What's new

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Another possibility is to introduce young females into the tribe .
this is done often to assist island populations in peril. a recent one here in the states was the translocation of several Texas mountain lion females into the critically endangered Florida panthers habitat. they had been isolated for so long that genetic defects from inbreeding were ubiquitous.
those ladies got along well with the local boys and soon had healthy kittens with normal tails. are they pure-bred Florida panthers? nope, but they are filling the role admirably.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Now we're getting down to it, everything's starting to come to gether, the collusion, spoken and unspoken.
......... but will it go anywhere? Who knows, but a lot of stuff will be linked together in the meantime, Hunter's laptop for starters, the 'stolen' election, etc.. :bigeye:

Judge grants depositions of Fauci, Jen Psaki and other high ranking Biden officials in case over 'collusive relationship' between administration and social media companies to 'censor free speech'​

• US District Judge Terry Doughty granted the request led by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry
  • The suit alleges the Biden administration actively worked with social media companies and encouraged them to censor 'disfavored' viewpoints and were in violation of the First Amendment rights of those individuals
  • Anthony Fauci, Jen Psaki, the former White House Press Secretary, FBI Supervisory Special Agent Elvis Chan, among others will be deposed
  • Before Friday's order, the judge gave the White House 21 days to comply
  • He threw away the Justice Department's attempt to use executive privilege
  • Doughty ruled that executive privilege does not apply to external communications by White House officials

St. Phatty

Now we're getting down to it, everything's starting to come to gether, the collusion, spoken and unspoken.
......... but will it go anywhere? Who knows, but a lot of stuff will be linked together in the meantime, Hunter's laptop for starters, the 'stolen' election, etc.. :bigeye:

Judge grants depositions of Fauci, Jen Psaki and other high ranking Biden officials in case over 'collusive relationship' between administration and social media companies to 'censor free speech'​

Why is that even news ?

Many of us stated point blank that the US gov was working with social media companies to restrict free speech, e.g. on Covid19, but the normal ignorant response is to attempt to denigrate such speech as "conspiracy theory".

As the independent (as opposed to PC) science community stated about 3 months into Covid19, there are nutrients which prevent and treat Covid19.

Another way of saying, if you have a healthy diet, you are better equipped to deal with Covid19.

But the NIH, FDA, & FTC all denied that there was anything you could do with diet, to prevent and treat Covid19, until sometime in 2022.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Here's a bad one, a child dies from THC gummies :whistling:

Virginia mother charged with MURDER after her four-year-old died from eating cannabis gummies that caused a 'cardiac episode'​

• Four-year-old Tanner Clements was found unresponsive at his Spotsylvania, Virginia, home on May 6 and was taken to a hospital where he died two days later
  • His mother, Dorothy Annette Clements, told police that only one gummy containing CBD was left when her son accessed the jar
  • Police seized the empty jar and learned that the gummies contained THC - extremely high levels of which caused the child's death
  • She told local news she thought she had bought CBD gummies and had no idea that what she bought actually contained THC
  • On October 17, a Spotsylvania County Grand Jury indicted her and she was arrested on October 20

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Here's a bad one, a child dies from THC gummies :whistling:

Virginia mother charged with MURDER after her four-year-old died from eating cannabis gummies that caused a 'cardiac episode'​

