What's new

The Wonderwall w/ bonus aero tree DIY

G

GMax

hi there gmax, nice zylinder of weed there, now lets see some flowers :)
greez mo

thanks bro.. I be watching yours too, pretty impressive

here some past buds to hold ya off.. sorry the pic is out of focus... I have terrible photography skills and I need a new camera

great pics, lookin wonderous.

:thank you:

after further inspection of the buds harvested last week, I am seeing now that a lot of the crystal heads had burst during harvest... so the spinpro was a little more rough than originally thought... however I was giving them 25-30 turns and spinning it very fast... I practiced some more on another crop I had ready for harvest... the minimum I can do to get the buds looking nice is 20 spins... and I also tried spinning it slower...I also hand trimmed the very best and biggest buds... we will see if it is any better... I have 3 more crops to practice my techniques before it is time to harvest the WW....

I went to order some seeds from the Boo but you cant pay with credit card at the moment ... so I am gonna have to get a money order and it gonna be a few days longer.... I have narrowed down my decision to BOG LSD, Fractal Strawberry Deisel F3, and a 5pk fem SSH from GH... and also request some SOL Blue Sat 2.2 and HOL C99 as my freebies *fingers crossed* I will buy a money order and send my payment tomorrow

I wanna try to get a keeper or two of each strain so I can alternate strains each crop... as soon as I have identified them as females I am gonna take a mixed batch of clones from all the females and then distribute them between my old systems so I can monocrop and they can have separate rez... that way I can learn what they individually like... I will just treat them like bubble at first and go from there and let the plants tell me what they want

Big John

thanks bro.. I be watching yours too, pretty impressive

here some past buds to hold ya off.. sorry the pic is out of focus... I have terrible photography skills and I need a new camera

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1014909View Image

after further inspection of the buds harvested last week, I am seeing now that a lot of the crystal heads had burst during harvest... so the spinpro was a little more rough than originally thought... however I was giving them 25-30 turns and spinning it very fast... I practiced some more on another crop I had ready for harvest... the minimum I can do to get the buds looking nice is 20 spins... and I also tried spinning it slower...I also hand trimmed the very best and biggest buds... we will see if it is any better... I have 3 more crops to practice my techniques before it is time to harvest the WW....

I went to order some seeds from the Boo but you cant pay with credit card at the moment ... so I am gonna have to get a money order and it gonna be a few days longer.... I have narrowed down my decision to BOG LSD, Fractal Strawberry Deisel F3, and a 5pk fem SSH from GH... and also request some SOL Blue Sat 2.2 and HOL C99 as my freebies *fingers crossed* I will buy a money order and send my payment tomorrow

I wanna try to get a keeper or two of each strain so I can alternate strains each crop... as soon as I have identified them as females I am gonna take a mixed batch of clones from all the females and then distribute them between my old systems so I can monocrop and they can have separate rez... that way I can learn what they individually like... I will just treat them like bubble at first and go from there and let the plants tell me what they want

That's too bad about the spinpro, I've been looking for something to help with the harvests. Keep us posted how it works out with the new technique!

The grow is looking awesome btw man.

G

GMax

That's too bad about the spinpro, I've been looking for something to help with the harvests. Keep us posted how it works out with the new technique!

The grow is looking awesome btw man.

this last harvest I just tried doing it slower and with the least amount of spins and fresh buds...that bud will be dry in a day or so.. then I will really see how well it worked..

this next time I am gonna cut the buds and hang them to dry.... then after they dry, put them in the spinpro to be trimmed... it seems promising, I wont have any buds damaged from drying flat.. and the leaves should come off easier dried.. but I may lose even more trichs when dry

I did 21min more screen training this morning... stretch is about over and the screen is completely full... I even have some paper clips to help spread and tie back loose branches even more... the top rows are growing right into the ceiling and suffocating their own buds, so I used the paper clips to tie them down and bend them sideways, a sorta LST...

I didn't have my camera ready in time to take pics but I will take some tonight.. I will be doing a heavy defoliation before the next lights out, so I want a before and after

I am up to 5hr 29min.. but I got a rez change to do today before the next lights on...then however long it takes to defoliate... and then I will have another week off... maybe a little training here and there.. but the hardest part is over for that one, now its cruise control... but I gotta clean out the other WW and get it ready for the next round... they will be ready in few days

G

GMax

good deal ??

good deal ??

this summer has been kind of mild so far.. I have still been able to get away with using a 12K btu AC with its own cold air duct to each tent.. it has been keeping it below 82F..

