What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things that just ain't right!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
Benjamin Franklin

*I have already posted this in my great quotes thread in the tokers den.....so don't you lot accuse me of spamming Ben Franklin....lol

....and by Ben's reasoning you are about due America.

brown_thumb

^^^ It doesn't take 200 years. The weeds of corruption are present at first tilling because the growing medium is never completely sterile. The weeds take root almost immediately and very soon begin to take over.

Blind trust in Big Brother... just ain't right.

Easy7

Veteran
People feel hopelessly inadequate. Or because of that they overcompensate.

That task of Governing is overwhelming. By they determining almost every aspect of life, they create even more unpredictable problems.

There is no longer a need for natural harmonious sense. Common sense has become disharmonious and negative. Everyone has insight and ya can't make every view law.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Everyone has insight and ya can't make every view law.

hasn't stopped the morons from trying for the past 80 years or so. too many folks want to tell everyone else how to live, relax, and be happy.
"smoke pot? no damn way! why don't you let me get you a beer?":moon:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

A long time ago there was this folk song writer named Bob that wrote a song that inspired the youth of the time.....there was a movement.

As was true then is true now....the times they are a changin'.

That said...in a village lived a young man who received a gift horse from his father. All the townsfolk said what a wonderful thing for the young man. A Zen master living in the village said...we will see. A year later, the young man fell from his horse and broke an arm...all the village people said what a terrible thing to have happened to the young man. The Zen master said we will see. Shortly there after, a war broke out in the kingdom the village was in. All of the village's young men went off to fight in the war, except the young man with the broken arm. All the village people said what a wonderful thing he did not have to go and fight...the Zen master said...we will see.

minds_I

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Are you hoping for that Gypsy?

Hoping for it Tarzan?....well no, but I can sense the winds of change swirling around on this side of the Atlantic and over the pond too.

Revolutions are most often quite bloody, people die and many innocent people get hurt because of them, and I would much rather see my fellow man/woman not have to go thru such a process to achieve peace and harmony within their lives.

What we need is better communication and understanding that is not sullied by propaganda due to the underlying business interests of the elites......This is why you might have noticed I have been allowing important debates over what divides us here recently, in the hope that members might be better informed on a particular subject, and so possibly question their own beliefs, at the same time as letting them vent the passion that boils up within all of us when we encounter what we perceive as being unfair and unreasonable in the world/news of today....

If we can solve things thru debate then it is far preferable to trying to solve problems via an armed struggle.

brown_thumb

Hoping for it Tarzan?....well no, but I can sense the winds of change swirling around on this side of the Atlantic and over the pond too.

Revolutions are most often quite bloody, people die and many innocent people get hurt because of them, and I would much rather see my fellow man/woman not have to go thru such a process to achieve peace and harmony within their lives.

What we need is better communication and understanding that is not sullied by propaganda due to the underlying business interests of the elites......This is why you might have noticed I have been allowing important debates over what divides us here recently, in the hope that members might be better informed on a particular subject, and so possibly question their own beliefs, at the same time as letting them vent the passion that boils up within all of us when we encounter what we perceive as being unfair and unreasonable in the world/news of today....

If we can solve things thru debate then it is far preferable to trying to solve problems via an armed struggle.

picture.php

picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran

to solve by debate requires convincing one side that they are wrong, and them openly admitting as much. VERY rare. in my experience they just keep talking. a fist fight WILL have a winner...the haves in power will not relinquish power just because. it nearly always must be taken from them. "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"

brown_thumb

You can´t trust a fart over 50 or 60? :biggrin:

Don't piss off an old man. He has far less left to lose and is accustomed to being in constant pain, so a bit more doesn't matter to him. He's also sick of snot-nosed brats with their ignorance and lack of respect for their elders' limitless endless wisdom which we gladly share with said silly little brats.

;) :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Don't piss off an old man. He has far less left to lose and is accustomed to being in constant pain, so a bit more doesn't matter to him. He's also sick of snot-nosed brats with their ignorance and lack of respect for their elders' limitless endless wisdom which we gladly share with said silly little brats.

;) :D

"the Gray Panthers. we're old, we're tired. GET OFF OF OUR LAWN!":)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Only if you're gay :biggrin:

Right, Hermann that's it!.....I'm reporting you to the liberal democrats for being 'Ageist'....

Now prepare to be named and shamed in front of all you're snowball/metrosexual friends.

ROTFLMAO!

wasgedn

gipsy
check this video ...you kno more then me bout true history but i bet you will like it...
guy is also funny...some sentences stay in my mind period...

jamaicans their birth certificate is still a BOND...wtf...

The Truth About Jamaica and Jamaicans

[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_eVdplODI[/youtubeif]