What's new

thes new led's is out scaling the hps and mh with a prety big deal

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its funny how this has turned into another hid vs led thread lol

i have been an avid led user and researcher for a few years and i fully respect those who dont want to take the plunge
personally i consider led tech usefull in applications requiring less than 400w of lighting and unparalleled in applications that needs less than 2ft of penetration

there has been an led on my radar for a while by illumitex ive used thier chips to build lights with great results but connot speak to thier comparability to multiple 1000w systes

however seen as the lec got mention on this thread here is a little vid i came by lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gdoTO3_kw

here the grower is using a bml (similar to illumitex-well thats a whole story right there lol)

agian who knows how legit it is but yeah i still dont think that led is cost effective in larger gardens especially when u consider the best sales pitch led companies have is the long term savings- consider what it woudl be like to use 5 year old led tech?

If you check my sig you will find links to my BML SPYDR 600 grow and now Amare Tech grow. Both used on Med- Man Silver Skunk, which is not a particularly high yielder, but a damned fine smoke

The SPYDR would be a lot better if the opaque cover was clear. Also it is passively cooled. The bars get real hot unless a fan is blowing across them, which I did.

I also supplemented with 2 additional BML bars as upper side lighting near the end, so roughly 380w v 260w with near identical yields

Here's one pic taken this morning.

Note the aluminum ball
next to the lowest bud which was > 30" below the panel is slightly smaller than a golf ball

Wet trimmed weight > 528gms and at least 10gms still on the plant to facilitate reveg (see pic)

View attachment 311216

View attachment 311217

Not bad for 260w panel. I am awaiting new clusters which are more equatorial oriented, plus IR.

More pics on the scale in my thread

Dion

If you check my sig you will find links to my BML SPYDR 600 grow and now Amare Tech grow. Both used on Med- Man Silver Skunk, which is not a particularly high yielder, but a damned fine smoke

The SPYDR would be a lot better if the opaque cover was clear. Also it is passively cooled. The bars get real hot unless a fan is blowing across them, which I did.

I also supplemented with 2 additional BML bars as upper side lighting near the end, so roughly 380w v 260w with near identical yields

Here's one pic taken this morning.

Note the aluminum ball
next to the lowest bud which was > 30" below the panel is slightly smaller than a golf ball

Wet trimmed weight > 528gms and at least 10gms still on the plant to facilitate reveg (see pic)

View attachment 311216

View attachment 311217

Not bad for 260w panel. I am awaiting new clusters which are more equatorial oriented, plus IR.

More pics on the scale in my thread

lets see the dry wieght before we decide

that 528 gr can become 200g which is less than g/w wich for led is just crap results

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lets see the dry wieght before we decide

that 528 gr can become 200g which is less than g/w wich for led is just crap results

Yeah, based on past dry weight from this strain ~ 160gms

But to call that a crap result is born of ignorance.

I mentioned that this is NOT a high yielding strain and this pheno was indica dominant

And weight is not the be-all-end-all. 2 old men were walking and passed a restaurant. One said to the other Man "Their food sucks" and his friend (you in this story) replied "Yeah, but they give you a lot of it"

But let's do the math

@ $10/gm that's $1600
@ $15/gm (which I get) = $2400

What's crap abut that
?

Koondense

Veteran
Quality is subjective, every grower will say his weed is better.
One would have to analyze the cannabinoid and terpene quantities to have a valid idea on quality.
From what I seen on the net(never grown indoors myself), for leds a result of less than 1g/W is not good even for low yielders. Best so far was around 2,5g/W with Grownorthern Holographic1.

Dion

petflora: u claim the panel is 240w? so 160g= 0.6g/w that IS a pretty crap result for LEDs

AND you claim it is a replacement for a 1000w hid?!?!?!
:laughing:

so that means that you think( 1000/160=0.16 ) 0.16g/w is a not a crap result?!?!?!
:fsu:
mate i dunno how to even respond to that :dunno:

Phychotron

My first panel was a blackstar 240, 130w with a 5oz yield... 5oz of fluffy bud, but it was the highest GPW I've ever achieved.

1000/160 = .16... wtf where did you learn math? 1000/160=6.25 bro

Phychotron

the "equivalent" wattage is a deceptive topic. When it comes to equivalent lighting usually LED will produce as much light as the higher wattage bulbs, but limited in their area coverage. You can get the buds like a higher wattage HID fixture but need multiple fixtures to cover the same area. If you only had a 2x4 tent you couldn't run a 1000w HID, but you could run a sweet LED and get buds that compare in size.

I think LED is around %60-70 of the HID wattage to cover the same area if you have an efficient LED.

he put the #'s backwards, no way in hell petflora could every pull 1000g his light.

but weighing with stems is gonna give a exaggerated # just like weight wet which is kinda how it was shown. either way its still sub par on the end #'s, which is why others have said his #'s were exaggerated before.

if his light was so great you wouldnt see only one person talking about it, spamming others threads for advertisments. as the light would stand out on its own, thus would be shared (by people not invested in it) as something that is doing great.

Last edited:

Dion

My first panel was a blackstar 240, 130w with a 5oz yield... 5oz of fluffy bud, but it was the highest GPW I've ever achieved.

1000/160 = .16... wtf where did you learn math? 1000/160=6.25 bro

Yeah sorry I typed the numbers backwards but the key info is the gram per watt .16 g per watt which is obvious to anyone who does lnow maths so where did u learn urs? :)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
petflora: u claim the panel is 240w? so 160g= 0.6g/w that IS a pretty crap result for LEDs

AND you claim it is a replacement for a 1000w hid?!?!?!
:laughing:

so that means that you think( 1000/160=0.16 ) 0.16g/w is a not a crap result?!?!?!
:fsu:
mate i dunno how to even respond to that :dunno:

Once again, you neglect to consider strain and pheno type when bashing my result. :dueling:

And please show me where said the 260w Solar Spec was equivalent to 1000w hps

The manufacturer does say it has a similar umole rating at 1 ft

uho667

hi boys

i would not say that led are not so good like hps, leds are better, my first run was over 1,1 gpw

second was 1,44 gpw
now i have 1,1 gpw but i was on holiday and my friend over dry plant did not feed them on time , no noise no big fan , smaller bills for electricity ,

no every one panels are good, cheap chine are just fuck,

led plantphotonic (hand made ) total power watt 310 w total power of led 280 gave me 390 g ,box 1,44m2
stb (hand made) 280 watt total, power of led 240 gave me 350 g 1,44 m2

i have now heliospecta was run around 500watt iv got 560 g,

stb 280 gave now 320g
but like i said it was really pour grow , i was month on holidays
so for me led are work really good but are expensive ,

next run i want switch with stb panel with my plasma lep 300 we will see what a yield i can get

and for people who grow fist time under led or want to change light please ready me last post here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6627220#post6627220

on one picture you can see hps 150 watt because i broken one led panel and i had to put something else for instead for 2 weeks

q7Sdf.jpg

b7OTU.jpg

gxNdU.jpg

hW0KL.jpg

s8Mm7.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
u r right u never said that(that i can be bothered finding right now)

u did however post the wet wieght results a month ago here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6882993&postcount=45

so how long u gonna dry for?? lol

You must go through threads while stoned, cause you keep getting it mostly wrong

That was last grow

This one I just pulled, so ~ 3 more weeks AND it is just ONE plant. If I had 2+ plants then the gpw would increase, but is still meaningless, unless comparing to the same clones grown under different lights. Even then clones taken from different parts of the same plant will grow differently

Dion

You must go through threads while stoned, cause you keep getting it mostly wrong

That was last grow

This one I just pulled, so ~ 3 more weeks AND it is just ONE plant. If I had 2+ plants then the gpw would increase, but is still meaningless, unless comparing to the same clones grown under different lights. Even then clones taken from different parts of the same plant will grow differently

so yield is not an indication of a growlights ability to grow?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so yield is not an indication of a growlights ability to grow?

Really?

OK. One last time...

Any strain/pheno has a max potential. Making sure the grow area meets minimum requirements for; ventilation, temperature, RH, air flow allows the grower to reach max/full potential

GPW would be used to see how well introducing a new element into a standardized environment responds, be it nutrients, lighting, hydro v soil... and compare the result to a base line result

hth

done here