What's new

Thinking of using local soil...maybe?

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
So...another harvest. Pretty much like clockwork and the ups and downs of the job it is to operate a larger garden. This round was great,the results from all types are all very nice. It's like Jaykush says.."it's like smoking dank air" and that's for real!!! People love this organic medicine. On the next recycle I will be adding the following...

7 lbs. N. bat guano
5 lbs fish bone meal
10 lbs Acadian kelp meal
25 gallons seashell drainage/aeration material
5 gallons fish compost
3 lbs oatmeal
5 gallons native topsoil
1 lb dried and powdered comfrey

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Velvet Rush X NL#5/N.Haze @ 68 days.....looks like a few more weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
The total cost of re-amending the soil with these items...$75.00

10 lbs. N. bat guano
5 lbs fish bone meal
10 lbs Acadian kelp meal
5 lbs crab shell meal
5 gallons fish compost
3 lbs oatmeal

Rusty420

dude how the fuck you gonna grow weed with that shit...you didnt even spend $500 on the nutes, wtf do you think $75 is gonna do man...jeez...fucking ameturs with dems tight ass nute less weed..weed shoulndt burn cleen, the black rocks are economical cos yooz can smoke the ash again...so noice return on a run get me...yooz need to go buy some nootz.:nono:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
What's really cool is the volume of soil that amount of goodies re-amends...estimated soil amount is around 1 cubic yard or more.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Those are some amazing looking plants CC. Looks like the BMR adds its own strong traits to those crosses. Very distinct. 1 cubic yard +? Great :)

S

schwagg

HB,

i popped four of the Bmr X Nigerian's and found three girls. one was okay, the second was decent, and the third was really, really nice. good smoke out of #3. great bag appeal even though it all stays in my jars! really up high but it makes my eyes lazy. had a fruity smell but as it's gettin' some age it seems to be gettin' something else. hopefully you find something special. good luck!!!

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
hey capt, how bout a smoke report on the nigerian x bmr?

i'm thinking of running some in the cab.
I lucked out and got a decent mom the first try...super nice plant...frosty potent buds...and lots of them. The Bubblegum phenotype is where the winners are. The Nigerian landrace puts a good twist into the boring monotony.

The smoke is extra flavorful with the Nigerian in the mix. My cutr
wastes me...loss of time and an up high to start then mellows out a bit later. Super potent..ugh...not for the light hitters. Tastes the same as it smells...and that's on the inhale and the out.

Everybody loves it...and I will be running a bunch of them soon so the world can taste the rainbow.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
more cherrybomb pics!!:lurk:

Well..ok. Here's the top cola off my 6 ft tall CB...these nugs are rock hard. This is the red stemmed monkey fist pheno MR G. describes....my only one so far out of like ten. WAAAAYYY potent...rips the skull open for hours. No couchlock,yet gets a little sleepy later in the buzz. Tasty tasty too.

picture.php

Rusty420

thats my #2 pheno, not order just label...#7 is the green, #9 is like the one you got there but thin buds with purple flowers..i didnt take many pics as i was rushing the harvest, made some fn1 and im getting on them soon as....:D

for sure that one there is #2 this end, nice work man!:yes:

mo mo mo..;)

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Fat ass NL #5 x Neville's Haze leaf....from a F2 seed off a selected breeding by some old fart in 1991 from the first release.

picture.php

mapinguari

Veteran
I just discovered a bonanza of soil info. At this link you can use their database through Google Maps, Google Earth, and some other options...

http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/902

It lets you navigate anywhere you want and learn about the soil type, which is imposed as hotlinked, bounded areas on the map.

I've only used it in California so far, but it says there's information for other states, too.

Latest posts

Latest posts