• Four-year-old Tanner Clements was found unresponsive at his Spotsylvania, Virginia, home on May 6 and was taken to a hospital where he died two days later
  • His mother, Dorothy Annette Clements, told police that only one gummy containing CBD was left when her son accessed the jar
  • Police seized the empty jar and learned that the gummies contained THC - extremely high levels of which caused the child's death
  • She told local news she thought she had bought CBD gummies and had no idea that what she bought actually contained THC
  • On October 17, a Spotsylvania County Grand Jury indicted her and she was arrested on October 20
I hate when stories like this pop up because the reaction of pretty much everyone who is unfamiliar with cannabis is that obviously it was the cannabis was responsible and that's really not proven by the known facts of the case. I'll agree that it does look bad but there are a number of unknown variables that could put a completely different perspective on the case. First of all how thoroughly did the look into the health of the 4 year old? We tend to assume that people that young are in good health because they haven't lived long enough to develop chronic problems such as clogged arteries. It's equally possible that the child could have had a genetic predisposition to heart disease such that if he had gotten ahold of a cup of expresso such that the concentration of caffeine in such a small body could have also trigger a problem with his heart if he had a pre-existing genetic problem. Would people be so quick to think caffeine was the culprit in that scenario or would they be skeptical enough to look for other factors given how widely accepted caffeine is in society?

Another potential explanation is that there was a bad batch of gummies circulating in that part of the country not that long ago, it might be possible that the gummies in question came from that bad batch. I don't remember what they determined to be the culprit in that bad batch but from what I recall a number of people (adults) died or came close to dying from rating some of those gummies. It sounds like the testing that was done focused just on what elements from cannabis might have been in those gummies and what the levels of those elements were. Nothing suggests that the tests ran were comprehensive enough to rule out any other elements that might have had nothing to do with cannabis.

Yet another potential angle could be that since they knew going into any testing that the child ate the gummy id they neglect to consider the child might have gotten into other stuff he shouldn't have? Kids that get into stuff they shouldn't don't usually just take one of whatever they get into and then stop unless there is a near instant negative reaction like, "that tasted really really bad, I better not eating anything else I don't know id okay to eat". If the mother treated the gummies like medicine she might have had other medicines near by that might have contributed to the child's death if it got into those as well.

Another aspect of this story that bothers me is that the mother was charged and arrested and I bet the charge was much harsher then simple neglect for leaving the child unsupervised long enough to eat a gummy. I mean she's likely already traumatized by the loss of her child, did she really deserve to be further punished. It only takes a very brief moment for a child to eat something it thinks is candy. Maybe the mother had to go to the bathroom, or someone was at the door or maybe she had to go into the kitchen to stir something she had cooking on the stove. If it was something like that which allowed the child to get into the gummy stash I think it's wrong to punish her beyond the inherent punishment of losing a child. Now if she thought it would be interesting to see how the gummy effected the child and gave it to the child and encouraged the child to eat in then by all means she deserves to be punished additionally.

What bothers me the most is that when something like this happens suddenly the very long history that nobody has ever died from an overdose of cannabis goes out the window and anyone who is unaware of that fact will instantly be certain the cannabis in the gummy killed the child. I for one am not convinced. Sure on a 4 year old child just one gummy could have a very negative effect maybe making the child feel like they were dying but it just doesn't seem to be a reasonable conclusion. I've know adults who consumed as much of a quarter pound of cannabis concentrated into an edible and not died. They felt horrible and thought they might be dying but in the end they were just fine once the effects wore off.

This story feels like the kind of story that people opposed to marijuana pounce on and distort by leaving out important details just so they can say, "See?, there you have it, proof that cannabis is bad and should not be legalized."

HempKat

Veteran
Speaking of legalization and signs of where things are headed, I just found out something that I see as a sign that things are getting better. I just learned that my state has a ballot initiative this year to legalize cannabis for recreational use. I'm not completely surprise as pretty much all the states surrounding my state have legalized adult recreational use but I wasn't expecting this good news just yet. Of course it's not final until after the election and if it goes the way I hope (in favor of it, it will probably still take some time before it's enacted but I'm looking forward to things getting better on the legalization front in my state.

HempKat

Veteran
...... hope it trickles down to my non-legal state and hope the coroners report on THC cause of death turns out to be inacurate also!:good:
Well depending on what comes of Biden ordering the DOJ and Department of Health to begin a review of how cannabis is scheduled we could potentially see it become legal across the nation or at least decriminalized. If that happens your state would have to have an objection to bringing in lots of revenue to keep it illegal.

