What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Utterly Wank Coffeeshop Thread

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
I feel for you jamie.... i still feel violatet after my visit to the dam last july. Cheap ass coffeeshops!!

C

cyber echo

My last visit to the dam a week ago wasn't that great. I decided to check out GreyArea. Big Mistake.

Got ripped off with a bag of LA Conf that wasn't that great to begin with.
GreyBerry bag was wet uncured bud that prolly lost lots of its weight by the time it got properly dried back home.

Big disappointment.

Oh yeah, the last time I got from dampkring. Same issue, wet buds that smoke like shit. Is everyone fucking selling wet buds to make more cash per gram (other than ripping you off with 0.1-0.2 per bag ?) ?

K

Karma Genetics

Its getting to close to Cup time they are starting to safe the best for november. Also there is a market crisis in the scene, Low stocks and high prices.

C

cyber echo

Yep.
The 8eur strains went to 8.5, then to 9 over the past few months. Rising too fast... lots of fresh buds...

Need to clarify, dampkring didn't rip me off with weight per say, but them giving you fresh bud is a ripoff since they weight more than properly dried ones. Their menus used to say how long their shit was cured, doesn't it still now ? Who cares, all lies.

Grey are ripped me off directly with the la conf(finely cured, not THAT good tho)(0.8gr in a gram bag),, indirectly with the greyberry(fresh/half ass dry job...)

ps: After all the hating, have to point out that not all coffeshops have gone to shit :) I still get nice stuff from The Kosbor (in maastricht), never shortbagged, sometimes 0.1-0.2 extra. All the buds are up for display and they weigh the bags infront of you. Clean business here...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
yuss that 7 ton seizure didnt help anything, neither did the big clone op bust :(

Got ripped? Kinda.. I bought some "Cheese" from Double A in Leiden... (the missus brought it home).. it was Amnesia? I mean FFS, how stupid do these people think we are?

*whats worse is last year I offered them Exo Cheese and some other stuff but they weren't interested as the hype hadnt caught on in our town yet... fucking morons

Andyo

Veteran
Why bother?

Why bother?

Ive not been to the dam for years,why bother its worse than ever,
20 yrs ago was ok good hash n bud but now its just mugsville.A

T

Tr33

Starbucks USA for sure, the ultimate in Wanks.
you people have it good over there, here in the US...LMAO!

S

spliphy

good buds only for judges

good buds only for judges

Its getting to close to Cup time they are starting to safe the best for november. Also there is a market crisis in the scene, Low stocks and high prices.

in '99 went to my 1st cup and decided to visit Greenhouse's Tolstraat shop (wife and i even hired a taxi to take us) they didn't let us in to the room as they were to capacity. the budtender said we could buy herb however. i said i would like a pure joint of SSH and as he started to get the buds he asked if we were "judges" i said no and he switched the container where he was getting the buds to roll me my pure joint. after leaving the place I smoked the bud at Sarphati Park near Katsu and had to throw the spliff away as it was horrible tasting. i knew i had been snookered (and this is not the only time i have had a bad experience at Greenhouse's shops):moon:

we headed to Katsu and had a proper high time:)

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
This is why I almost always bring my own supply. Then I'll pop a few nugs to the budtender and ask if they got anything that can compete. They always give me a dirty look and I end up buying a drunk and sitting down to a bunch of curious looks as a "what is HE smoking???" look. Hahaha Amsterdam is alot of fun, but they need to step their game up....

mr.haze420

Veteran
i am smoking mostly high quality import hashes. the weed here is not so good, badly grown, full of nutes, not flushed or cured.

BorgClone

next month im going overthere with some friends and this thread points to a not so good scenario. So outside the already known stuff, what are the really satisfatory shops one should visit?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
of course mate... I meant IC... would be nice to see you (and more from the US) entering :)

lol cheesey said it best... GHS already won HTCC with SLH ;)

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I think the operative word here is: "TOURIST". They can smell ya' a mile a way or more.
You'll always get the schwag unless you know how to coax it out of the 'tenders.
That being said, I've had good and bad experiences at the coffee joints. I didn't think Barney's was too bad, and their breakfast was killer across the street.
Every time I've been in the 'dam, I've always felt that I've had superior nugs in the US and abroad. I come home and get markedly higher, cheaper and cleaner. The true benefit to being in Amsterdam however is the unbridled freedom you have to do practically whatever you want to do. If you wanna get your pole smoked, burn a j and have a latte....you can do that without fear or consequence in a short duration of time happily and easily. You don't have to be a patient, and you're certainly no criminal for that matter.
So, overall: I love the freedom, not so crazy about the entire selection. Amsterdam in general was the forerunner of drug tolerance and legalization since the start....and it gets a respectable place in my memory for that reason alone.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I think the operative word here is: "TOURIST". They can smell ya' a mile a way or more.
You'll always get the schwag unless you know how to coax it out of the 'tenders.
That being said, I've had good and bad experiences at the coffee joints. I didn't think Barney's was too bad, and their breakfast was killer across the street.
Every time I've been in the 'dam, I've always felt that I've had superior nugs in the US and abroad. I come home and get markedly higher, cheaper and cleaner. The true benefit to being in Amsterdam however is the unbridled freedom you have to do practically whatever you want to do. If you wanna get your pole smoked, burn a j and have a latte....you can do that without fear or consequence in a short duration of time happily and easily. You don't have to be a patient, and you're certainly no criminal for that matter.
So, overall: I love the freedom, not so crazy about the entire selection. Amsterdam in general was the forerunner of drug tolerance and legalization since the start....and it gets a respectable place in my memory for that reason alone.

:dance013::dance013::dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts