sprayed everything in my op. That was 4 mths ago, haven't seen any more since.

The EAGLE has landed!
and pm went poof!

down2grow

Krunch,

I have some girls that were dunked once in veg that are currently in their 6xth week of flower. At 4 weeks some spots showed up, sprayed some greencure and some spots are showing up again. I know you mentioned not to spray in flower, but what if we lowered the dose to .5-1ml a gallon til week 3 of flower. Will that be ok? I'm sick of fighting this!!

krunchbubble

Veteran
Krunch,

I have some girls that were dunked once in veg that are currently in their 6xth week of flower. At 4 weeks some spots showed up, sprayed some greencure and some spots are showing up again. I know you mentioned not to spray in flower, but what if we lowered the dose to .5-1ml a gallon til week 3 of flower. Will that be ok? I'm sick of fighting this!!

im not sure, it could work if its a 10-12 week strain....

10% hydrogen peroxide works great as a spray to kill pm....

t33to

Krunch u the mang!

When you say 10% hydrogen peroxide, do you mean h202? What about the cheaper hydrogen peroxide you can get at grocery stores and such? Worth a try? No garden stores are open near me today.

down2grow

Is that 10 parts water and one part hydrogen peroxide? I'm harvesting the 30th of this month. I hate using greencure because it really darkens my pistils and makes my buds a little dry. Thanks Krunch!

D2G

Latest posts

Latest posts