What's new

The War On Drugs Is A Joke Here's Proof

naga_sadu

Russia is a funny case when it comes to drug laws. I remember back when they were still the CCCP, .1 gram of mj could get u in shit technically but for the most part it just remained as...technical.

I still miss Uzbekisan and Kazastan during the Soviet days. It was alot easier and a lot more chill to get stoned back then, that's for sure. I miss the Termez (an Uzbek town not too far from Afg border) where you could see a local buyer arguing w/ a pusher over price of charas very openly and loudly, when a Soviet soldier, about an arm length away, would be smoking a "cigarette" half asleep...nobody gave a shit. Life went on.

Now, it's surely not like that anymore...the only thing which has mushroomed all over Uzbekistan after this so called "Neo liberalisation" is brothels and AIDS. So much for development stratergy, I suppose...

Moving onto other parts of the world...

The worst case in terms of drug laws, and the most vicious by far is Singapore. The "city state" picks up a poor ol' man who just happens to love pot, arrests and kills him, widows his wife, orphans his child and then publishes SOB stories on how "drugs killed and ruined a whole family." Camel shit!

Iran is one of the most pot frieldly places to visit in West Asia. Possession is only met w/ a very paltry fine per gram less than the price of a meal in mcdonalds. I could score in Tehran easier than I could in Los Angeles as a newcomer to the places.

Laos is heading down the crapper

And Thaksin Shinawatra is still a fucknut who killed over 2000+ people in the name of a "drugs war" which was supposed to make the country a safer place to live in. Strangely enough, no single terrorist group, leave along a drug smuggling group have managed to match Thaksin's "kills"

There was a clause in Italy backed by the former PM Silvio Belrusconi which would equate marijuana to heroin criminally. Thankfully the Italian people showed Belrusconi a huge middle finger.

Last edited: