What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Utterly Wank Coffeeshop Thread

C

Chamba

...i think the gimp´s asleep. You better wake him up then!!!!

chamba passes the ten point pole to icetoker

Real bad one is High Life in Goes, been there a couple of times passing though and between us we bought a bit of most of all the weeds they had.

Travelled around a lot of the Netherlands, usually print off a coffee shop guide before we go, cuts down on the walking ;)

Gastro

i'd still like to complain bout the Greenhouse, I truly do not understand how and why they sell such low quality. Especially when you compare it to dampkring and barney's..

stevebucknor1

This is really amazing and outstanding technique to find out the coffee shop. Here some address of the coffee shops are given and the main thing is that this is the shortest way to find out anything. I really like it and I am really impressed by it.

El Toker

I've just got back from the Dam. I only had a day so I decided to try out a few different types of grass.

I bought from two coffeeshops in the town centre and from two coffeeshops near our hotel a couple of miles outside town near the Van Gogh museum. One of the strains was chocolope another was big bud I can't even remember what the other two were, but the fact was that I was completely unable to tell the difference between them on the basis of appearance, smell, taste or stone. The smoke was mediocre compared with my own home grown and bloody expensive.

I'm convinced that they were all the same strain and probably all from cuttings of the same plant and feel that the whole thing was a rip off.

I'll be going back in a month or so, again just for a couple of days and this time I'll give the hash a try. I can say with certainty that I'll never buy weed again in Amsterdam. I hope I'll have a better experience with the hash.

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Dont get your hopes too high with the hash too....... if you want the good stuff you´ll probably have to get it elswhere than in the shops!!!

the word goes around that the bearded man has the good sticy icky........

peace

icetoker

xxbkrawkxx

I've just got back from the Dam. I only had a day so I decided to try out a few different types of grass.

I bought from two coffeeshops in the town centre and from two coffeeshops near our hotel a couple of miles outside town near the Van Gogh museum. One of the strains was chocolope another was big bud I can't even remember what the other two were, but the fact was that I was completely unable to tell the difference between them on the basis of appearance, smell, taste or stone. The smoke was mediocre compared with my own home grown and bloody expensive.

I'm convinced that they were all the same strain and probably all from cuttings of the same plant and feel that the whole thing was a rip off.

I'll be going back in a month or so, again just for a couple of days and this time I'll give the hash a try. I can say with certainty that I'll never buy weed again in Amsterdam. I hope I'll have a better experience with the hash.

well that must mean uve been to a tourist shop

finding the good places , finds u the jewels !

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
useful thread, thumbs up :kos:

i was disappointed to hear amnesia coffee shop has changed hands. i really like hanging out there, is it still the same inside? can't wait to check things out this year, it's been too long. :bongsmi:

:wave:

filtr0w

my only real problem with the wanker coffeeshops is not bad vibes or bad buds (sorry stupid pun there)

my real problem is

a)the HORRIBLE music that they insist in playing in every fucking coffeeshop ive been to. i mean come on dude, you are full tripping and they play this horrible RnB or cheesy hiphop. There were many times i had to cover my mouth because i was just laughing and there were many times i felt the music was some evil plan to make people just go there and consume and go.

b)there is never a cozy confortable place to rest. all the tables/chairs seem to set up in the most unconfortable way so you cant relax and chill. you are supposed to be ordering one drink after the other and then just go.

so id ask mr wanker, to please play some more interesting music and to please set up a smoking place where people can hang out and relax. i dont mind paying for drinks every fifteen seconds, but hey at least get me a confy chair or something.

JB72

useful thread, thumbs up :kos:

i was disappointed to hear amnesia coffee shop has changed hands. i really like hanging out there, is it still the same inside? can't wait to check things out this year, it's been too long. :bongsmi:

:wave:

It hasn't changed hands but what has happened is Sissy (the owner) got married to Derry (Barneys owner) so the menu is near enough the same as Barneys with 1 or 2 exceptions, I used to love Amnesia but they became really popular really fast and the customer service along with the quality of goods went downhill.

They refurbed the interior as well, it's quite fancy looking in there now.

shims_bro

Yeah "high life" in Goes is shit! I used to live in Brussels and made the trip up to NL on a weekly basis. Rosendaal and Bergen op zoom became a disaster after the mayors decided to take action on the drug tourism... learned this the hard way. Arrived in Rosendaal one morning to find a ghost town (luckily a coffeeshop owner spotted me and helped me out).

Anyway, if you must buy in Goes go to Coffeeshop Aarden, thats a decent place.
Otherwise go to Breda, Pax de Boot has the best haze in southern Holland.

Max Headroom

Veteran
Real bad one is High Life in Goes, been there a couple of times passing though and between us we bought a bit of most of all the weeds they had.

LOL - this was my main shop back in '05 when i spent about 2 months on zeeland. i used to ride my bike from wolphhartsdijk to goes to get stuff. high life was the only one i found. still, weed was decent and i was happy i could buy anything at all :D
good times.

i've been to zandvoort a couple of times and the coffeeshop "yanks" gives off a negative vibe to me. the weed was pretty mediocre as well (except the amnesia haze) - and the menu hardly changes at all.
wouldn't call it "utterly wank" but i've had better.

a pet peeve i have is coffeeshops that have some random tv channel running like eurosport or mtv (yes, barney's lounge, i'm thinking of you!)... jeez, come on guys.. hook up your sound system to a visualization plugin like milkdrop and pump out some 1080p trippyness to your customers! don't rot their brains with goddamn random tv!
/end rant
:D

Gastro

Quality at the moment, is at an alltime low. Ok the highs are still reasonable and the bud looks good, but the flavour and sometimes even the smell can be scarringly generic and nutrientfilled or even unexistent. Two years ago there was still some nice tasting bud to be found, but right now at a lot of shops you won't even be able to recognize the difference between the NL and WW. It's absolutely ridiculous and utterly wank!

Ironeek

Quality at the moment, is at an alltime low. Ok the highs are still reasonable and the bud looks good, but the flavour and sometimes even the smell can be scarringly generic and nutrientfilled or even unexistent. Two years ago there was still some nice tasting bud to be found, but right now at a lot of shops you won't even be able to recognize the difference between the NL and WW. It's absolutely ridiculous and utterly wank!

Sad but true.

Only a hand full of shops in Amsterdam that consistently have very good quality at the moment. Allot of nice import hash around Holland this summer. Bluebird have some nice stock.

Gastro

I think I just found the worst one ever. Greenhouse Haarlemmerstraat, "budtenders" that don't smoke bud.. How the FUCK can they advice you about what you might like or need.. Or tell what the bud is, whether it is good nor not, ("yeah it is all good", wtf, in the magical world of cannabis in Holland, it hasn't happened in the past decade that the entire menu of a coffeeshop was "all good". In all actually, especially in the current situation, it will most probably be "all crap". But then again the budtenders wouldn't know, now would they coz he doesnt fuckin smoke!

Well done, Greenhouse!