What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The War of 2020: the upcoming elections

packerfan79

Veteran
Chuck Norris is a chump living in Bruce Lee's shadow.

Can't they both be great, not everything is a zero sum game.

Besides the fact that it's a joke. Loosen up just a bit, maybe a laugh or a smile would be helpful. Life's not that serious.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.thrillist.com/gear/was-bruce-lee-actually-good-at-fighting

Chuck Norris: "The truth is Lee was a formidable opponent with a chiseled physique and technique. I totally enjoyed sparring and just spending time with him. He was as charismatic and friendly in the ring and at home as he was on film. His confidence and wit were dazzling, and sometimes even debilitating to others.Lee was lightning fast, very agile and incredibly strong for his size."

Bruce Lee learned from everybody. He had a very open mind. He never believed in only one martial arts style or that one was superior. He believed that everything had strengths and weaknesses and that we should find the strengths in each method." He was a teacher. He did not have many real fights. Those that where documented where anecdotal or straight-up hearsay. Though he didn't fight much, He beat the boxing champion of his high school without being a boxer. The tournaments Norris did (that Lee didn't do) would disqualify someone if they hit too hard. They were more like chess matches and were not representative of an actual fight.

Was Bruce Lee a real fighter? Obviously. Could Bruce Lee win in a fight against Chuck Norris? It's hard to say for sure, but poring over stories and information from the people that knew him, it seems that he was incredibly legit.

IMO in a fight today either would lose in a MMA ring. Not sure how this has anything to do with Politics lol.

White Beard

Lee trained against hard style and soft for his whole life, in addition to distilling his own wushu. Norris is tournament karate. He make have been very good at it, but I doubt he’d even connect in a true fight. How many ways do Lee’s films show him countering a roundhouse kick? His agility and focus would have let him wear ol’ Chuck down...

CaptainDankness

Lee trained against hard style and soft for his whole life, in addition to distilling his own wushu. Norris is tournament karate. He make have been very good at it, but I doubt he’d even connect in a true fight. How many ways do Lee’s films show him countering a roundhouse kick? His agility and focus would have let him wear ol’ Chuck down...

Films, where they take as many takes as it takes to make for a beautiful counter. You know one thing that doesn't happen in real life? In real life you can't hit one guy after another and they just take a nap from the first hit.

It could have gone either way, Chuck Norris was a legitimate proven champion fighter. Bruce certainly could fight but even if he did beat Chuck he'd still be hurting just like that movie they fought in. Lol

White Beard

Films, where they take as many takes as it takes to make for a beautiful counter. You know one thing that doesn't happen in real life? In real life you can't hit one guy after another and they just take a nap from the first hit.

It could have gone either way, Chuck Norris was a legitimate proven champion fighter. Bruce certainly could fight but even if he did beat Chuck he'd still be hurting just like that movie they fought in. Lol

Actors acting...’Return of the Dragon’

Proven legitimate champion of Sport Karate, not a lifelong wushu student. He was as good as he was at what he was good at, nothing wrong with that. I just know who I’d bet on in an all-out fight between them.

CaptainDankness

Actors acting...’Return of the Dragon’

Proven legitimate champion of Sport Karate, not a lifelong wushu student. He was as good as he was at what he was good at, nothing wrong with that. I just know who I’d bet on in an all-out fight between them.

Yet both would have lost to a good Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter. UFC 1 was kind of sad. Lol

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Yet both would have lost to a good Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter. UFC 1 was kind of sad. Lol
Not necessarily! Joyce was a phenomenon, yes but, he never fought anyone like or the caliber of Bruce Lee. He didn't aim for your head, his focus was on the back of your head. The other thing we need to remember was, in those days you were allowed to wear your gee (can't spell it), gives an advantage. OTOH Bruce is well versed in JU-jitsu and then some.

CaptainDankness

As long as you can get close enough and not get knocked the fuck out.

True, but if you look at the history of combat sports there is always someone better. Some may hold a title for a few years but eventually they get fucked up too.

Bruce knew how to fight but he wasn't invincible, he will always be a legend though since he really created mixed martial arts with his Jeet koon do definitely spelt wrong. Lol

But back on subject, Chuck Norris 2024!!! :woohoo:

F

Frylock

True, but if you look at the history of combat sports there is always someone better. Some may hold a title for a few years but eventually they get fucked up too.

