What's new

The Sun affects our weather??? Oh Noooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Really??

Come on Really????

When scientists themselves are obviously skewing results to satisfy political agendas you still can't see the forest through the trees.

Maybe there are no trees left you your neck of the woods due to........ wait for it......... wait for it......... man made global warming. LOL.

And you thought the science of global warming isn't political. It's been political since it's inception. Only true believers can't see what's right in front of their face.

I didn't say the debate hasn't turned political. Al Gore, wealth redistribution and suggestions that science is a belief system are old hat.

More old hat is science warning of the dangers of mass-produced poisons and the affected, special interests kicking-and-screaming all the way to the negotiating table.

These guys go to bat every time they profit from disaster. Lord Monkton use to shill for big-tobacco. Remember that rotund, southern gentleman that tried to suggest the oil spill is actually good for ya? Just don't wash your face in it.

Science wasn't bashed when super-fund was mandated because industry hadn't learned to take their politicized case to a public that isn't wholesale, professionally educated in areas like this.

If there's one thing I've learned from three years of IC argument, science advocates basically understand that climatology is often a work in progress yet suggests evidence is overwhelming. The other side is 100% convinced to the contrary, despite the inarguable fact the Earth is warming faster than nature can explain. Unfortunately for 100%ers, peer-review isn't part of em.

G

greenmatter

Wheres that Al Gore? Lemme at him! :hotbounce

Clipboard0132.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

i nominate disco for photo of the month!!!!!!

i love this shit. ......... i just wish it was solvable ! it was easier when 99.98% of the people thought the world was flat. they were all wrong but they were not bitching at each other.

C

CLOWD11

I'm not suggesting that man has no effect on the planet, but to suggest that rising CO2 concentrations will cause global castrophe is absurd.

Why do you claim that solar cycles are responsible for our climate variation then? Using those antarctic ice cores actually shows much slower rates of change than what we are experiencing today. Doesnt that fact shatter your fairytale opinion?

Venus has rampant global warming because it's atmosphere is almost 95% CO2. Here on Earth...0.04% Man made CO2...less than 10% of natural CO2 or 0.004%
Thanks for sharing.

You really think reducing and taxing man-made CO2 will save the planet?
Some people actually understand what the tax will do. Our carbon tax starts july 1 2012 and is calculated to hit consumers with a 0.7% cpi rise. The effect of taxing carbon will be to accomodate closing down of wasteful power generation while fueling investment in clean energy which will in time create a whole new industry. The co2 saved from our tax by year 2020 will be the equivellent of taking 45Million vehicles off the road. Not worthwhile you say?

Water vapor makes up 95% of all greenhouse gases when adjusted for heat retention characteristics. Natural CO2 is just over 3.5% and man made CO2 is less than 0.12%.
CO2 has been scapegoated because it's the easiest tax scam to perpetuate.
The politicians and talking heads cant pull that stunt with water vapor, because they know they would have their asses handed to them by the populace.
Id like to see you eat a cake with 0.12% arsenic.
When you start talking about politicians and conspiracy theories concerning taxing polution, we know your quite easily distracted from the scientists who have formed concensus and actually know wtf is going on.
Id suggest saving all that knowledge and wisdom for a worthy cause, i hear they have located bigfoot and are looking for some grey aliens to help capture him, maybe you could sign up.

bentom187

Veteran
"Thanks Sandman, I had not read that (if I did, I forgot), and I consider myself well read on physics.
Imma read up on that."

well my friend physics dictates that their is cause and effect,wich means since humans are here there is a effect of our presence on everything we contact. (directly or indirectly)
what is our effect on using fossil fules ? not messurable ? isignifigant ? it is what we read ? well just take a messure of whatever culprit you or others suspect and then multiply it by the number of humans.
then you will have a mesure of effect, minus the necessities we need to live.
if the nessecities are less than the culprit then we can say destuction is apon us.
so necessities are X culprits are Y and the result is Z. so X -Y =Z you just have to make sure the values are correct and verifiable through experiments and observation.
also clearify what it is you want to accomplish,is global warming real ? or is your question is it man made? or is it a natural cycle? give somthing for people to debat specificly. politics aside.

this was a offer to answer your own question ,not to make contriversy,or arguing points.

not weather we can all hold up to your copy and paste theroy

i dont think anyone benifits even superficially and i hope this gets binned.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to agree with relatively the same. I've since come to the opinion that conservatism and conservationism are unrelated. That's no suggestion the two together are ironic. Teddy Roosevelt was an environmental conservationist [and] political conservative.

Generally speaking, conservatives shun the changes that conservationists seek.

These days, the only thing ideologically conservative is no compromise.

Fascist have kidnapped the GOP and the Democrats as far as I'm concerned. Vote Ron Paul.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we know your quite easily distracted from the scientists who have formed concensus and actually know wtf is going on.

The old "consensus" argument. Banished because you aren't part of the "consensus" lol. That's the worst argument ever IMO. Consensus is a synonym for "the herd." Be it scientific or economic, "the herd" is usually proven wrong given a long enough time line and usually runs off a cliff together.

I'm not convinced about AGW. I've certainly never liked running with the herd. I look at this issue as critical because it's important from an economic and environmental standpoint to manage resources and waste in a sustainable manner.

And just because I'm not a AGW "believer" doesn't mean I'm a religious nutjob. That is a ridiculous stereotype and conclusion jumping. I'm agnostic. Not that you said that just addressing the issue before it's brought up again.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
does our perception affect our reason ?!?!?!?!?

And yes Virginia! The sun affects weather as does man kind. The EFFECT however is cumulative.

Notice the deft and most proper use of effect and affect above

Affect Vs. Effect

affect means influence not complete cause and EFFECT

All of this dances around the issue that in the last hundred years we have used millions of years of non renewable solar energy in the form of fossil fuels; if we continue on this path we will be forced back into a solar economy which will result in awfulness, whether or not releasing this spent energy in the form of gas emissions into the atmosphere is significantly effecting our planet, we do not have endless sources of fossil fuels and we need to plan for a drawing down in the amount of available energy resources.

Last edited:

grapeman

Veteran
does our perception affect our reason ?!?!?!?!?

And yes Virginia! The sun affects weather as does man kind. The EFFECT however is cumulative.

Notice the deft and most proper use of effect and affect above

Affect Vs. Effect

affect means influence not complete cause and EFFECT

So Mr. Semantic, please address the OP and tell us why the "consensus" scientists can't or won't account for cosmic rays?

Or is that over your head?

grapeman

Veteran
All of this dances around the issue that in the last hundred years we have used millions of years of non renewable solar energy in the form of fossil fuels; if we continue on this path we will be forced back into a solar economy which will result in awfulness, whether or not releasing this spent energy in the form of gas emissions into the atmosphere is significantly effecting our planet, we do not have endless sources of fossil fuels and we need to plan for a drawing down in the amount of available energy resources.

Gee I dunno. I thought we just found the largest oil reserve on the planet in the Dakotas. As yet untapped.

I say use it all. That will buy 50 to 75 years for alternative energy sources to mature and become viable.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Modern human extinction scares:
Population Bomb, starvation/crowding -1940s to 1970s
Silent Spring, DDT -1960s & 1970s (outlawing DDT killed millions)
Global Nuclear War-1950s thru 1980s
Global cooling, Ice Age/starvation -1956 to 1977
Hole in the Ozone layer, caused by CFCs, 1970s & 1980s (We now know that the Ozone changes were notcaused by human CFCs)
Nuclear Winter,nuke-caused ice Age -1980s & 1990s
Asteroid Impact-1930 to present (a real, but remote risk)
Global Warming-1929 to 1969 and 1987 to 2003
“Climate Change”-2003 to present

Modern human health scares:
BPA-2007
Alar-1989
Ebola-
AIDS
Flesh Eating Bacteria
Chilean Grapes
SARS
Vaccines causing autism-1998
Pressure treated wood or CCA-2003
Mercury in tuna-2002
Red Dye number 2-1976
Saccharin-1977
Almagam in dental fillings-1990
Asbestos in hair dryers-1979

Keep running with the herd, sheeple.
Baaahhhhhhh

Galileo and Copernicus were shunned for proposing a heliocentric universe. The church of AGW is similar to the Catholic Church of the Inquisition. Lock 'em up in the basement if they dont agree.

grapeman

Veteran
Modern human extinction scares:
Population Bomb, starvation/crowding -1940s to 1970s
Silent Spring, DDT -1960s & 1970s (outlawing DDT killed millions)
Global Nuclear War-1950s thru 1980s
Global cooling, Ice Age/starvation -1956 to 1977
Hole in the Ozone layer, caused by CFCs, 1970s & 1980s (We now know that the Ozone changes were notcaused by human CFCs)
Nuclear Winter,nuke-caused ice Age -1980s & 1990s
Asteroid Impact-1930 to present (a real, but remote risk)
Global Warming-1929 to 1969 and 1987 to 2003
“Climate Change”-2003 to present

Modern human health scares:
BPA-2007
Alar-1989
Ebola-
AIDS
Flesh Eating Bacteria
Chilean Grapes
SARS
Vaccines causing autism-1998
Pressure treated wood or CCA-2003
Mercury in tuna-2002
Red Dye number 2-1976
Saccharin-1977
Almagam in dental fillings-1990
Asbestos in hair dryers-1979

Keep running with the herd, sheeple.
Baaahhhhhhh

Galileo and Copernicus were shunned for proposing a heliocentric universe. The church of AGW is similar to the Catholic Church of the Inquisition. Lock 'em up in the basement if they dont agree.

2 things. You forgot "Bird Flu", and you should never eat Chilean grapes when you can reach for US grapes. LOL

grapeman

Veteran
If we are so lucky as to have all of our engineer friends find an answer so soon, I pray for it everyday.

Yea - engineers are in big demand today. My kid just graduated from engineering school and had 5 offers at @ $100k 4 months before graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts