What's new

~~~The Unofficial 4:20 party 2006 ~~~

G

great

I'm looking forward to seeing all you guy's
please check in with me when you get into Amsterdam, I'm at the shop from 11 am till 7 pm every day

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
flight, judges pass and hotel booked for a month and more now lol. just a pity about the pass.

only 12 days to go!:woohoo:

Last edited:

HashishinReidi

hello folks i will be there with a friend inshaAllah, so gaiusmarius i hope to see you there m8 .And old pink i will be sure to pop by. and tric farmer it will be good to finaly meet you .Gm if you could send me a pm .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey HashishinReidiah mate,

i sent you a pm. can't wait to finally meet. it will be awsome to get stoned together and chat about our favorit hobby. i just hope most people come anyway, it will be a ball for sure. would be cool if good old supa dupa could make it too.

G

For those of you interested in joining me, I will be heading to Keukenhof (huge flower gardens) on the 17th for the annual Easter Parade. Here is the information from the Keukenhof web site:

17 April Easter Parade. Hats play a leading role on Easter Monday as they do during the Easter Parade in New York. How many different kinds of hats are there? Outrageous or modest, serious or comic, charming or sassy �All and more will be on display during the annual Easter Parade that Keukenhof will host on the day after Easter. Participants in this hat contest and parade show off their handmade creations, which makes for a cheerful procession with a sea of blooming bulbs forming an equally colourful backdrop.

- On 17 April, the park will be open at 7 am for early birds to experience in sheer tran-quillity how a day at Keukenhof begins. The sun rises, the birds begin to sing, the flowers open: it�s a feast for the senses. And the perfect opportunity for filming and taking pictures undisturbed.

I'm still researching the best way to get there, be it by bike or public transportation, but anyone wishing to join is more than welcome. Should be a fun day of some great photo opportunities!

Abby :wave:

3legdog

Yes indeed Abby count me in. Sounds like a great way spend the holiday...camera in hand...im in for sure. 3ld

Jahminded

Ronley said:
That sounds Glorious Abby,
Count me in please I would be very happy to accompany you please.

I think that we need to post up notices on a message board at the Boutique, what people are doing,
for example -
tulip cycle with Abby leaving from such a such place at such a such a time...
rjyk museum - at 10:00 on XX/04/2006
Nol at Haarlem 14:00 on the 19/04/2006
Reeferman at XX on the XX/04/2006
Gray area at XX on the XX/04/2006
Barney at XX on the XX/04/2006

etc etc. when ever someone is going to be doing something and it will be nice to meet up after getting the info from the message board.

I think the message board, or some equivilent, would be a good idea. Especially for folks like me and my buddy that only know people online....haven't had the pleasure to meet any of you in person yet. I'm just worried that without the original organization people like me will miss out on some of the finer festivities. I'm really looking forward to the trip.....cant wait to meet everyone there.

R

Ronley

Jaminded,
You have to go to the Boutique and get all the info as to whats happening and when it's happening from there.
Thats my plan.

R

Ronley

Abby Normal said:
For those of you interested in joining me, I will be heading to Keukenhof (huge flower gardens) on the 17th for the annual Easter Parade. Here is the information from the Keukenhof web site:

This is an excellent idea, as I am planning on going there. Only problem is that my flight comes in on the 17th at about 9.am
If you go there in the afternoon, then I can join, if you are planning in the morning then you must go as per plans and I will get there on my own either on the 17th or on another day.

Also what we must not miss, and if you are around on the 21st and 22nd is the Flower parade,.

flower Parade 2006
Theme: Masterpieces

On Saturday April 22nd at 9.30 hours, the annual Flower Parade will leave Noordwijk to travel its 40-km route, along the main roads, to arrive in Haarlem about 21.00 hours. The procession will comprise of 20 large floats and more thans 30 decorated luxury cars, interspersed with marching bands. There will be plenty of space on the roadside for the hundreds of thousands of spectators who always congregate along the route.
Friday evening there will be an illuminated parade in Noordwijkerhout. The parade and floats will also be illuminated in Haarlem on the evening of Saturday April 22nd and thay will remain on view in Haarlem on Sunday till 19.00 hours.

I like the sound of the Illuminated part at night.
here is the website address: http://www.bloemencorso.info/index.asp?lan=en

I would have liked to watch the parade from Haarlem, but it only reaches Haarlem at 20:15 and I leave holland on the 22nd at 21:00 so I cant.

G

The wife and I are definitely interested in joining in, Abby. I have a new flash attachment and the 1 gb microdrive packed up and ready to go....

And from the looks of the 10 day forecast...the rain/drizzle is supposedly gonna ease up and it could very well be a glorious week for bike riding and blowin smoke.

Would anyone like to request anything snack-food-wise from this side of the pond for the munchies that will surely ensue??

G

Sounds great snowblind, should be a fun time at the park! While I plan on heading over early in the day, those of you who would like to join later in the day can meet up at the gardens, we'll designate a time and place for the late arrivals later. Looking forward to meeting you folks soon!

G

That sounds great, Abby. We can devote the entire day and will want to get an early start also. (wake and bake!)

Hey...this is my first trip over...and the wife and I were talking about bikes/bike riding, etc...the gardens in Lisse (Keou-----) etc. so forgive me if I ask a few newbie-type questions here.

I gotta ask this...'cus of the wife/and to avoid any possible :bat:

What kinda distance are we talking about covering here? I understand it's flat...so that's no concern...but the maps we looked at were a bit sketchy and didn't have km...etc. I don't think it's gonna be a problem..but I have to ask just the same.

Also..do you have any recommedations on good places to rent bikes..or are they all comparable? Anything special we should look for/get *if* the bikes vary in type/style...etc...or again..are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks for any info! We'll be touchin down Sat at 7AM! Hopefully there will be a time/place set to meet soon! We're gonna be flyin for awhile to get there and won't have computer access after Thurs PM.

thanks again.

G

Snowblind check out www.ignatzmice.com for all types of info ,redlight and otherwise. They rate; bike rentals,coffee shops, ect. All things amsterdam can be found there.
MOD