What's new

The Super "Super Auto" Test Grow Thread

SHIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear about your shim. At least you are diligent and you caught it before it ruined your smoke.

dargo

picture.php

Lume

Ahh! a hermi....qwik cut down and away....it might'v let some dust off already,they turn so fast and burst sacs ,sacs with a pistol little longer. :yoinks:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Dam man, Shows theres Hermies in their lines, That aint good, Their strains are so far the best in my Garden, they are growing faster than anything else & are blooming faster too, bastard bro, i hope that dont happen to mine. I know you Darg, it aint from any stress you'll have caused so its a strong trait in the line by the looks of it, bad News, ill be keeping a close Eye, although the only thing i can think of is the lower light regime they are on as apposed to 18 hours of light minimum being nearer optimal, not sure if that would cause undue stress tbh, Mmmm, maybe someone like Stitch or another AF Breeder can Chime in and put us straight on that very issue bro!

Tests ive seen on IC have shown 20 hours of light a more optimal regime for AF's, i think that varies from AF to AF! Thats what ive seen anyway!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there ScrogerM!
I share your views about the lower light regime...if these beasts are super-autos makes sense to me that when they feel that the light regime is not enough for their needs they just start showing their hermie traits. Am i making any sense or i am alone on this one? ;)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Its strange because its not like hes sprung this light regimin on them, they've had it from the beginning in the greenhouse, so its wierd, be good to hear some breeders thoughts. Its like the only thing out of place there, but would that cause stress? IDK!
I hope there's not alot of hermie traits in their lines, i think the breeders would have tried to minimise these traits too.

*stitch*

Hi there

Hi there

Hi dargo

well as usual i can just observ the same story with u all the time, i mean that u got many growing troubles with fem seeds and many times they turn hermies... Maybe u'll need to changes ur ways to grow coz it is not normal that u got so big hermies ratio!
Ok seeds can got such genetical stuff, but not in every batch of seeds that u grow my friend! So look closely to ur growing technics.

Take care

dargo

Hi stitch thanks for dropping in :)

Do you mean that fem and reg beans need to be treated differently? like grown in different ways? like you said the only hermies I have had is from fem beans so if im doing something wrong someone please tell me as I have been treating my fem beans the same as my reg beans. also the other annapurna is starting to hermie all over, like with the nirvana sky I have them both in different mixes, 1 organic 1, non organic both hermies. I water/feed using rain water, I have plenty of other strains on the go in there from seedlings to nearly harvest and nothing has thrown out even a single banana.

I would love it to be my fault as it means I can put it right, so anyone with any sujestions please fire away.

stitch do the super autos nirvana sky and annapurna share any genetics?

Lume

Hermi-ness gets added to the chosen female that isnt hemi showing,by a male.......maleAF turn hermi more% older age,like after useful dusting weeks,not most but some do ,....1 of my creative AF mixes had a male turn hermi after the spewing,,resulting in close to 50% hermi/males/dwarfs,,couple hundred bns affected.
Had only ---1--- AF female that turned hermi with sacs after 5-6wks in......so... some males that look like the best choice for a duster can be the culprit hermi starter ...Learn to give the male a longer life assuring no hermi-ness before using it.:watchplant:

scaryt

Hi guys I am very interested in the super autos and I have been reading all of the forums here and I am very impressed with what I see. I am curious to know has anyone tasted the final product on the nirvana sky, number 1 or annapurna and if so how was the taste and high. Would also like to know the yield I know it is different for each grow

Scrogerman

Veteran
Sorry Darg but im 99% sure its nothing youve done mate! Its ok for people/breeders to summise/guess your at fault, but ive been watching you closely, PM'ing you all the time(sorry abt that)with questions etc, & for the life of me i cant think of a single thing you have done wrong. Your not moving them about-ie Up & Down to cause gravity shift, which can also cause stress are you, i cant see why you would do that anyway! your feeding Canna & there sitting in fertile compost mixes etc, na mate, its nothing youve done, that leaves the Line itself. its gotta be hard to get rid of the hermie trait anyway & you cant just say, "Oh its the breeders Fault" can we, maybe but its part of it all. Its just one of those things buddy! These things happen! I bloody hope mine are not going to do it, ill be watching closely! Good Luck with the rest bro!
Personally i dont think its fair to say its something youve done or your tecnique, 'do what you do mate', you do it well my friend, & your other produce looks pukka too, vegtables/fruit etc.
Peace.......Scroger.!

mrtank

bad luck on the hermies mate! very cool grow i'll be following this to the end... as long as I can remember! best of luck buddy! :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
its all your fault dargo your a shit grower lol (joke)

a lot of femized autos do have the lady ga ga trait i shelled out on 5 femized auto bluberry seeds and 2 out the 5 went tits up or should i say balls out,

i vowed never to buy auto fems again and just stick with regs i know that dont apply here cause the seeds are only sold as fem but you get the jist of what im saying

you could just pick the balls off as and when they appear or you could of used dutch master reverse either way yield and potency is always gonna be effected from hermie plants.

obviously british summertime is drawing to an end so its a bit late to do another outdoor seed run on them due to the 12 week grow period of these things

id kill the lot of them but thats just me being a ruthless cnut lol

peace

dargo

Il update with photos and replys in a bit, but for now....

Il start with some good news (as the hasnt been any for a while)
I got some more purple mazar and speedy g's on the grow, I think I got 4 girls and 1 boy off each, so makes up for my shit luck before.

The single Jet 47 (out of 12) is starting to beef up, she has a different smell everyday but I havnt caught a wiff of the widow yet :(

and some bad news....

My FEM!! number 1 (the only one that lived) is a male!!!! no hermie, just male, so out of 4 FEM!! beans I got 1 male and 3 no shows....

back after dinner....

JimmyWie

hey, i had the same with my auto blueberry! i got 2 , both should be fem. But turned out 1 male and one was female. So i crossed them and now i have 120 reguluar seeds.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hows about harvesting the pollen off the number 1 and spreading it on some mi5 ladies in future grows :)

every cloud and all that

peace

dargo

smaller nirvana sky

picture.php

larger one

picture.php

Bottom right is Annapurna, to her left is the large nirvana sky and then the smaller nirvana sky

picture.php

Jet 47

picture.php

Purple Mazar

picture.php

Number 1

picture.php

mrtank

wow the nirvana sky's look amazing :) looks like they are gonna give some monster yields. I'm annoyed now I didn't try the super autos this year, however the ladyboys and full blown male are a big disappointment... I find it very hard to believe they were caused by anything of your doing. I thought Stitch was being a wee bit cheeky laying all the blame on you lol

*stitch*

well done!

well done!

hi dargo

well finaly i can see that you could get some good results with ur plants super autos...
mrtank, if u don't know genetics i can understandlol, but you see my friend we play with genetics all the times and there is a frontier whioch is very fragile when we do fem seeds... so it can also depend on the ways that we grow plants, to help her to develop or not some hermis.
The problem can be due sometimes about stress, ph water problems etc..., so that's why I was telling to dargo to check very well what he is doing in his grow cause many parameters can be source of troubles.

Take care

Stitch

C

ChynaRyder

Exactly why I wont waste my money on this crap...It is clear to me that Dargo's plants are well grown, and showing ZERO stress...all these lines are rife with hermies...Its SELECTION, stitch...not the grower here.

Shame really, that frame shows potential...