I also found a 12k btu casement style AC that I use upstairs every so often to keep it comfortable, this makes the whole house cooler which helps with the cooling downstairs also.. last year I only had the one room going and during summer my living room was uncomfortably warm... now I am running a flip flop and still managing temps...

but it may get really hot soon and I wanna be ready...and I found this industrial portable AC local on CL for $550..

their website says it retails for $4,445.00.. he has two of them and also a 19k btu model

it looks like it wont take any more installation than I already have... its two 6'' cold ducts and 12'' warm exhaust (which I will put a wye on and have two 6'' for exhaust like I already got)

I know portables are usually inefficient.. here are those specs:

Cooling capacity: 24,000 btu

voltage requirements: 1phase, 208/230V
total power consumption: 2.4kW
current consumption: 10.8amps
recommended fuse size: 20amps

the vents on the side is where the air goes in but I shouldn't have to worry about smell cause I will put it in the laundry room, where there is no odor, and run the ducts from there.. (I have the exhaust part of my window AC mounted in there and only running single AC box..no odors.. but I also have spare carbon filter running in there to be safe) but there is an optional part, or it may already come with it (or I can make it myself) to make it dual hose so I can bring the air in from somewhere else... I would only have to use it in the deep summer months, and best of all I can pack it up and take it with me when I leave..

should I get it ??? I think after typing this up I've talked myself into it :)

Mister_D

Veteran
this summer has been kind of mild so far.. I have still been able to get away with using a 12K btu AC with its own cold air duct to each tent.. it has been keeping it below 82F..

I also found a 12k btu casement style AC that I use upstairs every so often to keep it comfortable, this makes the whole house cooler which helps with the cooling downstairs also.. last year I only had the one room going and during summer my living room was uncomfortably warm... now I am running a flip flop and still managing temps...

but it may get really hot soon and I wanna be ready...and I found this industrial portable AC local on CL for $550..

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1105019"]View Image[/URL]

their website says it retails for $4,445.00.. he has two of them and also a 19k btu model

it looks like it wont take any more installation than I already have... its two 6'' cold ducts and 12'' warm exhaust (which I will put a wye on and have two 6'' for exhaust like I already got)

I know portables are usually inefficient.. here are those specs:

Cooling capacity: 24,000 btu

voltage requirements: 1phase, 208/230V
total power consumption: 2.4kW
current consumption: 10.8amps
recommended fuse size: 20amps

the vents on the side is where the air goes in but I shouldn't have to worry about smell cause I will put it in the laundry room, where there is no odor, and run the ducts from there.. (I have the exhaust part of my window AC mounted in there and only running single AC box..no odors.. but I also have spare carbon filter running in there to be safe) but there is an optional part, or it may already come with it (or I can make it myself) to make it dual hose so I can bring the air in from somewhere else... I would only have to use it in the deep summer months, and best of all I can pack it up and take it with me when I leave..

should I get it ??? I think after typing this up I've talked myself into it :)

It's a good price, but there's a couple things to keep in mind. First and most important is, you won't see 24k btu of cooling out of that thing. Due to duct losses and the inefficient nature of their design, real world performance would likely be closer to 16-18k btu. Second, they suck a lot of power for the amount of cooling you actually get. However I think you mentioned you are in a rental so drilling a hole for a mini split may not be an option. If you don't mind the power consumption, it sounds like it may be a good option for your current situation. Will likely end up in the pile of unused grow equipment down the road, but for the price and your current needs you may as well grab it :biggrin:

Oh and :respect: for the show. Good things happening in here :biggrin:

G

GMax

It's a good price, but there's a couple things to keep in mind. First and most important is, you won't see 24k btu of cooling out of that thing. Due to duct losses and the inefficient nature of their design, real world performance would likely be closer to 16-18k btu. Second, they suck a lot of power for the amount of cooling you actually get. However I think you mentioned you are in a rental so drilling a hole for a mini split may not be an option. If you don't mind the power consumption, it sounds like it may be a good option for your current situation. Will likely end up in the pile of unused grow equipment down the road, but for the price and your current needs you may as well grab it :biggrin:

Oh and :respect: for the show. Good things happening in here :biggrin:

thanks D.. I was a little confused about the power consumption because it is 10.8 amps but on a 220 circuit.. I am not familiar with those...

