The Seed Scrimmage

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
SR71 WestCoast Nugshots--Purple Kush-->>Outdoor

SR71 WestCoast Nugshots--Purple Kush-->>Outdoor

I'm going to read up on the azomite--promise :D
Black Ra1n said:
Man you should have no problem get'n 8 z's from those, they look great.
I hope you're right. Thanks, brotha.
Old Soul said:
Beautiful plants VT. Glad I found this thread.

Peace
Thanks. I'm glad you're here, brotha :smile:
et al Thanks for checkin' me out. These nugshots are from my friend's outdoor crop. The clone is from SR71. It tastes like urkle and is invigorating. It's a mood lifter :smile: Props to SR71--and my friend--he swears by Fox Farm--it tastes great btw. And he is definitely gets props for hooking me up with a half zip for the Holidaze :D Only his second grow and this is some killer outdoor :wave:

9856westcoastnugshotssr71purplekushyayareapktheseedscrimmagevt-thumb.jpg

peace​

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

i'll take the green nugs because my wife won't let me have the other nugs unless it's her's lol. enjoy the smoke and peace

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm in as of now...can i take a seat and tag along? nice looking thread you have VT
ive been reading some of ya coco threads.....well not only yours.
just wanted to thank you for chiming in in my thread...very nice of you....still gotte repley though...lol ..but thats for later this day :smile:
Nhow great pics and a good read!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Azomite--ww x ssh the 1st plant to transition?

Azomite--ww x ssh the 1st plant to transition?

Lol. What's up buzzed day--I see you updated your show--gonna have to get over there and check it out. This Purple Kush is good smoke :rasta:

What's up, man. You should title your 1st coco show "Core goes Coir!!!" :D Glad to have ya stop by, brotha. Thanks for the positive energy, Core :wave:

I promised my friend emmy I'd look into the azomite she raves about:

- Azomite's name is derived from "A to Z of Minerals Including Trace Elements".
- Azomite is a natural product mined in Utah.
- Discovered over 50 years ago by accident.
- Is used both as plant fertilizer and as a supplement to livestock feed.
- Noted for its content of trace minerals and active minerals.
- It is used as it is, there is no mixing necessary.
- Completely odorless
- Will not burn plants
- Won't restrict soil aeration
- Will not affect water penetration
- It is 100% natural with no additives, synthetics or filters.
- A hard rock formation from the dust of a volcano that erupted.
- Chemically, is hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate
- Sold as a very dusty fine powder

Now, I am unsure if this would even work in coco. He mentioned peat in his post above--thing is, I grow in 100% coir. This does indeed look like good stuff, and available at a fraction of the cost of bottled nutes. I have never ever seen a "true organics" grow (fully documented) in 100% coco. I'm excluding the coco peat, coco soil, coco perlite threads, etc. Not knocking any of those mixes(I used to cut coco with perlite)--they just aren't true coco grows imo. Simply stating that I grow in pure coco, and unsure if this azomite works well in 100% coco. Anybody in 100% coco ever used this stuff?

For the record--I stated (and posted pics) on the last page (page 2 of a 3 page thread) what plants were to be burned. I did it on purpose and posted as much--well in advance of those pics he reacted to (which are titled 'experiment results' :wallbash:). I did it so I'd be able to recognize problems, as I knew I'd be using these new products in bloom--which came in handy for the Pura Vida thread I hijacked in the organic hydro forum.
As for "what I am using?"--I posted what I am using just before the post in which you inquired. All in al,l the read on azomite was worth it. Thanks for the tip. Do you use greensand for a K boost in peat?

Looks like the 1st plant to transition might be the ww x ssh. The stretch has been minimal thusfar. Foliar feeding fulvex has helped tame stretch, and induce flower. She's beginning to twist out colas now at just day 6--well ahead of the others-- 12/12 lighting schedule

peace​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
A shout to Canada--Pura Vida & Legends

A shout to Canada--Pura Vida & Legends

A quick shout to Esquimalt, Victoria B.C. And the scenic, coastal towns along the Malahat :joint: I saw why Ansel loved it so much--years ago
This is a Pura Vida Organics B.C nutes bloomshow...in 100% coco

The Legends Mountain Mix--2008

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya VT
nice lush looking plant mate !!

just came by to thank you again for writing the coco thread...i've fixed my problem and all is gong well...i took some pics as proof :smile:
she went from pail green to just green :D

first pic

now ..

just bumped the nutes a bit....and i've given her a cal/mag suppliment...
PPM's came out on 720 ppm's...all is good but tips are just slightly burnd...just the way i like it :D
hope it stays that way ot else i'm comming to bother you hehehe :smile:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
:biglaugh: Well, I'd better add Advanced Holland coco nutes to the ever increasing list of nutes folks succeed with in coco. All we need is a organic coco grow--and my dream will come to fruition....I was behind The Slickster, and others, when they tried--would love to see that. I've always maintained that coco is one heck of a flexible medium.
just came by to thank you again for writing the coco thread...i've fixed my problem and all is gong well...i took some pics as proof
she went from pail green to just green
Well, I gotta give props to knna--'cause he/she taught me about all that--and, apparently I passed it on to you :smile:
"pics for proof'<--funny you should mention that :D
Core said:
hope it stays that way ot else i'm comming to bother you hehehe :smile:
keep up the good work--please!!! :biglaugh:

Oh--almost forgot--In my garden--the bigger they get, the more K they need. The k:ca thing is most crucial early on for me. I've always used a silicate product to boost K when they get bigger.
Glad I got a seat at the new show, Core--thanks!! :wave:

[thread=105947]
IC mag's Hidden G-Spot
[/thread]​

peace​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Bloom Phase--Day 12--Photo Op--Light Off

Bloom Phase--Day 12--Photo Op--Light Off

Here's some more pics for you Core....
I have never run any of these strains. 1st time Fulvex/Calplex user. Impressed with it all--especially that Legends Mountain Mix above...
Cindy's still in transition :D She'll finish at about 54" looks like.

