What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Skunkdawg Clone

oldhaole

Veteran
Sorry Grey.....You knew I'd pop up here.

Sorry Grey.....You knew I'd pop up here.

Skunkdog....this is the ONLY plant that consistantly checks all the boxes.

She roots easy.

Grows fast. Lots of bud sites. Lots of branches. If you don't top the shit out of her and leave the bottom branches intact (unlike some people here that will go unmentioned) this plant can be finished to full half lb yield in a little over 100 days.

Bugs just get stuck and die on it. Too much resin.

Averages about 60 days. Week less in Winter, Week more in Summer.

Since this strain has been here for a long time it has developed a natural immunity to mold and rot. I have run Skunkdog thru two solid weeks of rain outside, and had very little mold. What mold does form is located in one place and is easy to remove.

Mold will not rip through Skunkdog. It moves slowly.

Yields heavy. Unreal heavy. Over Summer 10 -12 ozs a plant is average. Added bonus is the sugar trim will yield twice the oil of almost any other strain. The Skunkdog plant on the right yielded 10 ozs of corn and 20 grams of wax.

picture.php

picture.php

Skunkdog has been here forever. I first saw it here back in the late "90's. It has a very distinctive taste and look that is easy to remember. Many consumers remember that taste, and when they find you....

Lets just say there is a certain loyalty that goes along with Skunkdog. It is the one strain that almost everybody knows and requests. Once it is in your line-up, chances are you will do what I am doing.

My entire garden is now pretty much all Skunkdog. And Gogi, but that is for another thread.

Not to say that Skunkdog is God's great gift. There are a couple of problems.

Skunkdog needs support. Almost always need to be tied up.

Sorry. Should have said one problem. I really can't think of any other drawbacks.

Ohh. One more. When you run out and have to go back to the brand X all your people will be unhappy.

oldhaole

Veteran
Does SkunkDawg give a summer crop or does she make it through the long season for an october harvest?

Definitly a summer crop. Here in Hawaii our longest day is 13 hrs. 26 min. This photoperiod is a hair or two too short, it won't put a Skunkdog, or for that matter any clone, into a full vegatative state.

Of course that doen't stop those of us that want big, from hanging a light above your clone inground....any way to extend the light for that extra few hours. Seen that done with not the greatest results.

The way I do the Skunkdog clones is 24 hour light for the first thirty to fourty days. At nite CFL's and the good old sun durring the day. Haul 'em in and out each morning and evening. Once the plants start scraping the lights, out they go, for good, in the dirt..

Give or take, two months after they go outside.... Pau. Done. Harvest. Rinse. Repeat.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I'm familiar with interrupting the dark cycle in order to extend the vegetative period, I was just wondering if the SkunkDawg could handle the lower light hours you guys get down there...

Curious if she'd still flower with 14.5 hours

if so , then I wouldn't need to pull a tarp to black her out....

Casper808

Ey brah u know I gotta say something yeah?first off brah dat bus is all Paia bay and only get hippies and windsurfahs datside.anytime I go down all see is nature cyborgs hoppin around from Paia to wailea to kihei to kula and beyond ,stop any kine place dey like.
Haha but no joke Skundawg is da bes all around from start to finish and everything in between.yeild,rooting ability,resistance to anything,and sellability.forsures get a few dat smoke as good,Pog is one.hp13/ Maui dawg and gogi is right there.but all around bes fornows.
Grey dats all for now keep on keepin on.got nuttin but love for ya.
"everyone wants to go to heaven,but none of us wanna die"

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha but no joke Skundawg is da bes all around from start to finish and everything in between.yeild,rooting ability,resistance to anything,and sellability.

thats the truth
ill put skunkdawg vs the best ogkush, best chemdog, best whatever... it'll hold it own

love this plant!

paper thorn

Veteran
Great plants for a great place. Love the weather you guys have. funny to have stuff start flowering soon as you put it outside.

oldhaole

Veteran
I'm familiar with interrupting the dark cycle in order to extend the vegetative period, I was just wondering if the SkunkDawg could handle the lower light hours you guys get down there...

Curious if she'd still flower with 14.5 hours

if so , then I wouldn't need to pull a tarp to black her out....

Because Skunkdog is always the last to rot, that makes the go to strain over Winter. I'm guessing here, but in Winter our shortest day is about ten and a half hours. The same Skunkdog clone we put out in Summer that yields ten, yields two and a half, or three, in the "dead" of our Winter. And finishes about two weeks earlier.

Would she flower with 14.5 hours of light? No. I bet she would veg. My guess to the cusp would be about 13 hours 45 minutes of daylight. Under that? flowers. Over? leaves and growth.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was peeping the glue thread and saw a guy post a pic of a gorilla glue shirt
so it gave me a reason to show some of the custom apparel we had made...

love wearing them
I wear the shit out of them!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are coming down the first week of March...
at Day 41

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

aloha

Latest posts

Latest posts