What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
yeah heres another shot of it so you can see what I mean. Its fully automated, travels up, pauses, travels down, pauses. You can adjust the pause time as well.

picture.php

I use a standard light mover motor, the screws in the 2x3" are the travel 'stops' so it travels a little over 2'

I

Inspired333

Big thanks

Big thanks

Thanks Marlo (and UP) and all contributor, for the great info. Finally finished reading the thread, now onto the "other" big vert thread :)

Ps: Zen Master; How did you make that DIY automated light mover!? Genius.
Is there a DIY thread for that, I love projects.

Thanks.

yeah heres another shot of it so you can see what I mean. Its fully automated, travels up, pauses, travels down, pauses. You can adjust the pause time as well.

View Image

I use a standard light mover motor, the screws in the 2x3" are the travel 'stops' so it travels a little over 2'

That's the same mover I've used Zen Master. The only thing I did different was to mount the pulleys further away from the rail and used two lights instead of one spaced about seven feet apart for two donuts.

bChiefing

gotta just post a big THANK YOU to all the contributors on this thread, def kept me focused on what I needed for my 1st vert! everything has been very helpful!

J

JimmyRow

A lot of really informative stuff here. Thanks to Marlo and everyone that as added their .02.

I'm running a 8 x 8 horizontal tent ATM. Reading through this thread has gotten me thinking(this could be dangerous). My tent has a support pole running in the center. I want to add more lights of mixed spectrum, but the support pole creates an obstacle when it comes to hanginn a hood. Question is can I hang a bare 1000w mh in the center of the room. I already have a doughnut going as I have to run a radiant heater at night. Im thinking of running a 6" booster fan on a speed controller underneath. I'm running 4kw air cooled (600+ cfm)and gonna be running exhaust at around 700 cfm. I have room for temps to rise a little +/-5°.

BTW...I'm just finishing stretch. Multi-strain strain grow
What you think? Thanks in advance-JR

Femora

I need some help with the vert-thinking...

I am curious about vert donut (scrog in a ring, eh?) growing the next round. Right now I have a 4'x4'x6'-box and a 600w hps.

How far from the bulb should the net be placed?
According to what ive seen 10-12 inches is "appropriate", but then again i dont wanna burn the ladies. And in all the threads it seems to be alot further away.

I cant find info about this distance... or maybe I just suck at searching.

Nice thread for sure! Gave me alot of inspiration :D

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jimmy Row

I've never run any 1k's so I can't give much advice there. But you could have a nice donut running in that space with a 1k.

According to what ive seen 10-12 inches is "appropriate", but then again i dont wanna burn the ladies. And in all the threads it seems to be alot further away.

10-12" is probably the happy zone for my 6oo's also.

J

JimmyRow

Marlo-i went ahead and hung it, found out my mh bulb would run vert or horizontal.
Looks like you got it crankin-great work

Modified an old bat wing hood with an angle grinder and a drill, and feel really comfortable with it.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good shit Jimmy!

That pic looks like you might be able to drop that bulb a few inches bro. Might be hard to tell from the picture

J

JimmyRow

Good shit Jimmy!

That pic looks like you might be able to drop that bulb a few inches bro. Might be hard to tell from the picture

I think you are right, and glad to hear you say that. Thx. This is my first time going bare, and didn't want to come out to a ring o fire in DA morn. Better safe than sorry. FYI...1KW mh bulbs are hot and bright (duh). Time to get some shades

G

greenmatter

hey Marlo!

how did you make those stretched air pots work? ...or..... what did you do on the bottom of the pot ? are they stable enough to be moved?

Latest posts

Latest posts