What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sad, but that's how Republicans figure on getting more future voters, while Dems bank on more future voters by letting in aliens from South of the Border. :shucks::tiphat:
damn few people (except on the religious right) believe abortion should be completely illegal. even among them, you will find many who support a womans right to decide in case of rape/incest/protect the health of the mother. where are these "future voters" going to come from, again? 80 to 90% of folks think they are wrong NOW. how many will think this is a good idea after women start dying from self-induced/back alley abortions? or are they gonna say "that's what you deserve when you violate MY religious beliefs..." this entire clusterfuck is about some dingbat religious fucking nutcases (and Thomas, who does not believe anyone has a right to privacy) that want to force everyone to live like THEIR religion tells THEM to... we got folks in the mountains around here that fondle rattlesnakes, speak in tongues, drink arsenic, and roll around on the damn floor in utter religious ecstasy. how will these assholes today react if THEY get into power? 🖕

Hempy McNoodle

I think it will be solidified under the constitution as I mentioned earlier (in due time). Our country will finally be able to move forward. Not held in a tug-of-war between the rattlesnake molesters and the feminists.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Sounds like soon Mexico and Canada will have to beef up their own border security to catch all the Americans fleeing their country for a better quality of life and basic human rights. ;)
Interesting Brother Nature, I've been reading recently that many Californians are fleeing to Mexico for economic/real estate reasons.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sounds like soon Mexico and Canada will have to beef up their own border security to catch all the Americans fleeing their country for a better quality of life and basic human rights. ;)
you have to have a job waiting, basically, to move to Canada. much like most Scandinavian nations. or be independently wealthy. that works too... at the moment, Norte Americanos (and their money) are still welcome in Mexico. they might shoot & kill you, or kidnap you for ransom, but you will be welcomed with open arms...:biggrin:

Brother Nature

Yeah, since about 2016 (strangely) I'm constantly seeing articles about Americans looking to move to NZ due to economic/political/lifestyle reasons. It's very hard to do though, unless you have a shit ton of money or a very good job waiting for you, luckily I've been a citizen since birth due to my parents. As much as a have more of a fondness for my home country since leaving, I can't think of any reason why I'd return for good and those reasons lessen each time I read the news. I live by the beach, can afford a semi-decent bachelor lifestyle, weeds still illegal so I can still get $4k a lb, and i can inseminate as many women as I want without fear of having to take care of the off-spring (that's just a joke by the way...). There are of course downsides, but in all honesty not as many as if I were to move home. It seems like it's become a very divisive and very us vs. them sort of society and it's sad to watch, even from the luxury of my little island nation. I'd love to think it's the media playing up the divide, but from the friends I still have over there I've been told it's very real.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its not like anyone can jsut move to another country on a whim. There are laws/Rules depending on the country. In most cases, you must have a job waiting. If retired you better check your Residency Requirements.

What happened to the separation between church and state lol.

Hempy McNoodle

Yeah, since about 2016 (strangely) I'm constantly seeing articles about Americans looking to move to NZ due to economic/political/lifestyle reasons. It's very hard to do though, unless you have a shit ton of money or a very good job waiting for you, luckily I've been a citizen since birth due to my parents. As much as a have more of a fondness for my home country since leaving, I can't think of any reason why I'd return for good and those reasons lessen each time I read the news. I live by the beach, can afford a semi-decent bachelor lifestyle, weeds still illegal so I can still get $4k a lb, and i can inseminate as many women as I want without fear of having to take care of the off-spring (that's just a joke by the way...). There are of course downsides, but in all honesty not as many as if I were to move home. It seems like it's become a very divisive and very us vs. them sort of society and it's sad to watch, even from the luxury of my little island nation. I'd love to think it's the media playing up the divide, but from the friends I still have over there I've been told it's very real.
I think NZ's pandemic response put an end to Americans eyeing New Zealand.

St. Phatty

Yeah, since about 2016 (strangely) I'm constantly seeing articles about Americans looking to move to NZ due to economic/political/lifestyle reasons

One of my neighbors had lived there for about 10 years, then came back to the US in 2015 to deal with family stuff. He had a farm and a cabinet shop and a girlfriend in New Zealand.

Then didn't renew his visa, I think because of some arrests earlier in his life.

The change in his attitude was Huge. He used to be a magic neighbor. I think part of that was simply testosterone.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
What happened to the separation between church and state lol.
just another mistake those powder-wigged old white men made that the NEW Improved Supreme Court (brought to you today by Chumply Inc.) is going to mold into His image...i can see buggy whips coming back into style, along with stocks to put uppity women in when they act up, want to vote, decide when they want children, etc etc. might be prudent to build some slave quarters now before demand surges & prices on hovels go up... maybe pick up some of the FEMA concentration camp trailers for a song if you look around. :good:

dragongrower

you have to have a job waiting, basically, to move to Canada. much like most Scandinavian nations. or be independently wealthy. that works too... at the moment, Norte Americanos (and their money) are still welcome in Mexico. they might shoot & kill you, or kidnap you for ransom, but you will be welcomed with open arms...:biggrin:

actually almost anyone from the EU can move to another country in the EU for work. And does not need to have a job before moving.. :)
And does not have to be wealthy either.. :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
actually almost anyone from the EU can move to another country in the EU for work. And does not need to have a job before moving.. :)
And does not have to be wealthy either.. :)
discussing Canada, not EU. but i have read several times that some Nordic nations are harder to emigrate into than others. being wealthy helps one to go anywhere, nobody wants welfare cases.

St. Phatty

I would say that in general, men do not have the right to DICTATE to women about how to deal with their pregnancies (other than offering to marry them & help support the baby).

Why don't the anti-women's health so-called "pro life" groups put together a big $Billion fund to support pregnant mothers ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I would say that in general, men do not have the right to DICTATE to women about how to deal with their pregnancies (other than offering to marry them & help support the baby).

Why don't the anti-women's health so-called "pro life" groups put together a big $Billion fund to support pregnant mothers ?
i want to know why they are called "pro-life" when in reality they are nothing more than "anti-choice" ?

buzzmobile

Veteran
When the Washington Examiner headline says:

Trump proven unfit for power again​

by Washington Examiner

| June 29, 2022 12:01 AM

Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again.

Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (LA), before becoming a top aide for former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

In short, Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that. She did not overstate things, did not seem to be seeking attention, and was very precise about how and why she knew what she related and about which testimony was firsthand and which was secondhand but able to be corroborated.

What Hutchinson relayed was disturbing. She gave believable accounts of White House awareness that the planned Jan. 6 rally could turn violent. She repeated testimony that Trump not only knew that then-Vice President Mike Pence’s life had been credibly threatened that day but also that he was somewhere between uncaring and actually approving of Pence’s danger.

She also told, in detail, that Trump repeatedly insisted that he himself should join his supporters at the Capitol — even after being informed the crowd contained armed elements and that it was breaching the perimeter against an undermanned U.S. Capitol Police force.

Also distressing to hear were Hutchinson’s accounts of Trump’s repeated fits of rage, including dining table contents overturned and ketchup dishes thrown violently across the room. The worst by far, though, was that people immediately returning from being with Trump in the presidential vehicle told of the president trying to grab the wheel of the car to force it to be driven to the Capitol and then violently reaching for the neck of Secret Service agent Bobby Engel, who headed the president’s protective detail.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It says a lot about who Republicans are. I would speak out if I saw that kind of corruption going on in any political party. The Republicans are far more corrupt than any other political party in the USA. This is one of those I told ya moments.

Latest posts

Latest posts