I haven't really done any research on the minisplits and installation etc.. the temp control has been on the back burner because like I said summer been mild and I haven't had issues yet... if I do go with a split, I probably be hitting u up in PM..

gotta love icmag !!

Hey mate great thread you have going, love the wall of bud looks sweet as

thanks bro.... the wall of buds look as sweet as...what ??? lol... thanks for the kind words

uploading pics and working on a update now.....

G

GMax

Ok yesterday I did another rez change.. I only do three during the flowering cycle; day 9, 18 and 27... it took me 26 min to do this time....

50-60g... 50ml calmg, 150ml Micro, 225 Bloom, 50m Silica, 150ml SM90....

then before lights out this morning, I spent 17min doing the first defoliation.. here some pics...

here before...

and after...

I will continue to remove leaves as necessary...

over the next few days the branches will continue to extend, and I am gonna use paper clips also this time to help spread the branches more evenly... there are still a few tiny bare spots on the screen, so I am gonna use the clips to help it fill in... I usually do a pretty good job filling the screen, but this time I am trying for my best canopy yet..

nothing much more to report...over the next few days I have a few things to do.... I am gonna spend ten min doing a rez change on my moms.. then I have to get the other WW cleaned out because the ones in veg will be ready to transplant and start flowering in two days or so.. then I need to take another large batch of clones, so I can veg them out and pick the best ones and distribute amongst my old systems

up to 6hr 12min total on the WW....

that's it...thanks everybody !!!

D

DHF

Keep dialin and fillin in that sideways canopy Bro.......Only gets better....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

G

GMax

Keep dialin and fillin in that sideways canopy Bro.......Only gets better....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

thanks for the kind words bro.. my yields have been getting better each time so I hope that trend continues... trying to get the best canopy possible this time... looking back at the pics, it looks like I need to remove even more leaf and spread the branches some more.. I will get to that tonight probably.. cause once stretch is over they cant be worked with as easy...

G

GMax

couple min to change my mom rez.... she growing fast and looking good..

this is probably the easiest rez to change of all my systems..!! just posting this real quick to share and so I know when it needs done next...

that's all....

G

GMax

my new girl has been staying at the house the last few days, so it has been hard for me to sneak off to take care of the plants... I was meaning to transplant the clones yesterday.. but they got an extra day of veg since I couldn't get around to it... so today I woke up real early and snuck downstairs while she asleep to get it taken care of....

scrubbed the system out, made some nutes, and transplanted the clones and plugged everything in... here they are day 1 of flower...

I ended up letting my last girl know after we had dated for a few months.... when I finally did tell her, she got mad that I didn't tell her sooner, whatever... but now that we are no longer together she is pretty salty but not seeking to further hurt me by turning me in or anything... but if I could go back I wouldn't tell her, so I am gonna wait even longer with this one...

maybe I will post some pics in the super stoner chick thread...

the other WW crop is doing great even though I haven't been able to check on it in few days... it is no big deal as I am used to using the WW remotely... they seem to be growing new leafs after the last defoliation and should be ready for a second round of trimming here soon

if possible I wanna let the WW crop go til day 55... I still haven't got around to ordering the seeds and now there are more BOG genes available so I am back to deciding what to get again... but I plan on placing the order by fri...

that's it for now..

G

GMax

for those curious about the spinpro... the first time I used it, I was just waay too eager.. spinning the blades unnecessarily fast, did 25-30 spins and not being very gentle with the buds in general... so I don't really know how I could expect them to turn out super pretty...

this last time I tried it a little different....I trimmed the buds fresh... I only did 20 spins of the blades and turned them as slow as I could but fast enough to make decent cuts... and this time the buds turned out barely harmed and still trimmed very well...

here some dry bud shots.. the bud on the bottom was hand trimmed and never put in the spinpro, for reference...... the rest went through the SP only.. I only have medium buds left in this batch.. and there a few small ones in there too

I think the SpinPro would work best on buds with similar structure to sour bub.... small dense popcorn nugs... my tinier buds you cant even tell were trimmed with the machine...

