What's new

THE WoW THREAD.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bout to flip these babies. They're lookin happy in here.

I've been staying on top of the trimming and training to keep these big girls in line. Light mover has just been turned on too

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Normally, temps can drop to below 60 degrees in my room during lights off in the winter. I'm gonna try putting a small heater on a timer to cycle on/off every 10 mins or so to keep the temps around 70ish. Hoping that will make a difference in the end. We'll see.

Last edited:
J

JimmyRow

Lookin good. Your gonna be busy here in a couple months! Gonna watch this shit explode!

I have the same lights off issue. I got an oil filled radiator style heater at target for $69. It has a thermostat that cans be set at 65, 70, 75, or 80. Also has constant settings, and a timer 2-12hrs. I got it at 80 in an 8 x 8 and its pretty cold here. Rooms at 70° right now. If you leave it on it hits stand by, and does put off a Lil heat during the day.

Good luck with old man winter.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Jimmy. I got a lil fan heater from the home de pot ($19) that'll keep an 8 x 8 nice and toasty.
My room's intake is thru the door....so I'm gonna put the heater outside the door in the adjacent room, and have it cycle on/off during the dark period. I'll try and keep it between 70-75.

I remember seeing DHF say something about a room only being as good as its most limiting factor.....or some shit like that. I always knew those freezing nights were bad for my girls. Hopefully the heater and the 10 gallon pots make a big difference.

J

JimmyRow

nice. youve got it figured out. they should sleep just fine like that!!

i guess i couldve mentioned my rooms in the garage. so i had to go extreme. shit it was - 20 a lil over a week ago & the heater kept the room rigjt at 60. damn heat wave this week. kinda freakin out. its 80 right now 1/2 way thru the dark cycle.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup focaskater.....awesome name, lol. Welcome to the show bro

i guess i couldve mentioned my rooms in the garage.

Ahhh, ok. -20??? You definitely needed a bigger heater than me. I'm only trying to go from 60 to 75. Hope it works for both of us!

:biggrin:

Oh yea, and I dropped a bunch of seeds too. Doc's OG, Double Stwaberry Diesel, and Head's Trainwreck II

W

Womble

tuned in for this one Marlo :headbange

keen to know how you get on with those Air-Tubs, they look like the answer!

J

JimmyRow

Ahhh, ok. -20??? You definitely needed a bigger heater than me. I'm only trying to go from 60 to 75. Hope it works for both of us!

well that was the low. we got well over 1°f for the high. im pleased with my temps so far. but have to be here @ 7am & 7 pm. it got a bit warmer after i hung that 1k bare mh. with that and the residual heat from the heater ( even on standby). i have to shut it down each day.

you got it easy! haha. keep killin it

dropped some nice beans. :tiphat:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I just took some 3.4 gal airpots apart, and found a way to make a big tub out of two. They're not perfect, but it looks like they're working fine so far. I kinda explained it to greenmatter in the post below

Wsup green

They are barely mobile. I dont plan on moving them.

I took two 3.4 gal airpots apart....laid them end to end. I toverlapped them by approx 4" and fastened them with the provided locks at the top and bottom. I did the same with the other end, which left me with a huge O.
For the bottom,I started with some left over fencing. The same stuff that is on my walls. I cut out a 5 square x 12 square piece to act as a bottom. I used zip ties to fasten the fencing to the bottom in the same place the original bottom of the pots would be...all around the bottom perimeter.
To keep the soil from falling thru the large holes in the fencing, I cut out a piece of cheesecloth to line the bottom of the pot, and about 1" up the side wall.

Since the bottom is not firm like the bottom provided, they are alot less stable than the normal airpot. But since they dont have to move, it works just fine for my situation....but it is something that can be improved.

You can see them in this pic...
View Image

Hope that made sense

:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
looks like i'm just in time for the show! Get on that heater dude... Plants synthesize carbohydrates during the day, and grow at night. Pulling up a bucket.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I just took some 3.4 gal airpots apart, and found a way to make a big tub out of two. They're not perfect, but it looks like they're working fine so far. I kinda explained it to greenmatter in the post below

Wsup green

They are barely mobile. I dont plan on moving them.

I took two 3.4 gal airpots apart....laid them end to end. I toverlapped them by approx 4" and fastened them with the provided locks at the top and bottom. I did the same with the other end, which left me with a huge O.
For the bottom,I started with some left over fencing. The same stuff that is on my walls. I cut out a 5 square x 12 square piece to act as a bottom. I used zip ties to fasten the fencing to the bottom in the same place the original bottom of the pots would be...all around the bottom perimeter.
To keep the soil from falling thru the large holes in the fencing, I cut out a piece of cheesecloth to line the bottom of the pot, and about 1" up the side wall.

Since the bottom is not firm like the bottom provided, they are alot less stable than the normal airpot. But since they dont have to move, it works just fine for my situation....but it is something that can be improved.

You can see them in this pic...
View Image

Hope that made sense

:tiphat: