Attachments

• Pete!.jpg
    Pete!.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 22

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
....not tryin' to cause a big sensation,

just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation.....

Attachments

• TheWho.jpg
    TheWho.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 19

Betterhaff

Veteran
I’ve seen Clapton 4 or 5 times since he retired, lol. I guess it’s in their blood…they just like to get out there and play. I’m sure a lot of them don’t need the money.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
[youtubeif]cYYeM_t6b5c[/youtubeif]

I know what them old fucks are thinking..

...if they ain't getting payed in cash...they ain't going nowhere

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Damn, that's an impressive vertical if he jumped from the floor and not from something elevated. I bet he could have dunked in the day.

Yeah, Pete CAN jump!
When I was a teenager and Pete was in his 20's, he was so skinny, the other guys used to call him a "Nose on a stick"

Here's another old picture of him and a more recent picture of him about 64 years old.. and he still jumps high!

Yeah, I guess you could say I've been a big Who fan since WAY back...Just wish I'd got to see them play live more than just once...

Attachments

• pete T..jpg
    pete T..jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Pete_Townshend.jpg
    Pete_Townshend.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25

nukklehead

Bud green..

AWESOME .. thanks for those shots..

PBW... who wouldve thunk the Tom Jones show?????

I love the kinks too.. they dont get as much respect though
IDK why...

The Davies, Gosling, Dalton Avery...

Ask Van Halen where they got "girl , you really got me down"..

Most peeps dont know the origin

Thanks to all inputs down R&R history/memory road..

Keep up the posts.. !!!

Nuk

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Bud green..

AWESOME .. thanks for those shots..

Nuk

Your welcome man.. Glad you like 'em....
I have no idea how old you are, but me and Pinball are old enough to remember the Who when they first came out in the 60's..
I bought their first several albums for between $2.75 and $4.00 for "Tommy", 'cause it was a double album....

Everything they did was good... I love "Live at Leeds", "Quadrophenia" and the Who at Isle of Wight in 1971...

Attachments

• Pete    outdoor concert.jpg
    Pete outdoor concert.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 18

nukklehead

those are great paraphernalia/history..

Im gonna guess my generation was in 64 or 65 and thats when they really took hold in the U.S.. (??????????????????)

Not quite as grey as you all (just as bald).... lol.....

Lets just say I was approx 12 mos. away from my card to join the club.

i.e draft ended 1/73...... turned 18 1/74......The old saying "timing is everything" seems to fit pretty well in my younger days... But I was a devout Who fan all my life. Broke my heart when Keith and Ox couldnt
make the shows anymore..

This will be my 7th concert (including quadrophenias and Tommys)..
Not bitchin or braggin... well maybe braggin a little....lol

Thanks for all the chimes and memories

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Being a Stones man and a big time Who fan, I will admit that Live at Leeds is the best live LP with the Stones Get your ya- ys out a close second!!!
I saw them first time in '71 in Philly's spectreme I believe. Don't remember Who(haha) warmed up I was loaded eating hashish and phenol-barbs. Yummy!!
Saw them a second time in Lexington KY early mid '80's. Philly was so much better cause we were all older in the '80's I guess. Older always better huh?
But to answer your question, NO I ain't going. Cost over $100 don't think so. They're older than ME. They used to be like they're music. My wife made me go see the Stones a few years back. I'll say this, they were the tightest I'd ever seen them. The Rolling Stones aren't tight they're loose and funky like Honky tonk women. Roger Daltry doesn't sound like a bennie dropping speed freak anymore.

nukklehead

Roger Daltry doesn't sound like a bennie dropping speed freak anymore.

Saw Fleetwood Mac last week in Indy and Stevie doesnt sound like a coke slut anymore.. :laughing:

I know Hank they all dont sound like they use to...but hey... we are all getting up there you know..One more WHO concert for the road then Im done... Love the stones too btw.. saw in chicago in 95-96???
They still got the goods too..

Actually Kristy McVee (sp?) had the most preserved voice of Mac..

Mic did the ole wild eyed drum solo ....Lindsay is amazing how he plays lead guitar like a banjo.. dont know how he does it..

Any WHO ... off topic.. I feel your pain Hank.... although I wish
I didnt... :biggrin:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I've got to agree with Grace Slick when asked if she would tour with the Airplane again, "old people get off the stage". That about summons it up. The only old people I'd go see anymore is pretty Miss Emmy Lou or Willie. Probably not Willie. To much new music out there and it's mostly Americana. RnR is going out with a wimper ain't it? Can you even imagine talking about a 50 year old group in 1965. I couldn't even name a group from 1915. Who(haha) would have thunk it would still be here today?

nukklehead

I've got to agree with Grace Slick when asked if she would tour with the Airplane again, "old people get off the stage". That about summons it up. The only old people I'd go see anymore is pretty Miss Emmy Lou or Willie. Probably not Willie. To much new music out there and it's mostly Americana. RnR is going out with a wimper ain't it? Can you even imagine talking about a 50 year old group in 1965. I couldn't even name a group from 1915. Who(haha) would have thunk it would still be here today?

No kidding... I think it was the impact of the whole british invasion is the reason why they are still around. I mean the other big groups ( minus the kinks.... please no insult intended) stones, beatles, are still around (beatles----in some form or another... well I guess 2 of them are still around...lol)...

But huge impact by previous musicians as also mentioned in this thread..

Not that Im a huge fan but I do have extreme respect for Elvis..
He has to be listed with the above bands for history of RnR

He was 42 in 1977 when he died... at 72 would he still be selling out concerts??? How many new albums would he have put out between 42 and 62.... ???? Just food for thought..

Was watching Joe Walsh on D. Hall show and he said something pretty profound that I like.. "people dont play music anymore.. they make music".. went on to explain that new music typically is synthesized in a studio (via computer) now days...

No offense .. plenty of bands out there "playing music" but think the biggest ones/ majority now are "making music"...

I think our generation might as well just f f f fade away.....:tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

Your welcome man.. Glad you like 'em....
I have no idea how old you are, but me and Pinball are old enough to remember the Who when they first came out in the 60's..
I bought their first several albums for between $2.75 and $4.00 for "Tommy", 'cause it was a double album....

Everything they did was good... I love "Live at Leeds", "Quadrophenia" and the Who at Isle of Wight in 1971...

Ive got a good who story for ya.

Ive seen them a couple times when I was a teenager. I know a lot of their classic hits from the radio.

the first show I went to was all the classics I wanted to hear. Awesome experience.

The next time I saw them, I ate a couple of really good doses.

I had never heard of quadrophenia. Never heard a song from that album till that night.

It just happened to be their 25 year anniversary of quadrophenia. they played the video to go with their concert. I flipped out like the guy in that video! A amazing experience to say the least. lol

Betterhaff

Veteran
But the good stuff still plays.

Who would have thought you’d be hearing The Who’s or Jimi’s music in commercial endeavors today.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
The younger people think it's elevator music. :D

...and their right...for the wrong reason:violin:

[YOUTUBEIF]7S94ohyErSw[/YOUTUBEIF]