What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This is the open-air house I helped my best buddy build for himself, far back in the jungle of Panama..This is in 1998..

Only accessible by small boat, it is 10 miles from the nearest road or electricity...
A 100 lb. propane bottle was used for cooking on an old, cast iron stove top.
(We had intended to eventually install a couple propane lamps for night use.)
Tiki torches for night time lighting, running water collected up the hill in a 500 gallon tank which is set in a tiny stream bed..
The structure on the right side is the open-air kitchen, connected to the house by a wooden bridge...
The thatch roof was done by professional native-indians who he hired.. The thatch is almost 12 inched thick..Completely waterproof..

It was very nice and peaceful and quiet out there, with lots of exploring to be done.
You just had to be wary and careful of the fer-de-lance snakes..
Howler monkeys in the trees at the perimeter of the clearing, and wild parrots flying along the shore of the salt-water lagoon would awaken us each morning at sunrise with their chatter...

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man what a blissful spot! I wanted to ask you about this "a friend's spot" you mentioned at an earlier point and I have to confirm my initial reaction at the time:
FAR OUT!!!
CC