What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My recent pressings...

:smoweed:

ps. I have found a spraycan of olive oil and paper towels great for cleaning the press.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
SilverSurfer_OG said:
My recent pressings...

:smoweed:

ps. I have found a spraycan of olive oil and paper towels great for cleaning the press.

Schweet, is that two different kinds of hash there? I notice some are darker then the others.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
SilverSurfer - Fantastic looking pressings. How much heat did you use when making the long one, and what did you use to heat it?

Thanks for posting the shot and keeping the thread cooking. PD

Last edited:

rastamonunika

darkness

darkness

HempKat said:
Schweet, is that two different kinds of hash there? I notice some are darker then the others.

the shading is generally do to the amount of heat applied during pressing.

I believe. I could be wrong tho, so it would be best to hear the answer from the person who made the hash =)

infinite Love
unika

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
iLife - Nicely done! I tried doing the same thing when I first came up with using the clay press. I found that by packing it to the max with well ground premium bud, then adding as much ISO as you can get to soak in, then letting it sit overnight before pressing, worked excellent. I also tried a bit of olive oil which helped, but I liked the ISO results better. Since then, I've settled on just pressing into hash pucks as it works better for long-term storage for me.

Thanks for posting up your method as I never thought to.

Regards, PD

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys. Yup i have used 3 types of bud, Ice, Reclining Buddah and White Rhino. The Rhino is the darkest one and the Ice the lightest. The big one is a mix of Buddah and Ice... didnt need that much heat.

I use my bar heater in my front room. I can kinda hook the press up behind one of the front metal safety bars. It gets just too hot to touch and i leave it there 10 mins or so tightening up as i go.

ilife

Pressing Marijuana??

Pressing Marijuana??

I do not understand why you are pressing marijuana instead of Resin??

iLiFE

C

Chamba

HempKat said:
Those stash boxes with screeners are nice for helping to seperate seeds and stems from the stuff you want to smoke, but their screens are usually too big for good hash making. You should be using a 110 mesh silk screen which, to give you an idea, that mesh is so fine that when looking thru the screen you can't see thru it.

Gypsy's dual screen stash boxes are a combination smoker's boxand dry sifting box ...they contain a 120 (lines per inch) mesh and 145 mesh screen frames.

these are the ideal mesh sizes to use for making the highest quality dry sifted hashish!..the secret is when to stop!..use a magnifying glass to help!

check them out

http://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?cPath=22

and

http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=1002&b=15643

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ilife said:
I do not understand why you are pressing marijuana instead of Resin??

iLiFE

I use an electric grinder to seperate the resin from the vegetable matter. The resin sticks to the roof of the grinder and around the spinning blade on the bottom. If the bud is nice and dry (i freeze it too) the seperation is really good and the lightest hash i made with this method.

I also have a screen to get some shake.

HempKat

Veteran
Chamba said:
Gypsy's dual screen stash boxes are a combination smoker's boxand dry sifting box ...they contain a 120 (lines per inch) mesh and 145 mesh screen frames.

these are the ideal mesh sizes to use for making the highest quality dry sifted hashish!..the secret is when to stop!..use a magnifying glass to help!

check them out

http://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?cPath=22

and

http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=1002&b=15643

Yeah but for the average hobby grower that's way too small. They're nice looking and would be good if it's the sort of thing you process as you go, meaning you break some buds up and then collect the resin right after. When I make hash I'm processing the trim of 10 4' bushes worth of buds. It would take forever with that. Plus in US dollars it's pretty pricey. I can buy equivilent mesh screens that are 2' x 2' pre-streched on nice sturdy frames able to take alot of abuse, and still be a good bit less then that price. The 110 I got is like that and cost $25 and can process the volume I do fairly easily in a few hours time. To do my last run in something that small would take me about a week non stop.

The boxes do look very nice though and from the pictures seem to be well thought out. My biggest concern would be are the screens sturdy enough to handle the frequent rubbing and pressing and scraping against them? Anyway it's the kind of thing that if you got the money and are into it it's nice to have, like having your own humidor <sp?> This is the perfect accessorie like if you want to have all your smoking related stuff confined in one nice neat package that is easy to conceal or transport. The problem for me is that while I'm into it I can't afford stuff like that. There are other things that can serve me far better with that money, better nutes, more light. To me that's kind of like a volcano, something that is also very nice and top of the line for what it does and way too expensive for me. I'll never own stuff like that unless I win the lottery or someone gives it to me. That's okay because as nice as those things are they don't really suit my needs, so there's no regret in not having them.

C

Chamba

hemp kat...don't compare a tractor with a pickup!(or a screen printing frame with stash box) ......one is built for a specific purpose and the other is multi-purpose..but you are right, a large size screen is essential for processing large amounts....

and I own the current dual screen frame stash box...the screen frames are alot more solid than most of the screen printing frames I've seen, the dual frames are connected with magnets, the frame sides are much higher than on screen print frames and the bottom of the 145 mesh frame is elevated off the collection plate so the kif falls through.

a screen printing frame can be modified for effective dry sifting..it's just a matter of building up the sides and adding 4 slats of wood to the base, have a piece of glass cut to fit and then add a fitted lid if you are a "shaker"

anyway for those interested...check out the stash box thread....there are several of the previous stash box models that have a larger mesh area

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35821

and Hemp kat if you collect all your rough kif that falls through the 110 mesh and then run it through the 125 and then the 145 mesh you will be improve the purity out of sight.....vibration works good when re-sifting rough kif through meshes that are under 145 in size......

110 mesh are great for making dry sifting...this is a mesh size for getting quantity.....but more often than not the loose resin requires heat and pressure to form into a solid hash as there is a high percentage of plant matter mixed in with the resin

if the 110 loose resin is sifted over a 125 ~ 145 mesh then it will press easily into a solid form with 10 seconds of thumb pressure

vibration by itself is not effective when using 200 mesh (or finer meshes),a combo of vibration and carding works wells as does just carding the kif back and forth to force through the broken plant material and trichome stalks through the fine mesh.

Last edited:
C

Chamba

That's okay because as nice as those things are they don't really suit my needs, so there's no regret in not having them.

you're not still using a magazine or frisbee for rolling jays or packing a pipe are you?

i consider a Gypsy stash box to be essential for all smokers...everytime you break up a bud, pack a pipe or roll a jay a little gets lost...a stash box saves resin..and looks great too

it locks so the wrong people cannot open it...and all your smoking tools..lighter,pipe, grinder, your bud, etc are located in the one secure place

breaking up bud on a newspaper or whatever is like eating off the floor......i use my Gypsy stash box every few hours every day!

happy dry sifting!

HempKat

Veteran
Chamba said:
That's okay because as nice as those things are they don't really suit my needs, so there's no regret in not having them.

you're not still using a magazine or frisbee for rolling jays or packing a pipe are you?

i consider a Gypsy stash box to be essential for all smokers...everytime you break up a bud, pack a pipe or roll a jay a little gets lost...a stash box saves resin..and looks great too

it locks so the wrong people cannot open it...and all your smoking tools..lighter,pipe, grinder, your bud, etc are located in the one secure place

breaking up bud on a newspaper or whatever is like eating off the floor......i use my Gypsy stash box every few hours every day!

happy dry sifting!

No, I have a small metal dish/tray I use to break bud up on. This tray fits nicely into the fire resistant lock box I use for my stash. I break up just what I need for the current smoking session. Some resin does fall off but trust me, it finds it's way into the bowl from the tray. I only break up what I need at that time which doesn't take much.

As for rolling joints I use a rolling paper, weed and my fingers. Oh and a little spit at the end. :)

If the stash box only cost $50 at most I'd likely get one but it appears they cost twice that which is just too much money for a stashbox IMHO. My lock box has a stronger lock, is fire resistant and likely bigger, has handles and only cost me $30. It doesn't have the screen though but since I got that covered other ways it's no big deal to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts