What's new

The traitor within?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Beard

Ouch!

Ouch!

No source of power is 100% safe. The greatest source of power in this universe is the sun. The sun will one day destroy everything in the universe. So solar power is without question the most dangerous power source. As technology advances we will find new solutions, but they will still have risk.
That’s gonna leave a mark, right there.
Are these statements intended to be facts?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I work. I vote (not for lesser evil). I grow a considerable portion of my familys food. And I have raised 4 kids that also think freely and are ready to see this broken system either repaired or replaced. I hope you are old. I keep telling my friends maybe this next generation will be ok when the last one cannot make it out to vote.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
No source of power is 100% safe. The greatest source of power in this universe is the sun. The sun will one day destroy everything in the universe. So solar power is without question the most dangerous power source. As technology advances we will find new solutions, but they will still have risk.

roflmao!

lol, thats sneaky, hehe. but of course it's a straw man. otherwise we could say, it will all end some day anyway, so why bother doing anything for the planet.

as batteries get even better, the sun will be more and more viable. where i live the power company and the water company will use the sun and wind to fill up a reservoir lake in the mountains, then t^when power is needed at night they let the lake start draining through energy producing turbines to the bottom lake in the valley, this then produces all the power needed when there is a slow down of input or a heavy use period is predicted.

packerfan79

Veteran
roflmao!

lol, thats sneaky, hehe. but of course it's a straw man. otherwise we could say, it will all end some day anyway, so why bother doing anything for the planet.

as batteries get even better, the sun will be more and more viable. where i live the power company and the water company will use the sun and wind to fill up a reservoir lake in the mountains, then t^when power is needed at night they let the lake start draining through energy producing turbines to the bottom lake in the valley, this then produces all the power needed when there is a slow down of input or a heavy use period is predicted.

Nowhere did I say stop developing new technologies. I am all for alternative fuels, just not under the jack boot of the government.

You should look up straw man, because you don't know what it is.

packerfan79

Veteran
I dont have an economy or a president. I live free of your mental roadblocks. Try it sometime.

You are in a fantasy land. The economy affects every single person in this country. From the panhandler on the corner, to the President and everyone in between. Denying reality is not free of mental roadblocks.

The vast majority of this country is doing much better now than they were 3 years ago.

Hey Taco, I usually don't mind the back and forth with you. But you at least have to admit that reality exists.

Watch out guys Taco, has now become free from the mental roadblock that is sanity.

His fingers are firmly planted in his ears, and he's rocking back and forth chanting he's not my president. Ha, Ha.

HE IS IN FACT YOUR PRESIDENT.

Gry

Veteran
The reality is their are externalities in all forms of energy. Other than nuclear, possibly hydrogen, oil creates the most energy for the price. At least here in the states where the taxes are relatively low.

Nice to see a more realistic description of our taxes for a change.

packerfan79

Veteran
Nice to see a more realistic description of our taxes for a change.

I am not saying they are low, just low relative to the places in Europe and others ,where gas is 10 bucks a gallon. You know those places where the average person will never own a car or a home.

Gry

Veteran
Packer, I very much hope that there will be a time when you can make it over to Europe so that you can see on a first hand basis, just how rough they have it.

The pivot point at which solar became less expensive than oil, went by several years ago.

W

Water-

I am not saying they are low, just low relative to the places in Europe and others ,where gas is 10 bucks a gallon. You know those places where the average person will never own a car or a home.

how far from the coast do you live?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You are in a fantasy land. The economy affects every single person in this country. From the panhandler on the corner, to the President and everyone in between. Denying reality is not free of mental roadblocks.

The vast majority of this country is doing much better now than they were 3 years ago.

Hey Taco, I usually don't mind the back and forth with you. But you at least have to admit that reality exists.

Watch out guys Taco, has now become free from the mental roadblock that is sanity.

His fingers are firmly planted in his ears, and he's rocking back and forth chanting he's not my president. Ha, Ha.

HE IS IN FACT YOUR PRESIDENT.

I hate too be the one too break it to you sir. You do seem nice and well intended. But the fact is you have been fooled by those you support. They dont love you. They want your monthly payment and obedience.

Do yourself a favor. Turn off the fox news. Eliminate all processed food from your diet. Quit alcohol if that applys. Eat tons of vegy and drink dechlorinated water. Last of all find some LSD or mushrooms. Eat alot. Microdoses are not enough for most people.

After you can decifer what Im trying to get at. Stop by and burn some organic herbs my friend.

packerfan79

Veteran
Packer, I very much hope that there will be a time when you can make it over to Europe so that you can see on a first hand basis, just how rough they have it.

The pivot point at which solar became less expensive than oil, went by several years ago.

I am not claiming that Europe is a giant slum. Their are many beautiful and historic places in Europe, I would love to visit. I am sure their are many great people. I just don't believe the high taxes are the right way to go.

The only reason Solar became cheaper is due to taxes. It's artificially cheaper, you still pay it just in taxes and administrative costs. Most people don't know that 41% of American taxes are spent on collective those taxes.

America is fundamentally different from the majority of the world. We were founded on the freedom of the individual. The founders fought the greatest empire of the time over a tax on tea, so you think those men would be ok with 60% income tax. Not a chance.

I

Ignignokt

When you said the sun will destroy everything in the universe, it all started to make sense....

packerfan79

Veteran
I hate too be the one too break it to you sir. You do seem nice and well intended. But the fact is you have been fooled by those you support. They dont love you. They want your monthly payment and obedience.

Do yourself a favor. Turn off the fox news. Eliminate all processed food from your diet. Quit alcohol if that applys. Eat tons of vegy and drink dechlorinated water. Last of all find some LSD or mushrooms. Eat alot. Microdoses are not enough for most people.

After you can decifer what Im trying to get at. Stop by and burn some organic herbs my friend.

Mabey you should take your own advice. You seem to be a parrot for MSNBC. Don't drink, I eat fairly well, grow plenty of great herb, I do eat some shrooms on occasion. I get it you think I must be strange because I don't think just like you. The thing you don't get, is I like it that way. I have always been different than most people. You can either fight it or you can embrace it. I embrace it. :biggrin:

The difference is I don't try to prevent others from speaking, or call people stupid because they believe different from me. To be fair the moderators here are pretty fair about it. I know plenty of conservative people get kicked off twitter and Facebook for shit lefty's do on a daily basis.

Microdoses are ok during the week. But if you can't hear the colors you ain't eating enough.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I dont have an economy or a president. I live free of your mental roadblocks. Try it sometime.

G `day BTF

Do you pay tax ? [Inc VAT .]
Do you have car registration ?
Where do you go if you , or one of your family falls ill ?

You are part of the matrix even if you deny it .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It matters not to me what you identify as, what diverse political or religious ideas you may like or have nor what gene-pool you were spawned from...

We should all celebrate that we are all different and have the ability and facility to debate about it here, whatever side of the tracks you hail from...

Wouldn't it be kinda strange if we all agreed on everything all of the time? Luckily most all of us have individual sovereignty over our own lives ....and can make some choices in today's world that our forefathers could only dream of.

Mabey you should take your own advice. You seem to be a parrot for MSNBC. Don't drink, I eat fairly well, grow plenty of great herb, I do eat some shrooms on occasion. I get it you think I must be strange because I don't think just like you. The thing you don't get, is I like it that way. I have always been different than most people. You can either fight it or you can embrace it. I embrace it. :biggrin:

The difference is I don't try to prevent others from speaking, or call people stupid because they believe different from me. To be fair the moderators here are pretty fair about it. I know plenty of conservative people get kicked off twitter and Facebook for shit lefty's do on a daily basis.

Microdoses are ok during the week. But if you can't hear the colors you ain't eating enough.

W

Water-

I am not claiming that Europe is a giant slum. Their are many beautiful and historic places in Europe, I would love to visit. I am sure their are many great people. I just don't believe the high taxes are the right way to go.

The only reason Solar became cheaper is due to taxes. It's artificially cheaper, you still pay it just in taxes and administrative costs. Most people don't know that 41% of American taxes are spent on collective those taxes.

America is fundamentally different from the majority of the world. We were founded on the freedom of the individual. The founders fought the greatest empire of the time over a tax on tea, so you think those men would be ok with 60% income tax. Not a chance.

the "founding fathers" were extremly wealthy people that didnt want to pay taxes to the government and would benifit greatly if they could act on their massive land claims beyond British colonial borders that they were forbidden from exploiting by the British government.

nothing new there.

I think it may have more to do with taxation without representation in government that was the driving force for the common farmer or fisherman to rebel.

of course not everyone agreed.

the town I grew up in was loyal to the crown because it was better for them to keep the trade deals with the UK than to leave.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
They ran those Red Coat loyalists out of my home town and chased them all the way to Nova Scotia.

Gry

Veteran
They remembered that, and returned burning down DC.
Were it to be done again today, I have little doubt that each party would compete for broadcast
rights to the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.