What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Once you mix up a batch does it stay viable for awhile? or do you have to use what you mixed right away? I figure if i was getting clones i could just have a spray bottle ready to go.
Spray down all new clones just encase

down2grow

Good question trip. Why is it that you have to turn off your fans after spraying/dunking this product? I got my eagle 20 eight days too late as Krunch suggested not to use this after 10 days of flower. I'm on day 18 at the moment. Eagle 20 is to stay in the plant for 30 days and I'm on day 18. So let's say I have a 9 week strain. Shouldn't the eagle be out of the system or is it because buds are forming already and I shouldn't spray.

Thanks fellas

D2G

MeNotYou

powder mildew, its everywhere. the shit sucks! people have lost tons of money to powder mildew. you use sulfur burners, serenade, neem, fungicides, raw milk, dutch master products and many, many other things that may knock pm down, but will not get rid of it. you may not see it, but it will come back! at at the time when it gets you the worst...
Putting Eagle to the test...
I have a sulfur burner, used all kinds of bandaid approaches, and have breathed enough Serenade that I could hack up some fungicide for ya
:puke::smokeit:
I just got it in the mail & sprayed them today... *Crosses fingers*

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
The one thing I've noticed about PM is that you can't get rid of it unless you get rid of everything your growing and start over. I grew without PM problems for the last few years until I got an infected clone. One infected clone brought PM into my house and everything I have has gotten since then. Now I'm dealing with PM problems everytime I start something new because I got older plants that got the disease. It spreads from plant to plant. Some strains get it bad while others barely get it, but I haven't found a strain yet that doesn't get it. I hate it but I don't feel like chopping down everything and starting all over, that takes months. So for now I have to deal with it and control it. I use neem oil but it seems like it only helps for a few days. I've heard of milk/water, baking soda/water, and other procedures. I've even used peroxide to see if it would kill the infection but didn't work. I think the real solution is to get rid of everything and anything that is infected. Then clean grow areas with bleach/water. I think spraying a mix of alcohol/water or peroxide/water is good after bleaching. This makes things super clean.

If you have infected plants don't pass down clones to others and infect thier grow rooms. This can be disaster. All it takes it one little clone.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Finishing up a 3RD cycle of flowering since I started using Eagle. NO POWDERY MILDEW.

I did in fact try practically everything (you can even read my back posts).

I have a colleague/friend that has been just spraying control agents every 3 days or so (water, peroxide, milk, etc.).

Was at his pad checking out his grow and the PM is still there. At mine....thankfully nada.

AT THE VERY LEAST, I can safely say that Eagle is the GREATEST PM INHIBITOR I've ever seen. However, I'm fairly sure it's interrupted the lifecycle enough to have eliminated it.

I, like some of the other folk in this thread got PM from infected clones. Then to add insult to injury my environmentals went wonky when I went on vaca. a year and change ago.....I came back to a horrid infestation that was impossible to control until I read Krunch's words of wisdom.

I only made 2 applications of Eagle. I did have to make sure that everything was treated at first. I had to slow down and almost completely stop flowering so that there was nothing left to re-infect. Basically it was a small speedbump in my SOG.

I finished everything that was in flowering and used controllers like greencure.....but I didn't put new gals into 12/12 until I had hit them with Eagle.

Once I got past that hurdle, everything else was smooth sailing. I had gals in flower that had been treated prior, and of course I did a secondary spray prophylactically on the veggies, clones and moms. Subsequent to that, there was no need to spray again.

I've also made a better attempt at controlling humidity, airflow and light coverage retrospectively to avoid any of the issues from cropping up in the future.

FWIW: Krunch's advice was worth at least every single penny I spent and would have spent on the dreaded PM. Eagle is the closest thing to a silver bullet I've ever seen and I've been doing this for over 20 years.

Herborizer

Veteran
2 weeks ago I went direct from clones to flowering. I hit them with the eagle then. They were only about 3 inches tall. Hopefully that's enough to keep the evil pm away.

Krunch, do you spray anything in flower as a preventative? Even something for mites at least?

Thanks for passing on the wisdom.