I think when it comes time to harvest the WW.. I am probably gonna hand trim all the top buds of every branch and then run everything that's down the stem through the SP... I am guessing it will take me roughly 4-5hrs max

bout to do another harvest with it tonight..!! ::canabis:

bobblehead

Veteran
I wouldn't go posting pics of your ex just yet bro... If she outs you then who cares, they're your property and she can't do shit... but lets say on the chance that she found out that you posted her pics online, she might decide to out you.

I like how the system looks freshly loaded. Looks like it'll be a good round.

G

GMax

its all good bro the chances of that are very slim... I am not sure I am gonna post them yet but she would never do that though... trust me I have done worse to deserve that... me and her took a break and during that I ended up having a threesome with her sister and another female.... after I came, I realized how terrible of an idea it was, even if we weren't together, and worried that she would seek "revenge"... but she didn't.. she doesn't like cops just as much as me... we did get back together after that and she did however remain very pissed about it and that eventually ended up breaking us up... and now she has changed her mind and wants to get back together... but I don't think I will... but trust me she has done enough to where it wouldn't hurt my conscience if I did... relationships can get ugly

I have only ever told 3 people in my life.. my first gf who I was with for a few years and was with before I even started growing... no the slightest bit impressed with a pot plant lol.... she understood the secret.. that was a few years ago and she hasn't even told her current fiancée.... my best friend since 3rd grade... who I moved in with after me and my first girl broke up and grew a few crops to get some money together to get my current place... I even returned the favor and let him stay at my grow for a couple months before.. I trust him completely though, when he was staying I would come home before and there would be a couple jars of fine cannabis lying around and he would be sitting there scrapping resin instead of pinching tiny buds that I would never notice...he would give me a hand if I needed it but also wasn't impressed by a pot plant... and then finally her ^^^ and I only told her... she never saw it

none of them know I am GMax though... I don't know if I would tell anyone that.... they could be watching you at any time and you wouldn't even know it

anyways those clones are looking good... they were a slightly better batch then the ones currently flowering and they got an extra day veg.. so I should have two great crops in a row under 3wks apart :woohoo:

thanks for the kind words bobble... I know you are only looking out appreciate it

my new girl has been staying at the house the last few days, so it has been hard for me to sneak off to take care of the plants... I was meaning to transplant the clones yesterday.. but they got an extra day of veg since I couldn't get around to it... so today I woke up real early and snuck downstairs while she asleep to get it taken care of....

scrubbed the system out, made some nutes, and transplanted the clones and plugged everything in... here they are day 1 of flower...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1107845]View Image[/url]

I ended up letting my last girl know after we had dated for a few months.... when I finally did tell her, she got mad that I didn't tell her sooner, whatever... but now that we are no longer together she is pretty salty but not seeking to further hurt me by turning me in or anything... but if I could go back I wouldn't tell her, so I am gonna wait even longer with this one...

maybe I will post some pics in the super stoner chick thread...

the other WW crop is doing great even though I haven't been able to check on it in few days... it is no big deal as I am used to using the WW remotely... they seem to be growing new leafs after the last defoliation and should be ready for a second round of trimming here soon

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1107842]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1107844]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1107843]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1107841]View Image[/url]

if possible I wanna let the WW crop go til day 55... I still haven't got around to ordering the seeds and now there are more BOG genes available so I am back to deciding what to get again... but I plan on placing the order by fri...

that's it for now..

hi,gmax

WAIT! is that another round going down in your basement?digging your aero grow,i also see you like your toys,(read through some of your older threads),....the ac unit is a must ,environments everything,especially with aero n 'THE ROOTS',

upclose everything looks good ,nice deep green leaves,not overfed,not under fed, 'id say ' HAPPY PLANTS',IL admit im aslo a defoliater and like to hit my girls 'with a strip down' around day 14 so they can recover by the end of or even before week 3,and then leave em to be all they can be till the end while slowly pulling leaves,whats ya take on it?

pt

G

GMax

hi,gmax

WAIT! is that another round going down in your basement?digging your aero grow,i also see you like your toys,(read through some of your older threads),....the ac unit is a must ,environments everything,especially with aero n 'THE ROOTS',

upclose everything looks good ,nice deep green leaves,not overfed,not under fed, 'id say ' HAPPY PLANTS',IL admit im aslo a defoliater and like to hit my girls 'with a strip down' around day 14 so they can recover by the end of or even before week 3,and then leave em to be all they can be till the end while slowly pulling leaves,whats ya take on it?

