What's new

This changes Everything

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Agreed. I don't want to stop eating meat! I just want people to raise their own animals and not rely on these disturbing practices that unfortunately if you think about it some body else has to bear with.

I think all humans are good innately, I feel bad and sorry for the people who are tied up into these industries and jobs because like others, like me, we are dependent on this fucking system working against us.

I was a vegan once

But you are setting up a false choice here. Factory farmed meat or home raised meat are not the only choices. There are plenty of small farmers who really care for their animals and who go far beyond any legal welfare standards. Most people live in cities and do not have the option of raising their own animals. Should all urban dwellers be veggie because of their location?
I do think children should be made aware of where meat comes from.
My de facto stepdad was a farmer, he a had a herd of cows and owned a share of a poultry flock(is it flock?). One of my clearest memories of my childhood, is going to the farm and helping to birth a Calf, then once that was finished, going and hanging Chickens up on the thing that electrocutes them then cuts their throat,,, the circle of life. In the run up to Xmas every year, our cellar would have dozens of Turkeys hanging up, and I would help plucking them and putting the Jiblets into a little plastic bag and stuffing the bag up the birds arse.
I don't eat (White) Veal as I disagree with the confining of the calves to small pens not even big enough to turn around in, but I will (and would encourage others) to eat Rose Veal, rather than see the male calves from a milk herd being killed at birth. I wouldn't eat Lobster that had been boiled alive, nor would I eat live crickets. I do not agree with things like milk fed (baby) lamb or suckling (again baby) pig because I think if you are going to take an animals life for food, then you should at least grow the animal to the biggest it will get, to get the most out of the animal that you will be killing.
I sure as fuck won't be giving up double bacon cheeseburgers though.:biggrin:

EDIT I have just realised my position on veal calves and suckling pig is inconsistent...I will have to ponder this one.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Peeps don't need to eat animal protein...so why eat it? Just because you want to?

well...there you go. Because you want to.

Is it healthy?

Probably not so much. Does it create an acidic pH in your body? You bet. Do most all modern diseases inflicted on western populations (cancer/heart disease/diabetes) thrive in acidic conditions? Yup...you bet.

That's beyond the ethics of factory farms...industry health care...industry advertising.........

Animal Farming........People Farming....it all comes around. We line up...just like the animals. Get sick...get healthcare....pay the industry....take the prescribed meds..eat the advertised foods..until the disease catches up to us..or we're out of money. No free rides. Meat is Murder....no argument. Farmed animal protein and refined sugar = anti healthcare...a long term infliction on the masses. The recipe for a body's destruction.

I'll never eat that shit again. Nothing condescending...or elitist...about it. More a personal choice...not to participate in what I know...is an unhealthy system. It's an ugly system...that is not based on the well being of any beast