What's new

the swamp...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
at what ratio do you mix your hydrogen peroxide ???
I buy the gallon jug which is 29% solution...my ratio is 1 part 29% h2o2 to 10 parts water...basically I replicate what the store bought mix is...far cheaper...I add a drop of dawn dish soap as a surfactant in veg but not in flower...you end up with soapy flowers...when I treat I saturate the plant, top and bottoms...just like you would if treating for pests...

kevinn

I buy the gallon jug which is 29% solution...my ratio is 1 part 29% h2o2 to 10 parts water...basically I replicate what the store bought mix is...far cheaper...I add a drop of dawn dish soap as a surfactant in veg but not in flower...you end up with soapy flowers...when I treat I saturate the plant, top and bottoms...just like you would if treating for pests...
So you are basically spraying store bought 3% at full strength

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
So you are basically spraying store bought 3% at full strength
Correct, it’s too expensive to buy those little bottles so I just buy the gallon and it last me a lifetime. I’m not sure what Subbie is referring to about the soap, but I don’t use any when I spray for flowers, but I do I spray with soap in veg, which is hardly ever… i’ve discovered that the strain legend OG loves to produce mildew so I’m phasing it out… basically going to stay with a three strains that seem to make me happiest… I can also report that the wild lettuce extract that I have been taking has become an every day regimen in my preparation to go to bed. It reduces the pain and inflammation on my belly and it also makes me sleepy. I can’t smoke but about a half a joint of the truffle treats when I go to bed, its my second favorite strain

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
While I was feeding the flowering girls earlier, I just reached up to pinch one of the mini buds that are forming at four weeks and boy am I happy with the sticky fingers I’ve got. The one on the left is girl crush, and the one on the right is cap junkie cross with Rosetta Stone. I know what the crush will do, but I’m eagerly anticipating trying the junkie cross. They both smell divine.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 25

oldmaninbc

While I was feeding the flowering girls earlier, I just reached up to pinch one of the mini buds that are forming at four weeks and boy am I happy with the sticky fingers I’ve got. The one on the left is girl crush, and the one on the right is cap junkie cross with Rosetta Stone. I know what the crush will do, but I’m eagerly anticipating trying the junkie cross. They both smell divine.
On the blow up I can see the shiny crystal, looking good, as usual.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I took my seven plants I have in flower outside for their regularly scheduled maintenance which in my case means spraying the plants with potassium bicarbonate. I can’t seem to shake the powder mildew. I’ve got such a light dusting where it seems to be under control by spraying just every 10 days… all the plants in the tent were bone dry and it’s fairly easy to tell the way all the leaves are grouping. I’ll give them two hours and they will look as a vital
IMG_2662.jpeg
as they ever have.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I was just doing the math on the days that the plants have left and they’re just hitting five weeks now. I don’t know how long I’m going to run them but at five weeks they are looking pretty happy… this is the first time I’ve run any of the cap junkie strains and I’m looking forward to seeing what they produce. I tried some quite a while ago and I was very impressed…

OleReynard

I took my seven plants I have in flower outside for their regularly scheduled maintenance which in my case means spraying the plants with potassium bicarbonate. I can’t seem to shake the powder mildew. I’ve got such a light dusting where it seems to be under control by spraying just every 10 days… all the plants in the tent were bone dry and it’s fairly easy to tell the way all the leaves are grouping. I’ll give them two hours and they will look as a vital View attachment 19012252 as they ever have.
PM tough to shake, it's in your fans, in your exhaust tubes, In your lights, on your walls, floors

I had the shit once couldnt get rid of it, wiped me out it just so coincided with me moving.
Replaced everything haven't seen it since.
Tried everything dawn dish soap, h2o2, milk, Sulphur, something with Sulphur in it expensive shit, smelled like a sewer dept.

Got into a clone ring had all the latest greatest not worth it if it comes with disease and or The Borg.
I swear some people have no scruples.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I spent a little time cleaning up in the flower tent, and I noticed that the girl crush which is the first picture is very very thick and extremely sticky. The plant to the right is cap junkie X Rosetta Stone and I think that’s just as sticky or stickier than the girl crush, I went back to my original Fertilizer formula because I see a nitrogen deficiency in my plants so I went back to General hydroponics that I’ve been using for 24 years… i’ve got five truffle treats plants that I upsize from a 1 gallon to a 2 gallon pot. I will put them in bigger pots as time and room permits and then get them in the flower… other than a sore back, growing in it, a tent is not as bad as I thought it would be compared to where I’ve been… I still have another 4 to 5 weeks on these plants.
IMG_2672.jpeg
IMG_2673.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I took the girls outside today to strip out all the leaves that are not needed to spray them for powdery mildew. Two of the plants were bone dry and partially wilted, but they’ll pop back after they get fed. This is my favorite strain of all times, girl crush.

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpeg
    IMG_2684.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2683.jpeg
    IMG_2683.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Plants look good @Boo, sorry about the pm. Should get something from it tho.
Thanks, bro, I washed them three times today with a strong hydrogen peroxide solution, which will kill the mildew, but it doesn’t stop it from coming back. If you stay on it every few days, you don’t lose any of your crop. Forget it for a few weeks and your crop goes in the garbage can.

oldmaninbc

Thanks, bro, I washed them three times today with a strong hydrogen peroxide solution, which will kill the mildew, but it doesn’t stop it from coming back. If you stay on it every few days, you don’t lose any of your crop. Forget it for a few weeks and your crop goes in the garbage can.
Is it because of high humidity and the spores that all ready exist, that cause your on going problem?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
yessir, the spores are in the fans, ducts, lights, everywhere...I grow inside so the humidity isn't all that bad...a maintenance program of spraying keeps it at bay...forget it for a few weeks and it's all over...so far it's been a pain but the program is working...

oldmaninbc

yessir, the spores are in the fans, ducts, lights, everywhere...I grow inside so the humidity isn't all that bad...a maintenance program of spraying keeps it at bay...forget it for a few weeks and it's all over...so far it's been a pain but the program is working...
It's a shame all the extra work is required but if that's what it takes to get it done right, that's what it takes.
The good thing is you have it under control.:) The crop looks very good otherwise.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
life is full of challenges...I've been thrown curve balls all my life, I've tried to learn from each one and have been mostly successful...don't forget, even after the best planning, shit happens...

kevinn

I spent a little time cleaning up in the flower tent, and I noticed that the girl crush which is the first picture is very very thick and extremely sticky. The plant to the right is cap junkie X Rosetta Stone and I think that’s just as sticky or stickier than the girl crush, I went back to my original Fertilizer formula because I see a nitrogen deficiency in my plants so I went back to General hydroponics that I’ve been using for 24 years… i’ve got five truffle treats plants that I upsize from a 1 gallon to a 2 gallon pot. I will put them in bigger pots as time and room permits and then get them in the flower… other than a sore back, growing in it, a tent is not as bad as I thought it would be compared to where I’ve been… I still have another 4 to 5 weeks on these plants. View attachment 19014165 View attachment 19014166
Are you having trouble keeping the temps down. I am

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
oh Good no, my a/c guy is coming over tomorrow morning to tweak my zone unit properly attach the air feed hose...last guy used duct tape in a hot florida, not very bright...I have a rheostat on my air feed duct and motor so I need to dial it down...I'm wondering if the cold will slow the PM down......it's not close to severe but a general pain...