pt

I used to take my first set of leaves around day 16 sometimes earlier.. but I will take the most problem leaves no matter what day it is ... but then I hear you are supposed to wait until stretch is over before doing a trim.... and my SB stretches until day 19-21... this time I took the first on day 19 (the longest I have ever purposely waited) and I cant really tell the difference from taking them at day 16... day 16 might be a little better cause they have a few days left making more green growth, so there may be a bigger explosion of leaves.......

there is a good before and after pic somewhere in my last WW thread....

after my first defoliation I like to do more trims every week or so after or when ever its needed... taking problem leaves here and there when necessary... I also use my screen to tuck back the leaves... if they aren't blocking any buds or bothering anything then I wont remove them at all... but if a bunch of leaves gets crowded and overlapping each other, then I will remove them cause water can build up underneath and it can cause issues with mold, etc...

then about 5-10 days before harvest I do my final trim where I cut of pretty much all remaining leave.s.. this also seems to help it flush better, cause there is less foliage that needs nutes removed from them.....

but also I am running more of a SCROG setup, just with lots of plants, and that requires heavy leave removal regardless... but I am a big fan of defoliation... and also some type of screen to support, weave and train plants

one thing I know is I have done 4 crops I believe so far with the WW... my worst yield was my 1st run which had issues that were resolved too late, but yielded 26oz... every other crop since has been better, even broke GPW, other than one which only got 15.5oz..!!! and it was a good batch of clones and vegged just as long as my current crops...the canopy still filled out surprisingly lush and even... the only difference is I didn't use a screen or any support and did minimal defoliation, but still some...

so that's my personal experience with these techniques.... thanks purple turtle !!! :tiphat:

also the deep green leaves is just the SB kush... the nutes are below half strength always

G

GMax

use the paper clips and did a little LST on my mom... I think I am gonna just let it grow naturally from here on out....

here soon I should be able to toss my old mom and use this as my primary mother .... I need to be able to take at least 70 clones at a time....

then I will be able to use all my Waterfarms for testing out new seeds... I think I am gonna build a second veg room just for growing out seeds... I may dust off my DR120 for it (4x4) then after I have taken clones from them, I can just flower out the females horizontally with one of my extra 400s.... may even flower out a few choice males to collect some pollen...

I changed my mind again and cant seem to decide what seed I wanna order... there are so many BOG strains I want... and I think I also am gonna get the Straw D f3 for sure just for some variation that I can use in crosses... but my original intentions was to order a few 9-10 weekers...

whatever I end up ordering, I am gonna try to make my first crosses with....

use the paper clips and did a little LST on my mom... I think I am gonna just let it grow naturally from here on out....

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39030&pictureid=1108333]View Image[/url]

here soon I should be able to toss my old mom and use this as my primary mother .... I need to be able to take at least 70 clones at a time....

then I will be able to use all my Waterfarms for testing out new seeds... I think I am gonna build a second veg room just for growing out seeds... I may dust off my DR120 for it (4x4) then after I have taken clones from them, I can just flower out the females horizontally with one of my extra 400s.... may even flower out a few choice males to collect some pollen...

I changed my mind again and cant seem to decide what seed I wanna order... there are so many BOG strains I want... and I think I also am gonna get the Straw D f3 for sure just for some variation that I can use in crosses... but my original intentions was to order a few 9-10 weekers...

whatever I end up ordering, I am gonna try to make my first crosses with....

U gonna start your own lil country there:biggrin:,buying seeds is a bitch im so indecisive when it comes to that, there always a pack of seeds ,or picture or review that makes you ponder!i only wish i could get some 'bog gear' ,but the seedbanks i use to get stuff to africa doesnt have his stuff and i only trust a few!!.........i wont change your mind but check out 'sugartown express' from cage green genetics(purple trainwreck and OG do)SOUNDS VERY INTERSTING ,its hard to find regukar genetics with the purple trainwreck or trainwreck in general!....anyways just blabbling on dont miind me,....waitin for some kewl pics!!!
peace!!

pt:skiiing: