What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

They ain’t jealous til they smell us

LouDog420

Bummer on the balls on the cjsb, hopefully it doesn't mess with things too bad. The casey can do that, even more so with the cjsb and what was mostly an open pollination. cjsb always was a pheno hunting game with some problem children alongside some stellar specimens...

Looking good and frosty in there though.

Sidenote, I ran some of the swt4 years ago. Never found anything worth keeping. Maybe just bad luck or maybe the gear itself...

Have you tried rockwool for starting seeds? Can't go much more inert than that. Rockwool and some root beneficials might be worth a try.

antheis

Veteran
Bummer on the balls on the cjsb, hopefully it doesn't mess with things too bad. The casey can do that, even more so with the cjsb and what was mostly an open pollination. cjsb always was a pheno hunting game with some problem children alongside some stellar specimens...

So far she looks good enough to keep even with balls, but we will see what the next few weeks bring.

Sidenote, I ran some of the swt4 years ago. Never found anything worth keeping. Maybe just bad luck or maybe the gear itself...
When I ran swt4 everybody was singing its high praises. It convinced me to try it and I wasn't impressed either. No sweet or grapefruit smells/taste. I don't remember why I made seeds. I probably wanted swt4 to be as good as everyone was saying it was.

antheis

Veteran
Dude, sip growing is great. I'm going to covert the other box after this next run is done. Just don't put the fill tube in the back. Putting in six gallons is quite the task with the jungle I have growing in front of it.

antheis

Veteran
Bed box

Bed box

Two things for this update:

I forgot to take a group picture.

There is something chewing on the leaves in this box. So far it's just a nuisance I'm going to wait and see before I take action.

First up are gdubb f2 and a11/f13xa11.
They are finally large enough to take cuts.

The gDubbf2 gave loads of cuts while the apollobx didn't. I hope topping the Apollo will encourage branching to take more cuts.

Here's a monster sized male from the bdg mix I sprouted.

He caught up in size to the round of seeds two weeks older. (c4dd and cd S1)

More to follow.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
Bed box pt 2

Bed box pt 2

The c4dd looks like it is going to be male. He is also showing some variegation. I topped him just a few days ago to get some branches to clone.

While I really wanted a girl a male is ok because I had planned on crossing CD S1 with c4dd now I don't have to make a reversal spray.

The CD S1 and bdg are moving along nicely and enjoying their new legroom. If you're curious I have pics in an album you can check out, but the 5 picture limit per post is a real bummer.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
Cjsb ppd mini update

Cjsb ppd mini update

I did want to show recent shots of the cjsb male bits.

I know of a couple more I just couldn't get good pictures. One of the unpictured sites looks like it may have actually self pollinated.

The lower ppd budsites are putting out a lot of trichs. I think next run I might leave everything and hash all the lowers.

And here is the bud I tested cjsb pollen on. These seeds just might be worth cracking as soon as they are dry. (ppd x cjsb ix1(r))

Last edited:

LouDog420

Looks pretty standard for intersex issues in the line. No full sacks which is good, male bits at preflower locations is her MO. Looks frosty at least!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Dude, sip growing is great. I'm going to covert the other box after this next run is done. Just don't put the fill tube in the back. Putting in six gallons is quite the task with the jungle I have growing in front of it.

Yep been there done that. I have 15 gallon sips on casters so I can always get to the pipe no matter what growth happens. It doesn't surprise me you want to convert your other bed, sips are the way to go if you ask me.

Btw I really love your thread title, sniff ya later :biggrin:

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
Day 43

Day 43

The sip cab is moving along and is drinking 6 gallons a week which is about half of the rez.

The cjsb smells amazing. As my smell returns I love to bury my nose in her flowers. It's pure lemon candy and floor cleaner. She looks like she would need at least a month to finish. Her nugs are huge too. Turns out a little too big - four days ago I found mold. Every day since then I have found mold on flowers. Mostly on the the middle and largest one which I think is due to it sitting under the exhaust and catching all the spores.

Up top im finding male flowers coming out. Full on 5/6 week intersex. I'm going to wait to see if the nanners open up and spew pollen for observational purposes.

The ppd is looking great. No signs of mold at all except where she was pruned. I haven't scoped her, but she looks to be done in fifteen days time. Purple is showing up more than last run. The flowers are very dense and the trichs are packed on the flowers and the leaves have a healthy dose this time as well. I'm really impressed with her. Smoke is good too. It's more mind than body, which surprised me. Heavy doses have sent me into fog of paranoid confusion that lasted for a few hours. While this doesn't sound fun (it isn't) it did help me work through things.

I have found light doses - typically one bowl from my vape - help with, well, everything. This is truly some 'makes everything better' weed. It's just dosing. 0.1g is all I need for about 3hours of effect.

The bed box is approaching flip. Yesterday I took 25 cuts from 7 plants - 1 c4dd, 4 chocolate Diesel, 1 gDubbf2, 1 a11/f13xa11 (2 tops). This let me thin out the undergrowth and have a good look-see at everybody.

The c4dd responded very well to being topped. Topping encouraged branching, but also seemed to supercharge its growth.

3 of the 4 CD are very similar in size, structure, and growth. Moderately tall for their age, copious branches, huge fan leaves. The fourth's only difference is that she's shorter and grows slower.

The gDubbf2 was topped three weeks ago and she loved it. The four remaining branches became tops and shot out a lot of biomass. Yesterday I got at least 12 viable cuttings from her.

Highlighters Apollo is very squat and thick putting out 5nodes/inch. I think I'm running 3500k lights which might be why she's growing like this. The branches growing up since topped are starting the angular growth pattern.

My seedlings have all survived except one btb from grower error. I currently have 18 af24(a11/f13xa11 f2) and 4 btb all sprouted on 10 Nov. These are slated to go into the sip when it is finished.

LouDog420

Lemon casey was my second favorite pheno, right behind the gas funk of my colored cut. Certainly sounds and looks to lean heavy towards casey.

Sorry to hear about more intersex. Up top, generally single nanners, and in the past, have been due to heat. That's a well known casey issue. Could be all genetic, could be combo genetic and environment (top intersex makes me think a combo). Either way, cjsb a pheno hunter's game, and given all the issues you've mentioned, I'd toss that pheno for sure, especially given all the new genes you're running. Hope it still gives you some nice smoke though

Good vibes and great to hear the seedling survival rate is back up

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Remember I did a casey chem cross ( chemmy jones csg) definitely some great plants coming outta that cross.

antheis

Veteran
please pardon the interuption of posting, i had to take a step away from the internet.

while i was away the garden did suffer, but it won't take too much work to get it back up and running like a top. i was able to save 4 beyond the brain seedlings, my apollo, ppd, and chocolate diesel cuts, and - most importantly - pollen! the c4dd was a goddamned monster of a chem plant. he had most physical markers i knew to check for.
smelled like simple green and new vinyl shower curtain, branched like hell after being topped, dense fucking flower clusters, fan leaves were double serrated and a few had the variegation.

i also got me a desktop slapped together with all the sales going on and will post pics again since it'll be several orders of magnitude easier.

first order of business will be setting up one box to start veging and converting the other to a SIP.

the veg sip will include all current cuts so they can get dusted by the c4dd. except for ppd. i'm going to run 2 or 3 scrogged in the other box because she was on the brink of death before putting out green growth and is still recovering.

last grow i did have an issue with mold. i believe the mold originated from the soil so i will mulch in 3" of whole oats. i'd like to use rice hulls, but they are $45/bushel shipped and i can get a 50lb bag of whole oats for $20.

i'll also need to figure out air movement. my lights and fan are on the same timer and i'm thinking the night time air stagnation made the perfect conditions for mold to set in. the lowers were really bushy and put out a lot biomass and will be given more attention in future grows.

i'll get more updates for all you interested parties by tuesday.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Order some Gnatrol to eliminate Fungus Gnats. 1 tsp per gallon as a preventative, double if it's an infestation. You can get it repackaged online in very small quantities, no need to buy the huge expensive tub. Also it works on Rockwool and Coco.

Good Luck, things look Great!!

antheis

Veteran
well here we are about two weeks transplanted into my sip.
four Beyond the Brain seed plants who all look to be female and 3 chocolate diesels and one apollo.
i'm trying something new for cloning and using the air layering technique.

no real smells coming from the BTB plants, but the CD are living up to their chocolate name and smell just like baking chocolate in veg.

clockwise from bottom left: CD1, CD3, CD2, a11 x f13xa11

the apollo top. the plant is a bit of stressed from being root bound and i am waiting to see how she grows out of it before acting.

CD2 top. very prominent leaf twist with large tooth serrations.

CD2 middle. likes to branch. lower branches fan out taking up space, while upper branches grow up and stay close to the main stem.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
update, pt 2

update, pt 2

cd1 top. really smells chocolatey. like hot cocoa powder.

the beyond the brain look a lot like apollo and c99. i can tell by their narrow leaves and angled growth that they'll stretch beyond my lights.
these are the ones i'm air layering except for number 3. it was the thinnest stem and i broke it.

BTB1 middle. loves to branch and loves to be topped.

BTB1 top. digging the structure and leaf patters.

BTB2 middle. very similar to BTB1, just wider fingers on her leaves

BTB2 top.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
uptade, pt3

uptade, pt3

BTB3. this one is a good mix between 1 and 2. honestly, this cross looks like

this shot shows the contraption i got off amazon to make airlayering easier.
comparing the two branches you can see that the left side's leaves have slight droop. the air layer has been on for two days so i added water in the top.

i think thats all i got for ya.

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
Order some Gnatrol to eliminate Fungus Gnats. 1 tsp per gallon as a preventative, double if it's an infestation. You can get it repackaged online in very small quantities, no need to buy the huge expensive tub. Also it works on Rockwool and Coco.

Good Luck, things look Great!!

gnatrol is so elusive it can only be bought with bitcoin or gme stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts