What's new

there is rat in the wall of my house

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
id imagine you can somewhat tame a weasel if ya find a baby, used to have a pet raccoon for awhile :D

I'm with CoCo in his 1st post, if it's a rat, burn the house down!

this is the bucket trap as described above, use anti-freeze as it does pickle the mice so that they won't stink, if you have a mouse in water for more than 24 hours it's smell will make ya puke :puke: In anti-freeze you can wait a month (or 3) w/o raising a stink.

View Image

the worst issue with rodents is that they leave a scent trail guiding others into your crib.

as far as 'one at a time traps' go I prefer the good old Victor snap traps, and although I hate to kill the mouse up close and personal while it's thrashing about on a glue trap (TomCat is best) I'm usually pissed off enough at the dirty critter to walk up to the bastard stuck in a glue trap and scream at it (very loudly) 'STICK AROUND MOTHERFUCKER!!!'; then I toss it into a plastic grocery sack and whack it on the floor one time, with the exception of the quick fright explained above the mouse is dispatched rather quickly and humanely.

imeo, (<---that'd be expert) too much peanut butter (PB is greasy stuff) in a glue trap can allow your prey to work itself free. I left Minnesota for a winter trip to NY, I must have prepared a meal and forgot to put the blue cap back on a small Crisco cooking oil bottle, when I got back the bottle was full and we count 17 or 18 tails in it.
Gruesome

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
seen some blokes in the UK usin ferrets to rustle up rats, idk all the pet ferrets i seen have been docile, although i used to work on a mink fartm and those motherfuckers are vicious, i go with trained mink actually thinkin about it.

igrowone

Veteran
1 thing i read about ferrets, the smell drives rodents crazy with fear
they check out of the house without a fight
you can buy ferret odor in a bottle, not sure if the cure will be better than the disease though

CoCoSativas

back in '88 & my 2nd job up here at a bar (The Squirrel's Nest), we had a weasel that hid out in our woodpile we kept inside so that our cast stove always had dry wood. The owner forbid us to trap or shoot the little fucker as he kept the mouse population down to zero. Then we had to feed him/her

That's so hilarious man. The squirrels nest had a ferret in the wood pile.

Wow if you had your second job in 88 you must not be as old as I figured.

The weasel post is by far the best one in this thread

Budley Doright

Veteran
My place is a zoo.

My cat brings in chipmunks to play with every once in a while. Brought in a rabbit twice. Caught a magpie but it got away...
She doesn't do much in the house though... I've got Norway rats & mice in the walls and attic, a couple Squirls under the house & woodpeckers and starlings trying to nest in the eaves of the roof.
Seems when I set a trap the rodents just eat the peanut butter without setting the trap off. Sneaky lil shits!

You just arent using the peanut butter correctly..... the best bait is crunchy peanut butter.....

Find a nice hunk of peanut and jam in into the bait tray.....and the peanut butter......

QUite often they do in fact lick off all the peanut butter.....

but that little piece of nut wedged in the bait tray gets em every time....

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Simple bro just take an a old glass wrap it in a towel, take a hammer smash the glass into a almost powder consistency and then take a bunch of peanut butter and mix the two together that way when the little fuckers eat the peanut butter it shreds their guts like they deserve. Bit gruesome but fuck they're rats let em die slowly.
MAKE SURE ANY PETS YOU HAVE CAN'T GET NEAR IT!!!

CoCoSativas

You just arent using the peanut butter correctly..... the best bait is crunchy peanut butter.....

Find a nice hunk of peanut and jam in into the bait tray.....and the peanut butter......

QUite often they do in fact lick off all the peanut butter.....

but that little piece of nut wedged in the bait tray gets em every time....

I also use mixed pain for the same reason. Plus they seem to like a variety of smells so I use a bunch of what they like

St. Phatty

Something was eating plants in the window part of my living room.

Set out a trap with a peanut butter sandwich and a rotten banana.

Within a half hour I had a caught a healthy female rat.

Gave it some extra sunflower seeds.

Will re-locate this morning.