What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The strain that got away....

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
We have a list, of greatly greatly missed strains that were lost for one reason or another... the worst losses were due to mislabels, really hurts...

-Skush
-APi
-Schrom
-PK
-P91 (oh those days in SD :) )

plus others

I'd be pretty pissed if I lost Schrom too, its some of the most unique stuff I've ever smoked.

talktosamson

Veteran
I had 4 years ago what I believe to be the best Blueberry pheno I have come across in 15 years of looking. It had the smell, the taste and the look. Truly unreal bud that made truly unreal concentrates. I would give my left nutt to have her back....Grew it outdoors and it looked like indoor!!

picture.php

Kalyx

The list is long for me, when I took a break from growing years ago I gave away the moms I had and all my old seed stock. I would do just about anything to have my old Sensi-Star mom from the pre-2k stock and my SAGE mom from the first release. Sadly both the people I gave them too lost them within a couple of years. Giving away the seed stock I had might have been the stupidest decision made. Wish I still had the rest of my Sensi-Star and SAGE beans not to mention all the others. The only saving grace is I still have a pack of my pre-2k Jack Herer stock from Nirvana. I had grown out both the Sensi and Nirvana Jack back in the day and the Nirvana stock was by far better. Other moms I really wish I still had, 90's aK-47 cut, pink pez. Then I cant for get my BOG Lifesaver from 2002 stock, she was a runt plant that didn't yield crap but tasted like Booberry cereal. She had one of the heaviest hitting stones I have ever experienced, one of the most potent plants I have ever smoked.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Pure Thai - It was my first indoor grow. Took more than a month more than any of the many others I had. Trippy and speedy weed. I let it go for the sake of money. I thought it would always be around since I got it for at least 15 years straight before that year. Turned out, that was the last year I got Thai Stick.

Train Wreck - Not the famous one. This was some freaky plant that finished in 5 weeks. Users named it train wreck, because it made a big impression. I think it may have been auto flowering. I let it go because no one liked the grassy taste. I was super powerful.

Pine Cone - Great taste, very powerful and energetic, shitty producer of beautiful buds.

Seeing God - Very good and spicy tasting weed that finished outdoors by the second week of September. I'd sure like to have it as a breeder these days.

Neville's Haze - Truly trippy and euphoric freak pheno. Best weed I ever smoked. Pitiful production indoors. Grow it for 16 weeks, and get a half ounce. Looked like a terribly low yielding version of Dr. Grinspoon.

Now I'm bummed. This thread sucks.

StoneyK

Veteran
I had the most amazing nevils haze I grew from a bagseed of the best nugs ive ever hit 3 people 1 bowl we laughed so hard it hurt....
I left for a week with some friends and my mom and my unce stripped my mother clean IN VEG and smoked it up...
I was like WTF!!!!!

nukklehead

Cosmic nights (sensi star x NL 5) was a freebie I got way back when.. out of 5 got 4 females, cloned it a couple times then bought more seeds letting her go thinking to myself "aww these were freebies.. there has to be much better strains out there that I can PAY for RIGHT?? "

Rarely, but sometimes you dont get what you pay for, you get more, and dynamite comes in small packages, and all the other sayings... blah blah blah..

Just like life and women,, wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then.. against the wind brothers.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
This sick, chunky, frosty, rank, hefty gal called Rosetta Stone. Will be butt hurt over her loss forever.

JointOperation

I had the most amazing nevils haze I grew from a bagseed of the best nugs ive ever hit 3 people 1 bowl we laughed so hard it hurt....
I left for a week with some friends and my mom and my unce stripped my mother clean IN VEG and smoked it up...
I was like WTF!!!!!

ya my favorite lost that was a fuck up on my part was OG Kush..

a friend gave me a cut off his outdoor plant.. and it lasted like 2 days.. then wilted and died.. this was early into my growing .. so i had no clue how valuable it was.. and or how to care for clones at the time .