A closeup of the Legends Mountain Mix pictured above

peace​

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Early Predictions/Awards at Day 18

Early Predictions/Awards at Day 18

The "slow" award goes to Thunk :D

At this point, if all goes well, I'm predicting 560g--would be more, but I lost a few days in transiytion.
I think the ww x ssh will yield the most. She flips to flower from transition quickly in my show, but slowly twists out the colas--good sign. I can just tell she pumps out long, thick colas. Her brother is a MONSTER. This pheno does not like a wet root zone....she likes K more than the others too. A nibbler....I just love her long lats....I gotta give emmy and her mentor props on this strain they're workin' with...

Her brother can handle anything, 'cept getting root bound in a 1 gal bag at 30" tall. Her brother's offspring is rooted, and will pollinate my TW--which is also rooted--they're vegging under the T5 now...with more TW on the tray...

Was talking to my friend and mentor about how to make my 1st batch of homemade seeds (to save money while I learn to grow from seed--as stated in the lead post). He told me if I dust off bushes I'd get hundreds...hundreds of seeds, as opposed to 50'ish with small plants--I need hundreds, bad as I suck at this, lol-- and as much as I like to share :smile: So, I'm ditching the 150W/400w plan and doing a 1kw TW bush mono crop for the 1st seed run....after 4 years, I still PM him with noob questions :D

I noticed TW dominates the purple plant she was mated with. That's interesting. This plant grows identical to TW in every aspect with one exception--she handles nutes better than TW--(purple strains are generally nute hogs).

Early frost award--Day 18:
TW x Unknown Purple Clone

peace​

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

man vt things look good!!!you going to make seeds and lots of them with a 1,000 over top.good luck and thanks for the show.peace

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey VT, everything looks awesome man. That TW x Unknown Purple Clone is going to be a frosty one.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Cindy--Week 4

Cindy--Week 4

Merry Christmas--& Happy Holidaze :wave:

Thanks, buzzed day--especially for inspiring me to think up a support idea for later--great thread--gettin' done in a closet with 150's :respect:

I am thoroughly impressed with your Bo-Bo cross--unbeliveable how resinous she is--photo of the month stuff , Black Ra1n--you are are also taking right to the coco...props. Good to see you make the switch.

Yes, indeed, Old Soul--the WW x SSH is an impressive plant, no doubt--she's gonna go 80 days looks like, which is right in line with what I was told :joint:

Thanks for the good vibes and cheer, guys :smile:

Cindy--Week4--Staked

peace

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

hello vt,merry christmas to you and your's.i have learned so much here and gained many freinds especially you ! looking forward to seeing it.God bless and peace

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, cindy is looking nice... I love coco, can't believe I hadn't tired it before now. The bo-bo I have was made by Scrappy, I used it as a base for zombie virus... keep an eye on that strain, should be a killa. Happy holidays bro.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
:joint: buzzed day--you're right man...that's what it's all about--growing.
You were there when I had to use the ceiling to tie down my last c99 run...

I couldn't move them after that. Not that it's absolutely necessary, but nice though.
I got the stakes set up on 3 plants. The two Legends plants are short--the one I like is only 3', and her sister is 2' (I pruned her for 3 colas--and had to elevate her for an even canopy.)--so they don't need stakes...

Anyways, the stake setup is a skinny stake affixed to the top of those fat bamboo stakes (horizontally--with tape :D). The horizontal stakes will be the base for tying the branches when they get heavy. I did it for mobility. I can tie them, and still move them when I get in there to clean, rub n' sniff, etc...I can also rotate them. Pics next update...

I will definitely keep an eye out for that zombie virus, BlackRa1n. Glad you like the coco. Thanks for the compliment for Cindy--I'll pass it on to her...she'll be out 'round midnight :D This one is gonna yield more than my last c99 run. I did 4 plants, but didn't get 4 zips from any of them. This time , this Cindy is packing it on faster, than the last time I ran c99. She swells up every day.
I posted that Cindy closeup so you guys could see the K deficiency. The TW cross reacts differently...she gets leaf curl, whereas the WW x SSH gets 'flaccid'. It's not extreme right now, and will be addressed ASAP.
I'm gonna ramp up the pro-silicate, and ramp down the CalPlex (which should open more 'slots' for K--so an indirect K boost of sorts)--Fulvex has of Ca in it also...forgot how much...there is a guaranteed analysis online...
Also gonna ramp down N now that the buds are fattening up.

I'm going to attempt sourcing azomite for an experiment later. Ideally, I'd like to source it locally (which is the main case for conventional organics, in my view). Besides, anything to help my local economy is a good thing.

peace​

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Some more week 4 pics--Day 26

Some more week 4 pics--Day 26

Ok, here's that stake support, buzzed day (would not be useful for a horizontal setup I'd suppose--???). I may drop the horizontal stake down lower, now that I think about it some more, lol.

High techattack :wave: Thanks for stoppin' by--and it's very nice to meet you :smile:
techattack said:
keep it green.
Hehe...I'm trying real hard to keep them green. The K deficiency in that c99 closeup is the yellowing in the middle of the leaves (for those wondering). If severe, I'd have rusty leaf margins, severe spotting, and yellowing, all over the place--it's not that bad. I prefer green plants, so I'll be striving to keep it green...which can be a challenge running 6 different strains/phenos...

This Legends 3 footer is a good yielder
She stays if she gets me high

peace​

Last edited:

techattack

the plants look great mate. i think the green is ok, as long as it don't turn to yellow, but anyway if they turn it will be well flushed and sweet smoke.

tech.