What's new

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The authorities disagreed, apparently. He's charged with 2nd degree murder/homicide. If intent could be proven, they'd have gone for 1st degree.

Some people are (or can be) ridiculously childish about their desires/wants, and this guy apparently was psychologically fragile enough to kill a kid over wanting to not be intrerupted during his video game.

Frightening, sad, horrific, and more, but apparently true.

Now, if the kid had spilled the guy's beer, or somethin' like that, then.... (I know.. morbid humor).
1st Degree is premeditated as in you planned in advance to kill the person you killed. I wasn't trying to say he premeditated it just that him acting like he didn't know his actions might kill a toddler was bs. 2nd. Degree is when you didn't plan on killing anyone but you put yourself in that situation anyway and as a result killed someone. Like if you go into a bar that's known for fighting and you bring a knife to defend yourself and then you end up in a fight and use your knife to kill someone that could be ruled as 2nd degree murder (would kind of depend on if you made any effort to avoid the fight). So in this case I see 2nd degree murder being a fair charge to hit the guy with. He could have just smacked the child on the hands or across the face but to kill him he must have pretty forcibly wailed on the kid and I just don't buy a grown adult not knowing that can lead to death. Hell parents have been convicted for killing their small child be shaking it too hard in anger, causing the neck to snap and most people know that can happen. So I'm pretty confident this guy knew hauling off and belting the kid could be fatal. I mean I get that the kid pushed his buttons and he reacted but you still need to show self control. When I was a toddler my father had a way of yelling at me so ferociously when I irritated him, that I would run from him and not dare bother him again until I knew he was calmed down. I'm sure this guy could have done something like that, he just gave into a violent impulse too easily and didn't think until it was too late. Not 1st degree murder but definitely worthy of harsh punishment.

moose eater

1st Degree is premeditated as in you planned in advance to kill the person you killed. I wasn't trying to say he premeditated it just that him acting like he didn't know his actions might kill a toddler was bs. 2nd. Degree is when you didn't plan on killing anyone but you put yourself in that situation anyway and as a result killed someone. Like if you go into a bar that's known for fighting and you bring a knife to defend yourself and then you end up in a fight and use your knife to kill someone that could be ruled as 2nd degree murder (would kind of depend on if you made any effort to avoid the fight). So in this case I see 2nd degree murder being a fair charge to hit the guy with. He could have just smacked the child on the hands or across the face but to kill him he must have pretty forcibly wailed on the kid and I just don't buy a grown adult not knowing that can lead to death. Hell parents have been convicted for killing their small child be shaking it too hard in anger, causing the neck to snap and most people know that can happen. So I'm pretty confident this guy knew hauling off and belting the kid could be fatal. I mean I get that the kid pushed his buttons and he reacted but you still need to show self control. When I was a toddler my father had a way of yelling at me so ferociously when I irritated him, that I would run from him and not dare bother him again until I knew he was calmed down. I'm sure this guy could have done something like that, he just gave into a violent impulse too easily and didn't think until it was too late. Not 1st degree murder but definitely worthy of harsh punishment.
There's a surprising number of people who can flip a switch and enter into a rage, with little or no conscious forethought about likely outcomes of that poorly-regulated or undisciplined moment that has resulted in an "OH SHIT!! WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!", as I'd wager this 31-yr-old individual has been saying/asking since that faithful instance.

It's that moment in which people forfeit shit they had no clue (in some cases ) they were forfeiting.

But to be THAT into video games at age 31?! Shiiiiiiit... Silence a toddler permanently over a video game?? Truly outrageous.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The older Kennedy's are getting desperate, trying to make the Brand modern but using the same old, tired packaging, the handsome, daredevil, male Kennedy who will fight for the downtrodden and save us all.

............ Caroline Kenndey is particularly obnoxious pushing her handsome, Kenndeyesqe grandson, conveniently named 'Jack'. :tiphat:
Don’t ride in a small plane with one at the controls

HempKat

Veteran
There's a surprising number of people who can flip a switch and enter into a rage, with little or no conscious forethought about likely outcomes of that poorly-regulated or undisciplined moment that has resulted in an "OH SHIT!! WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!", as I'd wager this 31-yr-old individual has been saying/asking since that faithful instance.

It's that moment in which people forfeit shit they had no clue (in some cases ) they were forfeiting.

But to be THAT into video games at age 31?! Shiiiiiiit... Silence a toddler permanently over a video game?? Truly outrageous.
Well all I can say is it's difficult for me to personal believe someone can enter into that blind of a rage over being annoyed by a toddler why playing a video game. I'm not saying I can't enter into a near blind rage myself but so far in my 62 years I could sense it coming enough in advance to either leave the situation myself or warn the other person to back off. I have had my patience tested by a toddler as well who just would not stop crying because his mother was not there (she snuck off on a late night booty call). I was not emotionally invested as the mother and her child were just roommates. I tried everything I could think of to pacify her kid, offered snacks, held him, made sure he didn't need to have a diaper change, etc. Finally when I felt the anger building up after almost an hour of him crying loudly non stop, I took his hand smacked it reasonably hard for a small child and sternly told him to calm down and that his mother would be back soon. It worked and I then treated him more gently afterward to let him know that everything would be okay. I don't consider myself to be exceptional in that instance. Exceptional in my opinion would have been to found a way to get thru to the child without having to smack his had and talk sternly to him. Still I felt my reaction was measured with some degree of reason and therefore expect the same from other adults when confronted by an annoying child.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a friend had a son (8 at the time) that ignored any/all attempts to keep him in line. he knocked over a huge flower pot on my porch once & had potting soil all over the place. while his dad tried to "reason" with him, i swept up the dirt. when i was done, he came walking back about to do it again. i hit that little bastard with the broom so hard that it broke the handle as well as propelled him off of the porch and out into the yard. not unexpectedly (to me) he behaved perfectly the rest of the evening...old school shit works.

HempKat

Veteran
a friend had a son (8 at the time) that ignored any/all attempts to keep him in line. he knocked over a huge flower pot on my porch once & had potting soil all over the place. while his dad tried to "reason" with him, i swept up the dirt. when i was done, he came walking back about to do it again. i hit that little bastard with the broom so hard that it broke the handle as well as propelled him off of the porch and out into the yard. not unexpectedly (to me) he behaved perfectly the rest of the evening...old school shit works.
Yeah while I'm not one to recommend constant corporal punishment there are times where it's appropriate, such as teaching a child there are certain behaviors that are just not acceptable by society. Where people tend to fail with it though is when they don't follow up later with the child to make sure he/she understands why their behavior was intolerable. When I was little and was very bad (which fortunately wasn't too often) my father would spank me with his belt. I really only remember getting the belt once and looking back on it I completely deserved it. I was around 4 or 5 playing with neighborhood kids around the same age, I don't recall what was done to make me mad enough to do what I did but what I did was pick up a rock and threw it at a girl about my age and it hit her in the head and drew a little blood. My father lit me up for that one and then later explained that you don't throw rocks at people just because they make you mad and he further impressed on me that boys don't throw things or hit girls for any reason. Suffice it to say I only got the belt once because the message later got thru loud and clear.

The problem now a days as I see it, people that were punished as kids hated it and because of it their parents so much that they vow to themselves to never do anything like that to their kids. So they try to be their friend and be all kind and gentle with them and usually it doesn't sink in because the kid never learns that there are very negative consequences for their actions. Now that's not to say that every offense a child might make deserves that treatment but when it comes to something that could gravely harm the child or others then there is strong reason to give the child a lesson he or she only needs once. Of course I do have to admit that since I never had children of my own I don't have any real experience from the parenting end.

St. Phatty

Look at the Good News -

there's no Wildfire in Buffalo New York.

Fh7nEgLWYAEEkMn

St. Phatty

This is the 'Things Falling Apart, Bad Signs' thread and I see yellow snow! :shucks: :biggrin: :tiphat:

Maybe the beer adds something to the Nutrient value of the yellow snow.

But if you want the Nitrogen magic to get to the plants, you have to pee on the bottom of the stalk. Which may be covered with snow, if you live in Buffalo.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to "live at the lucerne after my 2nd divorce. It was a crap house but terrific location if you like the upper west side which I did at the time. I could take my daughter for a walk there around columbus and not worry about being in a situation. That was a long time ago, approx 1982
Ultimately got myself a really neat split level loft on Renwick street which is only 1 block long, between canal and spring street and between greenwich and....I forgot. Cool loft owned by Mr Ponte who was pretty much buying up the west side of the city.

St. Phatty

Don't feel Bad !

In 1989, Star Trek 5, "The Final Frontier", had a triple breasted actress. Part feline, part human.

Then in 1990, Total Recall had ANOTHER triple breasted actress. Mostly Human.

Clear Sign that there is a God ?

Like having 2 "Death by Asteroid" movies in 1998 - Armageddon & Deep Impact.

Or maybe they just talk to each other.

Attachments

• total-recall-star-trek3.jpg
    total-recall-star-trek3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 23
  • tot-recall.jpg
    tot-recall.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 23

moose eater

Safeway in Fairbanks (the grocery store, as opposed to the narrower path in life) is open full regular hours tomorrow, on Thanksgiving. From 5:00 A.M. until 1:00 A.M.

Thanks for valuing the family the way you claim you do, corporate twatts!!

Reactions: Gry

moose eater

dogs are easier to train, more loyal, and never call you at 3 am asking you to bail them out of jail. just saying...
And even if they did end up in the slammer, it's about $125 to get a pup sprung locally, versus the outrageous amount the bail bondsman might charge for Junior.

And the dog will probably never take your car on a trip you didn't authorize.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Safeway in Fairbanks (the grocery store, as opposed to the narrower path in life) is open full regular hours tomorrow, on Thanksgiving. From 5:00 A.M. until 1:00 A.M.

Thanks for valuing the family the way you claim you do, corporate twatts!!
grocery stores here open a half-day, i think. last year, i made three runs for shit we forgot... :tiphat: place was full of desperate men...

Latest posts

Latest posts