St. Phatty

I hate when stories like this pop up because the reaction of pretty much everyone who is unfamiliar with cannabis is that obviously it was the cannabis was responsible and that's really not proven by the known facts of the case.

Was her name Lola ?

A friend of mine killed his English spaniel by letting it get to a brownie stash that was enough for 15 or 20 people.

It ate the whole thing and was in a coma for a week.

Then seemed to recover a bit, then died.

HempKat

Veteran
Was her name Lola ?

A friend of mine killed his English spaniel by letting it get to a brownie stash that was enough for 15 or 20 people.

It ate the whole thing and was in a coma for a week.

Then seemed to recover a bit, then died.
I don't know the names of anyone involved. I just reacted to the Information Cosmic Giggle posted about the story. As for your friend and his English Spaniel, that's kind of an interesting example as it illustrates a way that a story like that might easily mislead someone to conclude that Cannabis was at fault for the death. I'm not saying Cannabis couldn't have been to blame for the dogs death but there are other things that could have been at fault as well. It's not unrealistic that upon hearing the dog ate enough canna brownies to get 15-20 adults high then that must have been what caused the dogs death. Virtually everything can be harmful if done in massive quantities. Even water can be fatal if consumed in unusually large amounts in a brief period of time. Typically though deaths caused by taking in too large an amount of something would have a more immediate effect, hearing that the dog held in there for more then a week and seemed to be recovering at the end would lead me to think it wasn't the cannabis.

However if it wasn't the cannabis it still might have been the brownies. It's a fairly well known fact that chocolate is toxic to dogs and they should never be fed it. Now a small amount might not even cause the dog to show any signs of illness but a large amount would almost cause poisoning to a dog's system. If a dog gets sick from chocolate it usually shows signs within 6-12 hours. The majority of dogs that get poisoned by chocolate will recover after the proper treatment. Even without treatment about 75% will eventually recover. The other 25% can die however without treatment and they say even one percent can still die even with treatment. When it is fatal it typically takes several days before the dog will die. So given the information in the story of your friend and his dog combined with the information above. I would say there is probably a very good chance what actually killed the dog was the chocolate in the brownie rather then the cannabis. Most people hearing that story though would likely think it was the cannabis to blame.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
add grapes to the list.
i have read this before myself. but i used to have a Labrador that ate them dang near every day through the summer. he could reach some of moms vines & helped himself when the urge struck. and speaking of the chocolate problem that i brought up, i've seen a dog eat an entire bag of Hersheys Kisses, aluminum foil and all, with no apparent ill effects. well, besides shitting little clumps of aluminum foil for a few days... a vet told me it was really the dark unsweetened baking chocolate that was the most dangerous for them.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I too have witnessed the outcome of Hershey's wrappers processed by a dog's guts. My father in law kept a large bowl of candy on a coffee table. We had gathered at his house for a family visit. I had my golden retriever rescue dog and I was also taking care of my brother's golden.

We returned to the home after going out for dinner and everything was in place except the large bowl of Hershey chocolate candy that was filled to the brim. It was completely empty. :yoinks: After hours emergency visit and both dogs went through induced vomiting. My dog was not the culprit. LOL Ollie had delicately eaten every chocolate in the bowl and had not moved the bowl a millimeter. Over the next few days there were shiny colorful bits of wrapper deposits.

@armedoldhippy , tartaric acid is the culprit in grapes, raisins, and PlayDoh (another something not for dogs}. Some grapes have a higher tartaric acid content than others.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

However if it wasn't the cannabis it still might have been the brownies.

Good Point !

maybe this is a sign that Cannabis people have a Conscience - they don't torture their animals with Cannabis.

I wouldn't take offense if it turned out that Cannabis consumption did kill someone. It seems rather inevitable.

My guess is, Cannabis has caused a few car accident fatalities.