What's new

The Stock Market Just Shot Itself In The Foot

Blazned

Care Free 1 said:
Hi Blazend
Sorry, but the way I see it is, when the financial institutions that have the money that drive the economy are in trouble, and are in need of a bailout to keep our economy alive, I think we need to do this. Dont you think a depression hurts the average american? Study the history of the 1930's.

if that happened that would be bad, but thats not going to happen in this case because of all the stop gaps that have been put into place in our market system, it cant happen, study the way the market is regulated now. they will shut it down before they let that happen. anyway we went to war and shot right out of the depression and what do you think they are planning now? peace? i doubt it. i dont need to study the '30's i have for a long time, i just know its coming no matter who or what they bail out and it wont have anythng to do with this bailout, you need to study recent history and study up on all the executive orders that gives the president dictatorial powers in case of a national emergency and see what else they have planned. ive read them all nearly, and its scary what they have planned. like fema taking control of all local law enforcement under the charge of the attorney general of the us who will answer directly to the president. like how because of various bills passed recently that the "writ of habeus corpus" has been done away with, which is the basic foundation of any modern free society. learn what these things mean and you will see that to bailout or not to bailout doesnt really even matter, they got much worse up their sleeves, but they not going to pull it off until they transfer a bunch more wealth into their hands, it didnt quite work out the way they planned this time, nor did 911, so they have to try again. its coming soon, another "attack" but it will be much worse this time, they might pull off the "national emergency" that gives the president near total power and have their instant marshal law. keep sleeping maybe you'll sleep through it. and no im not crazy, i just know some things you dont because i actually read the damn bills that congress passes often, when it restricts my freedom in anyway that is. the executive orders are even worse, they are illegal to start with but that doesnt stop them from enforcing them they have the power curently. so they can enforce them, just like the tax laws and property tax being completely illegal, but dont pay your taxes and see what happens. sorry im done :rant:

Blazned

Care Free 1 said:
Hi Blazend
Sorry, but the way I see it is, when the financial institutions that have the money that drive the economy are in trouble, and are in need of a bailout to keep our economy alive, I think we need to do this. Dont you think a depression hurts the average american? Study the history of the 1930's.

anyway, how do you figure borrowing more money(creating more debt) to throw at a problem that was created by borrowing too much money is going to fix anything? kind of chasing our tail on that one. not to mention the money they printing to help with hte bailout is inflating our already feeble and inflated dollar.now im done

Blazned

Care Free 1 said:
Hi Blazend

1 more thing, it could be argued that those institutions are not driving our economy, mom and pop businesses are driving our economy. but you will disagree so go ahead im really done.

icough2getoff

The problem with the bailout is we don't even have $700 million. We're already $9 trillion in debt, and borrow $3 billion a day from foreigners. Chances are they wouldn't borrow money from foreigners so they'll just go to the Federal Reserve and print the money out of thin air. All that does is dilutes the money already in circulation, literally stealing value from every dollar we have. It's a very deceptive and sneaky way to tax. More inflation would make this inevitable recession even harder and longer on Americans.

This country does need this to wake up. Our addiction to endless spending and credit expansion is like a heroin addict craving a fix.

If there's one guy we should listen to right now, it's David Walker, head of the GAO, basically our accountant for our country.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs

Last edited:

Hovz

bounty29 said:
Maybe they shouldn't be having kids if they can't afford to feed them. Oh no, that's not reasonable... :jerkit:

That's what all that welfare money is for! I know people who deliberately didn't get married so they could get a welfare check and live together with kids. That's besides the point.

I've grown tired of these people skimming their livings off the top of the money generated by the lower and middle class working Americans. We deserve that money more because its our time, sweat, and effort spent keeping this country going. To give these people 700 billion dollars would be nothing less than a slap in the face to someone who works every day. The housing market is way over inflated and it was inevitable that with everyone trying to cut their living out of others hard work, that the burden on the average citizen would become too much and the system would fall apart.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I just read on marketwatch that the 777 point fall today that was precipitated buy failure to pass the bailout bill of 700 billion is approximately 700 billion in lost value.

Curious is'nt it that if the 700B that congress would give to wall street would only make up what was lost today.

Talk amoungst yourselves.

minds_I

the bill failed in the house today. they wanted us to foot the bill instead of the fuck ups in high places. they were gonna try to raise payments on existing home owners in this bill. in 95, they eliminated welfare for the able bodied person. now they want welfare for corporate america. bernanke and paulsons solution is to print more money, and distribute it like a money helicopter. bear stearns, aig, washington mutual, lehman brothers, fannie and freddie, where does it end? wednesday, they should have a bill that makes wall street suffer from their greediness, instead of us. the house was flooded today by a shit load of people demanding a better solution.

Here's why Americans are revolting over the Wall Street rescue plan.

It's not that taxpayers refuse to dig deeper to avoid an even bigger catastrophe.

It's that they're all puking over the notion that it's the same bums in Washington who caused the mess by allowing it to fester who are now demanding their money to fix it.

It's like the criminal who breaks into your house, hurts himself, then sues you for damages.

But in an economic meltdown like this, people don't have a choice but to feel the fallout of their government's incompetence. This is especially true where factories are shuttering and neighborhoods are going into foreclosure.

And when taxpayers are suddenly told that the government will clip them for an additional $700 billion to clean up a mess it made, voters tend not to forget.

There's no doubt the Government will have to interven at some point, to stop this crisis. The thing is, it needs to be at minimal cost to tax payers. It would make more sense, to only guarantee a bailout loan, instead of buying the bad paper, and own it. I'm sure backdoor deals are being made,as you read. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Since when is the government responsible for holding the hand of the private corporations of it's country? The government is 100x as large as it should be, and it reaches a bit too deep into the taxpayers pockets, for all the wrong reasons.

Z

zoolander

Will this is hurting my mom and pop bizzness at the moment but time will go by and things will turn around I'm sure

green_grow

Veteran
the sky isn't actually falling . google black monday 1987 . most of us were alive back then and life went on. the "crash" was of similar proportions and the market slowly rebounded. the reasons for the crash arent exactly the same this time around, but greed and fear havent changed much in the last 21 years. all the finger pointing and hand-wringing is missing the point of Rosys original post, which is : if you have some cash on hand, this is a good time to buy some equities . didnt warren buffett (aka "midas") just invest a few bucks of his own in goldman sachs ?
buy low, sell high.

No it is not a good time to buy stock, the market will go down some more awaiting Government actions. I work around some multi-millionairs, who invest in, stocks, bonds, real-estate, ect. Right now they are cash, on the sidelines. waiting to see what happens. Warren Buffet has made a few mistakes in the past, let's not judge his recent financial move as brilliance just yet.

Last edited:

funker

the deal buffett got in goldman is not available to the average investor...he got preferred stock with a guaranteed 10% dividend, he got to pay $115/share when it was trading higher, he also got warrants to buy more stock at $115 for the next 10 years and i think they have to buy his stock back from him at a 10% premium if he wants out...

i say don't buy any stocks until they come up with a bailout or it goes down another 10-15%...even if they do get a bailout together that's no guarantee they won't have another meltdown when the christmas retail season sucks and people continue to lose jobs going into next year...

E

eLiguL

bounty29 said:
The stock market drop today actually wiped out $1.2 trillion of market value.

The money just changed hands it wasnt lost. Usually when there is serious economic turmoil, great wealth changes hands.

C

CMoon

ban cars and make everybody whos able ride a bike = no middle east war + massive climate purification= an healthier world :jump:

ok dont bite me its only an idea :muahaha:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
bounty29 said:
The stock market drop today actually wiped out $1.2 trillion of market value.

eLiguL said:
The money just changed hands it wasnt lost.

Changed hands? Was it even there to start with? Much of those $1200 000 000 000 000 000 were never assets, bills in some crack hoe's stocking, they were supposedly floating around in cyber space, simply estimated values of an over-evaluated market.

Last edited:

maryj315

The only reason those people were able to get loans was because the interest rate was kept lower than the inflation rate. made money available to everyone for cheap also over inflated or entire economy and tanked our dollar. if you throw money at it price of oil goes up and will eat any gains made. i also think there will be a bail out as soon as the democrats take almost complete responsibility for it so the republicans can run against it in the next election.

Latest posts

Latest posts