What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Skunkdawg Clone

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Crazy hearing about outdoor talk this time of year, shits cold as hell here brrrr...looking good GS definately look like you have the OD process down packed :tiphat:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Not all things Maui that are passed as Dog or Skunkdog are actually the specimens of Dog and Skunkdog. It's unfortunate, but that how things go on this island. If there is Dog or Skunkdog in the mix, no matter how far back, the boys will just call it Dog or Skunkdog without any reference to it being a cross. Welcome to Maui hahaha

There is a clone being sold and passed on Maui Oahu and Big Island and it's made it's way to the mainland being called 'Skunkdog' and it is not THE Skunkdog, but A 'skunkdog'.

It has similiar traits (that it pulls from the Skunkdog mom) including the weird thumb leaf and pink hairs. However, it also pulls some traits from the "father" including leaf structure, increased nutrient uptake, increased stem strength and the most easily identifiable paternal trait is the smell - the lemon pine aroma (there's no lemon or pine in the Skunkdog mom - indoor outdoor hydro organic doesn't matter the method there's no lemon and pine aroma she's all Skunk nasty).

The "father" was a Dutch Treat that had a branch go hermie and that pollinated the Skunkdog that was growing next to it in Pukalani.

If you have a "Skunkdog" that is not everwhelmingly nasty, but has a pleasant and familiar lemon pine fragrance... let me introduce you to it's real identity:
Lemon Skunkdog

It's a good plant
Gets you high
Actually has a palatable flavor
Sturdier branching that doesn't flop as hard
But it's not an heirloom at all.
It's 3-4 years old.
It's pretty good pot but it's not on the same level as the elite stuff
But it's got Skunkdog in it...

I attached a picture for documentation purposes of THE Skunkdog and "a Skunkdog" aka Lemon Skunkdog in veg mode. These were rooted at the same time.

On the LEFT is THE Skunkdog
Notice the leaves... a lot of 3s!!! That's from the Dog mother, which is a Chemdog S1

On the RIGHT is LemonSkunkdog aka "a Skunkdog"
Notice the leaves... a lot of 5s!!!
There are some 3s in there but there's a difference you cannot deny.
If you know Dutch Treat you can see it.... even if you can't see the Dutch... you can still see the difference!

Know your plants.
Respect your plants!

Attachments

• IMG_7688.jpg
    IMG_7688.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 67
Super Informative Post Greyskull! I've Been Curious For A Long Time Myself and Even More So Recently Since Its Been Popping Up All Over Social Media. Glad To Know The Real Facts ��, Awesome History! Hope To Try A Real Specimen One Day!

Latest posts

Latest posts