M

ME TED

Applying liquid kelp(Maxicrop, Age old, etc) to the leaves and soil does just as good of job at killing and preventing PM as Eagle20 and it's organic. I've taken PM infected clones home several times over to prove my point. I've also squashed PM in some decent sized grows (5-25,000 watts)for other folks. Try it before Eagle20 it's cheaper and safer.

highonmt

Veteran
So for all those contemplating eagle 20 (like many I am getting sick of treating my pm daily) here are links to the MSDS,

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/mp6DG006.pdf

The product label:
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld6DG005.pdf
and here is the chemical structure:

PC120.gif

Like many triazole, pyrole and pyridine compounds this compound does show some male reproductive toxicity. So guys lets wear some good gloves and a mask if spraying this product. This product also contains cyclohexanol and napthalene both suspect carcinogens so use with care.

KB thanks for the great info on taking care of this costly and stressful (for both grower and grow E) pathogen,
I'm treating all new clones with eagle 20 and bayer fruit tree. I was blessed with no pathogens other than the ocassional spider mite before our MMJ law brought the Or and CA growers in droves to our fair state. Now I've had to fight off phyloxera and agressive powdery mildew from a few clones I picked up from out of state growers who moved here. Granted the pre 98 BK WW and PE cuts are amazing but what a pain in the ass to recover my sterile room...Well I'll just go smoke some more BK and everything will be well worth the trouble..
Cheers K+ and best of luck with your legal woes.
HM

Relentless

Veteran
Something like Soap from what i understand.

They also sell products that do the same thing..
Like Dutch Master penetrator

I think just a few Drops of Dish soap with help it spread out and stick to the plant.
Ya I have SM90, I think it does the same thing..
Should I use the recommended amount of sm90, along with the eagle20?

MeNotYou

I sprayed eagle about 10 days ago, had PM like crazy before that.. showing daily. The Shishkaberry had PM on some leaves that immediatly stopped growing and died..I have seen no signs of PM since I sprayed. Hoping this works till harvest :)

E

emerald city

As of tomorrow twill be but a memory....,bless you for shareing.
update; 24 hours later
The bottle said 24 hour re-entry time after spraying[and much praying that i wouldnt walk in to see wilted plants and chemical burn]......Very happy to say the girls looked marvulosa,didnt skip a beat.....We'll see in the long run on how it works but as of day 1 after spray im a very happy maine-iac peace/out
Update; as of 8/30 ive seen no signs of P.M at all...2 aplications in early july then nothing.....Its the bomb :dance013:.E.C

calstar

After reading the MSDS I'm curious to know what type of protective measures are taken by those of you who use Eagle. Do you use a canister type mask, any special protective clothing, etc.? Also what does anyone recommend for use against PM for an outdoor grow in flower? thanks

SergeantGod

in first post jerry seinfield says 2ml per gallon.

that's a half a teaspoon per gallon.

ALSO, heard from a friend that he resolved his PM issue by spraying a tree and some bushes near his intake that had PM. FYI

Meds215

eagle 20ew works for PM no signs of pm what so ever just harvested
but krunch
what chemical can i use for gray mold?
my flowers got so dense this time from bloombastic
i lost a couple colas to gray mold

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
but krunch

funny, i was just talking to some growers up in garberville about this. i was telling them i can eradicate any bug or disease that i have ever came across in a pot plant.

but, bud rot(mot likely what you have) i can not figure out how to eradicate. have used many, many different products trying to kill it. i cant! i just grow strains that are not so susceptible to it.

its kinda a good thing man! your buds were so thick and fat they couldn't perspire any water!

when i had very bad problems it, i would really cut down on watering the last two weeks, only giving them enough to not droop. really cut down on the amount...

T

terpene dreams

Hi Krunch, much respect on the grows you've posted. Have a PM question. Will high ph water kill powdery mildew? If yes how would I use it? Foliar spray? Water my plants with it? Would it harm the plants? Thanks

Fat J

Sulphur works for me, spray application 2x in veg. Spray till they're covered, then spray them again... good solid coat n i havent seen pm since, does easgle really work that much better than sulphur?

Edit- read the damn thread ^.^
Ok krunch, read the posts, seems much better than sulphur... if i see it come back ill give the eagle a shot 4 sho (in veg...), thanks man. Bay repruhzent!

SergeantGod

Terpene

I use THAT STUFF which is a high pH water plus a systemic PM fighter that's not on the label. Just be careful when spraying a flowered plant and getting water into the bud. CATCH IT EARLY!!!

E

emerald city

but krunch
botritous[bad spelling of gray mold] should be picked off,look carefully as it grows from the inside out,then clean around infected area with ho3[zeratol,horticultural hydrogen peroxide] or in a rush a blow torch will work.....That mold will eat your crop in no time if left unchecked.............E.c/out