What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The strain that got away....

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Back in '98 I germed a mix pack from Bros Grimm. Out of four females there was a busty short chick that didn't throw many branches. The resin was insane and the whole plant just oozed appeal in every way.. The plant finished at a friends and I never was able to get a cutting... Boo

I

im me

my beloved jolly roger not jolly rancher. it had the most amazing melon taste and smell and a soaring sativa high i miss that amazing plant.

Last edited:
Super Lemon Haze, my number 2.... Ice hash tasted like those lemon bars grandma used to make, buddies used to tell me they preferred it to cookies....

Moonjuice5050

I haven't lost any yet, but I threw my east coast diesel into flower after taking two clones one didn't make it, the one that did, my cat bit the top off after 4 weeks of veg, so IM gonna try and revegg the one I put in flower, I've never done it before, God damn cat! Haha I hope,to God this plant revegg's she is def clone only ecsd

Hamburglar

I almost lost my Critical Jack Herrer a few months back. Mother was suffering in Hydro and the clones I took of her didn't root :(.

Luckily I had trimmed her a few days ago and put the clippings/branches in the fridge to feed to the rabbit over the next few days. Found 4 healthy looking branches and put them into peat pucks.

Got that 1 lovely CJH in hydro vegging away nicely now!

well for me i can think of 3 off hand.
1)sensi star pack was bought in 98 or 99. almost every plant that germed and was female was wicked with this strain i had really 2 phenos.
1 would grow as a single stalk plant with some but very little side braching.2 was a much busier plant.
so i just kept 1 of each as they were all so close. they were both super potent tric bombs that would stink up the whole room 2gr in a baggie in ur pocket everyone with in 12' of you new you had it.
loved that strian and i personally perfered the busy pheno same the knock out stone seemed alittle stronger on this 1 and it had more trics not to say the other pheno didnt.
raw potentcy and real strong smell ive not found any strain to macth it not even the kushes ive had.
ive tryed just buying more seeds from paradise but have never found these super phenos.
others on the boards say shes the same sorry i dont agree i believe luc either changed it on purpose.
or he lost 1 of or both original parents.
dont no ive tryed a few packs since and never been able to find a keeper.

2) ak47 from the late 90s had a real nice keeper for years. same thing as above buy more seeds but things just dont seem to be the same.

3) had a killer bubbleberry it was some very tastey very pretty bud shit the leaves around wk 8 12/12 would actually turn black some blue but i mean alot of them would be black.
was well liked in my circle.

these are 3 that i lost over the years that jump right to mind and wish i still had most strains i get today are judged against these.
of coruse i still find keepers i just find myself compareing to these in my own mind lol

guy fawkes

Veteran
i used to have a awesome pheno from head seeds g13 x sour d, made superb full melt dry hash and even better bubble, the taste of the buds was pine diesel with hints of sour scream, she had that og mouth coating effect and a very potent heavy but yet heady high.. tbh im suprised no ones re made it and also a pheno JLP mississippi mud that had was probs the best tasting weed ive ever had,
i miss them :(

OneRedCup

Juliet

Juliet

Mine was a certain pheno of juliet (c99 x nycd) from JLP years ago. That shit was amazing. Tried to reveg her, but it just didn't happen. C'est la vie.

There is a super tasty and good yielding cut of Juliet from JLP spread around the front range of CO. Been running it for years and she has achieved permanent status in the garden. Love it!

Easy7

Veteran
All the strains I lost were not that great. I was buying sativa strains when I really like indica. The lur of reading the boards I guess. There are lot's of good old school strains, quite pricey though. I am not into much of the new stuff. There are some new hybrids that are just old school hacks. Landraces are good too.

talktosamson

Veteran
Diesel pheno of the original Bog LSD, the taste, the smell, the yeild were there and unmistakable. Only herb to ever give me visual hallucinations. Also had a chemo strain from Arcata back around 2003 that I would kill to have back again. Was almost too strong, if that's a thing

theJointedOne

Veteran
orange crush

nancy botwin (although i know i can get her if i desire ;) )

Red Dragon (UP's cut)

SSSDH (cut from a friend, about 100x better than the shire, luckily i have tons of seeds i made with her)

a lot more but those are my top 4

I really miss the OG Kush seeds I got from seedsdirect by Orgkid.
It was the tightest bud, strong lemon fuel scent and sugary as hell.

codger

My Original Daywrecker mom.
Got her from a friend in NY several years ago ,she made me some fine ass smoke for a long time till LEO got her. That was the one I miss the most.:comfort: