What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

this is giving me the willies

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
But then again, if you "eat enuf shit" your body might be resistance to those crazy viruses. LOL, gives a new meaning to "eat shit"!

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
...or not, 25% live--right? Think "super immunity" and sell your blood for $1k a pint. Do that for a few years and you can probably retire handsomely on an island inhabited with naked natives; you know, the gorgeous kind--not the well rounded buffalo type.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
...or not, 25% live--right? Think "super immunity" and sell your blood for $1k a pint. Do that for a few years and you can probably retire handsomely on an island inhabited with naked natives; you know, the gorgeous kind--not the well rounded buffalo type.

yeah I guess the survivors must build up an immunity. 1k a pint? fuck that, you would get loads more on flea bay.

S

SPG.

^.Yea good point that.. :)

sell your blood! lollll ...... BUT YEA!

Ya own Blood cells?-like,copying the Anti virus..??--type of thing!?..

Last edited:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Maybe $1k pint for "life saving nectar" is cheap...but I speculate the government will just pass laws preventing one from "owning their own blood"--or profiting by it (like they did regarding human body parts).

grazerd

So I'm guessing you would be very comfortable sitting next to an infected person that was coughing and sneezing in your space?

If that person was actively sick with Ebola, no... I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. On the otherhand, if they were actually showing symptoms I'd probably feel pretty lucky if it was just coughing and sneezing.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I have Enterovirus D68... at this point if I were you I'd be more concerned about getting Entero (or Norovirus, blech that was horrible) than Ebola.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If that person was actively sick with Ebola, no... I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. On the otherhand, if they were actually showing symptoms I'd probably feel pretty lucky if it was just coughing and sneezing.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I have Enterovirus D68... at this point if I were you I'd be more concerned about getting Entero (or Norovirus, blech that was horrible) than Ebola.

"Anyway I'm pretty sure I have Enterovirus D68... at this point if I were you I'd be more concerned about getting Entero (or Norovirus, blech that was horrible) than Ebola."

Don't think I'd care to have either of those

S

SPG.

Yea,totally agree However if people are "stern and Sensible" the Virus wont get far.. IMO

N

noyd666

whats that beat up animal in that cage there mate, looks like my beat up tasy devil.

S

SPG.

Giraffe...!!!!!!.....lol

and Healthy!...

(
:smoke:

(..He's otherside the bars bro!)

Last edited:
S

SPG.

^He aint beat up m8 HE's on Acid!!!,foolin' about with "posture"! .:D

Last edited:
S

SPG.

..He'd,say to TAZ...

Nope, lollllllll

Dig that smileys actions!

Last edited:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran

I hate being right all the time..lol.

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/feds-stockpiling-ebola-survivors-plasma-treat-future-patients/

"Emory University Hospital will begin stockpiling blood plasma from Ebola survivors, treated with a pathogen inactivation system that’s never been used before in the United States, the company that developed the technology announced on Friday. So far, the US has had some amazing success in curing Ebola, possibly thanks to experimental plasma treatments. Drawn from survivors, the stuff comes enriched in antibodies that could help to fight off the disease—but it also has the potential to carry other diseases, like malaria, that are common in west Africa where Ebola is raging. The new system will kill off any extra contaminants that may be lurking in this potentially live-saving serum."

Who owns the survivors' blood? Patient, Hospital, or Government...hmmm.