Bruce knew how to fight but he wasn't invincible, he will always be a legend though since he really created mixed martial arts with his Jeet koon do definitely spelt wrong. Lol

But back on subject, Chuck Norris 2024!!! :woohoo:

2 out of 3 paragraphs isn't bad :)

X

xavier7995

That was the most 'murica argument i have read in a long while. Ya'll got the glow.

Theres this big girl that works in my building, different company but they are on my floor. Shes loud as hell, 5,2" and 250lbs, constantly outside smoking, loudly curses as part of conversations, etc. Once a week is a glorious day of leggings and this sequin covered flag shirt that just says "murica" in sequins across the back. Its like something out of a USO show, so sparkly. It is ridiculous and makes me laugh a bunch every time i see it.

This chuck vs. Bruce convo is way more murica than that. I am patiently waiting for someone to throw steven segal out there as a contender. I was a van damme kid myself.

White Beard

Only if the “right”-wing paymasters decide they needed an even bigger fake than Norris (ie, terrible actor). I don’t think Chuck E.’s going to be a big factor in the elections...

CaptainDankness

Only if the “right”-wing paymasters decide they needed an even bigger fake than Norris (ie, terrible actor). I don’t think Chuck E.’s going to be a big factor in the elections...

Are you kidding me? Chuck Norris is the man, way more American than Donald Trump. Trump would actually lose if the Democrats got Chuck Norris to run, I know I'd vote Democrat. :biggrin:

But no they have Joe Biden, who has more blood on his hands than Donald Trump.

F

Frylock

That was the most 'murica argument i have read in a long while. Ya'll got the glow.

Theres this big girl that works in my building, different company but they are on my floor. Shes loud as hell, 5,2" and 250lbs, constantly outside smoking, loudly curses as part of conversations, etc. Once a week is a glorious day of leggings and this sequin covered flag shirt that just says "murica" in sequins across the back. Its like something out of a USO show, so sparkly. It is ridiculous and makes me laugh a bunch every time i see it.

This chuck vs. Bruce convo is way more murica than that. I am patiently waiting for someone to throw steven segal out there as a contender. I was a van damme kid myself.

There are a lot of videos on youtube about how much of a complete b*llshit artist he is :biglaugh:

Lies that are demonstrably wrong, he's weird.

'Boogieman'

I'm right outside Gary, Indiana. Once the murder capital of America. And little dinky South Bend just 45 minutes away makes the news lol, get the fuck out of here.

White Beard

I'm right outside Gary, Indiana. Once the murder capital of America. And little dinky South Bend just 45 minutes away makes the news lol, get the fuck out of here.

Is this...in reference to something?
Mayor Pete hogging the TV glory?
Not enough murders in Gary these days?

'Boogieman'

Is this...in reference to something?
Mayor Pete hogging the TV glory?
Not enough murders in Gary these days?

Gary is currently #3 murder capital of America. I grew up in Gary and it was rough. Currently I live in a small town right outside Gary and we haven't had a murder here since the 90's. Gary has a smaller population than South Bend yet many more murders, twice as much in some years.

I could be one of them saying Pete can't run South Bend so who thinks he can run America, blah, blah, blah. I will be real nobody can stop the shit that goes on out here. It's a joke because most people want to get out of Gary and move to the Bend.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
xavier7995;8602833 This chuck vs. Bruce convo is way more murica than that. I am patiently waiting for someone to throw steven segal out there as a contender. I was a van damme kid myself.[/QUOTE said:
i liked watching Bill "Superfoot" Wallace on the tube. he was middleweight full-contact karate champion for 6 years. watched him miss a kick 2 times, setting up the 3rd. kick went by the guys head, then hit him in the back of the head when Bill bent his knee. TIMBERRRR!:biggrin:

White Beard

There are a lot of videos on youtube about how much of a complete b*llshit artist he is :biglaugh:

Lies that are demonstrably wrong, he's weird.

I remember reading that his martial art required an extra to fall properly and immediately...and definitely a worse actor than ol’ McChuck the crime dog.

Latest posts

Latest posts