What's new

The "Totally random stuff that serves a growroom purpose" thread

growshopfrank

Veteran
bicycle hoist- for adjusting the height of large reflectors they sell for around $10 and with a small mod they work very well with large hard to handle shades

10cc syringe- perfect for metering out small measures for example my tap water needs 2cc of 85% phosphoric acid to reach a PH of 5.5 per 20l with a syringe and a 20l carboy I don't need to use a PH meter just 2cc of acid and fill the carboy with water bang instant make up water with no muss no fuss

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
So I am experimenting with a new watering technique (peat base custom grow mix) that seeks to capture a specific amount of water runoff in the saucer--I discovered a something better than a turkey baster to remove the water for the saucer...a dollar water toy called "H2O Blaster".

You see, a rule I invoked years ago when I had Root Aphids is to: prevent, at all cost, cross contamination between containers. So, when emptying runoff from the saucers I decided to play it safe and replace "dirty" saucers with clean ones. Nice...but someone now has to clean stacks of saucers.

I tried attaching a hose to shop vacuum, worked great...but messy to clean up; much easier to swap out saucers...but then I found a 24" tube-like water toy at the dollar store. Think jumbo syringe....dip the end in water and pull the handle/plunger and water fills up the tube. Compared to the "turkey baster", the H20 Blaster has better suction, more volume, easy to clean, and much easier to use--24" tool means no more squatting or moving plants that are out of reach (back saver!).

I originally bought this for my dogs a few months ago (they love water--and all water toys)...but, then I had a brain fart and now it is a garden tool. Think I will pick up a few more at the dollar store before they run out....as it probably is a summer item.

Btw, those are not my kids--but you get the idea of size of the "jumbo syringe".
picture.php

Boob McNoob

Tales from the Garbage Heap

Tales from the Garbage Heap

My efforts have evolved by making use of what is on hand and re-purposing to suit my needs; simple extension cord with two socket adapters and two splitters gives me an easy 4-bulb array that can be hung and adjusted with a folder clip (stabilized with criss-crossed zip ties), like an earlier post in this thread, I have multiple wall units that I've rewired for plug in that I hang with chains (currently used for augmenting the perimeter with CFL for my HID flowering room) / a heavy duty rolling garment rack has been enclosed to create a mobile sprouting and veg station / shelf organizers have been refashioned to act as light and fan hangers to maximize all potential in closets / oscillating fan is put to use as a light mover by connecting to hood with pipe cleaners / and my personal favorite and proudest is that I've had the opportunity to perpetuate my system with unintentionally seeded crops generation after generation, thus creating my own "strain" Chupacannabis.

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Ze future.jpg
    Ze future.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3

snooze

50cc Nylon reusable syringe, with a 6 inch 12 gauge needle. Easy to get exact measurements for nutes, and no more fiddling with the bottle to get those last drops, 6 inches will get you to the bottom of the bottle. 12 gauge will suck up even the thickest liquid ferts. Needle is $16, syringe $16. They make larger syringes, but thats the largest needle I've found. 10 gauge would be even better, haven't found that yet though. Lasts for YEARS.

Also Air-O-Swiss portable humidifier, you screw a water bottle to the top and you get a humidity boost. Great for your clone and seedling cabinet, very compact.

Attachments

• 6 in needle.jpg
    6 in needle.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 50cc syringe.jpg
    50cc syringe.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
  • air o swiss.jpg
    air o swiss.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 7

RonSmooth

Veteran
50cc Nylon reusable syringe, with a 6 inch 12 gauge needle. Easy to get exact measurements for nutes, and no more fiddling with the bottle to get those last drops, 6 inches will get you to the bottom of the bottle. 12 gauge will suck up even the thickest liquid ferts. Needle is $16, syringe $16. They make larger syringes, but thats the largest needle I've found. 10 gauge would be even better, haven't found that yet though. Lasts for YEARS.

$32 for a syringe?

They'll give you oral syringes at most pharmacies if you ask. They are commonly used to administer oral medications to infants.

If the 5mL ones are too small, get a large animal syringe (farm store/online/grow shops) with no needle attached.

I have a 50mL without a needle and 1/4" spaghetti tubing fits perfectly over the tip for sucking up the end of a bottle.

I think it was $3.99

the gnome

Veteran
chrikey mate!! $16 is way too much,
i have a box of fifty 60ml plastic syringes, paid $25 on ebay years ago.
go to any feed and seed and you get em for a buck or two.
I use a length of aquarium tubing in mine

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts