What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the swamp...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
welcome to the swamp...I live in a semi tropical area surrounded by incredibly big swamp lands...got a huge gator out back and as long as he's there we don't have an issue...I'm beginning a grow with seeds I popped a few weeks ago...typical scuff the shell, peroxide dip, and into a damp paper towel in a tupperware...all popped within 36 hours and all made it into soil...the beans I'm working with will be culled so only the strongest and best structured plants will go to flower due to room limitations...strains are as follows...
lemon betty x tk
thin miints tacos
gch x g13x bsh
g13 x bsh #3
bling blaow x truffle treats...
none have been sexed to it's a crap shoot...I'll post pics from my phone, the "cloud" is angry with me...:rolleyes:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Seems pretty happy in there…

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 66

MarineOne

I saw the title and wanted to see a grow in the swamps
But I see you are inside, every grow out in your swamps? I have a large sump need me that stays wet all year long and would like to plant a few G-plants myself. I will pull up a seat if I may. Sounds delicious.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I prefer to grow inside due to the amount of humidity and bugs that are in my world. This thread will be about a lot more than just the plants in the tent and thread drifting is encouraged… I’ve popped seeds that were 10 years old that were stored in a cabinet with no refrigeration, and about 50% germinated but it’s important to scuff the shells so you can weaken the seam… I know folks who live out by the water who plant plants in foam rings, and as the tide goes in and out the water gets the roots wet… I prefer to stay indoors, where I have more control over the elements and less exposure to law enforcement…😉

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
My flower tent has been going for a few weeks now and so far everything looks very vital and healthy. I have been plagued with powdery mildew for well over a year and have shut down for six months because of it. I’m doing everything in my power to make sure I don’t have that issue again… all the plants have a very nice structure and I’m working with some nice strains…
IMG_2245.jpeg

MarineOne

Man I need to have speaks with you, I posted a thread on how to pop old seeds and many told me not to bother. 50% germ rate , darn good , and secrets you can give to get mine to pop?
Mine were stored 20 to 10 years old now. In a cooler in a cool basement cooler was airtight.
What do you think my chances are I can get half to pop?

OleReynard

Man I need to have speaks with you, I posted a thread on how to pop old seeds and many told me not to bother. 50% germ rate , darn good , and secrets you can give to get mine to pop?
Mine were stored 20 to 10 years old now. In a cooler in a cool basement cooler was airtight.
Throw a handful down and see is the only way to find out, just do it.
Might surprise ya, I work with 20 plus year old seeds myself.
I keep mine in the freezer thou

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
my 50% success was mostly luck to be honest...old beans can dry out and there's nothing that will bring them back but do try...I'd scuff the shells by rolling up sandpaper and lining it to fit a prescription bottle...obviously have the 60 grit facing inward...rattle the beans until the seam is white...dip them in hydrogen peroxide from the grocery store full strength...let them soak for 36 or more hours and then place in a damp but not wet paper towel...if the magic is gonna happen this is how I'm play it...

SubGirl

420club
I saw your thread on the old seeds. I think you should try to pop them and see what they do. I don’t agree with those that said don’t bother.
I’m growing some old seeds now and all of them popped. I start mine in a glass of plain water. The next day once they sink to the bottom of the glass I put them in wet paper towels in a zip lock bag in an oven mit and let them sit a couple days in a warm area. I put mine on my hot water heater which stays a bit warmer. Usually in a couple days they have tails and are ready to be planted. Some start them directly in soil or in peat pods but I found they do better starting them in a glass of water for 24 hours.
I think your chances are pretty good for them to pop as long as they haven’t gotten wet.
go ahead and try it. Maybe use boos peroxide method for an extra boost and like he said scuff them up a bit before starting may help.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
you're looking at the gardener...I've done all the landscaping of my 10 acres and hand built my home but that was 23 years ago...I no longer have the ability to do it all over again...my back hates me...I still do all the maintenance with help from a buddy or two...I' building another garden for tropicals, 125' x 200'...thank God for tractors...
Ivan is a German Shepherd from east Germany...he's a wicked little guy

Latest posts

Latest posts