What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I spent time today trying to restore a bunch of photos I lost on my computer. I succeeded in restoring some. Our recent discussions of Mexican and Colombian strains made me want to post this Oaxacan bud. It reminded me of Colombian because of the dreamy, floating character of the high:

OaxB2.JPG

Someone asked me about Thai and similar highs. I recommended Burmese and Bangi Haze, which I crossed into all my previous work. They don't have the nerve buzzing electricity, tachycardia, or paranoia as you ascend to the peak from the expreme potency, but you won't want to sit around or be inside, that's for sure:

BangiSkinnyClose.JPG

This is my 16 foot monster plant mother, pinnacle of my decades of work in preparation for finding another good Thai high plant. That's one single plant on a steep hillside. Branches have fallen down and spread out in the foreground. Menthol, musk, and spicy licorice stank! Outcrossing to this will not degrade the character of a Thai type high. Hopefully, it will help prevent bottle necking. The groundwork has been laid.

BangiMama16Foot.jpg

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

So far so good with my GTS x (NH21 x MM) plants. I'm already having to water those 4 gal pots once or twice a day. If this keeps up, I'm going to need to get bigger pots really soon.

This female is budding up faster, and is already loaded with seed. Unfortunately, most of the pollen came from the earlier male. I have the later male upwind of it to try and balance it out. I cut back the early male, and put it downwind next to the later female. To me, this plant resembles the Nevill's Haze side. This is pungent with sweet, woody, and solvent aroma. It looks like it will have many small buds all the way up and down the plant.

20231214_092504.jpg
20231214_092442.jpg

This is the slower flowering, lankier, and far more pungent male. Out of all 4 plants, it looks the most like Thai to me. Not necessarily the Gypsy Thai Stick, but more like all the Thai plants I've tried to grow from the old days.
20231214_091806.jpg

These next pictures are the later flowering female. This looks a bit more like the Gypsy Thai Stick plant. It's hard to tell because I haven't seen good pictures of it. This is the one that smells a bit peppery right now.

I see a few seeds on preflowers, but the bud sites are not developed enough yet. I'm hoping that changes soon so I can get rid of the males. If I can get 100 seeds from each female, I'd be estatic. I'm holding out hope for ripe buds, so I don't want too many seeds on these females. I know, I know, it's probably delusional, but I can't help myself.

20231214_091728.jpg
20231214_091841.jpg
20231214_092231.jpg

Good luck in your searches!

revegeta666

Sweet Jesus, you just can't help yourself can you? I'm a bit on the autism spectrum also, but writing is slow enough that one can reflect on what you are saying and ask yourself, are you hurting or helping? Take the time, please.
Lol. Something tells me the spectrum this clown is on, has yet to be discovered. I wouldn't take it personally, as he is exactly as condescending to everyone in every post he writes. The only thing he manages to be more disrespectful towards to than people, is the poor cannabis plants he abuses.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

My view of things in the garden are changing fast. As it turns out, I have two VERY different females. One plant, though the buds are tiny, has enough seed that I moved it away from the two males. It's now about 50 feet away. It may still get some more pollen hitting it now and again, but I don't think it will continue to be heavily inpacted. These little tiny buds have resin forming, and aromas are already getting stronger.
20231218_085704.jpg

In my vivid imagination, predjudiced by my fantacies, I see this plant developing to look like this plant from Thailand pictured by The Diplomat magazine. At least after the plant matures and the nitrogren I was feeding it gets used up as senescence occurs:
thediplomat-ch48mature-thai-marijuana-plants-photo-craig-williams.jpg

Here are closeups of some seeds and resin forming from this plant:

20231218_085757.jpg
20231218_085842.jpg

Now here's the thing. A week ago, I thought that my other plant was about two weeks behind. Today, I'm guessing it's more like two months behind. Though I am seeing a couple dozen seeds forming, and I'm likely to get more, I don't think this next plant has any hope at all of getting ripe buds. I'm starting to wonder if it might be possible to get this plant to reveg and live through the rainy season. That way it can start flowering properly in July or August, and mature in January or February. Hahahaha. :chin:

20231218_090201.jpg

20231218_110730.jpg

I move to the tropics to make it "easier" to grow better strains, then I pick the most challenging variety of all. LOL. Truth be told, it picked me a very long time ago.

Best Vibes

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Veteran
Looking for info on Eldorado a retired strain from nirvana. Did anyone grow it out back in the day?
I have a pack purchased around 2014 and popped a couple seeds a few years ago. I got one male and one female. The female was the first plant I've ever had to give up on because she was too wild for indoors. I'm no amateur when it comes to running long flowering sativa hybrids in a tent but this girl belonged in a jungle near the equator. She was very stretchy with thin branches and long gaps between nodes. The seed plant was pushing 8 feet before I could sex her. I tried putting a rooted clone directly into 12/12 and by the time she started poking out a few pistils she had already reached the top of the tent and was spreading out over the whole canopy. It was obvious that it would take several months to get a modest harvest from those sparse fluffy flowers even if I could contain her. After investing 4 to 5 months in that plant and her clones I finally had to admit that there was a plant I couldn't tame and I sadly had to move on.

The male was stretchy also but flowered a little quicker and I was able to pull enough pollen off to hit a couple of plants I had going at the time and got some seeds out of it. I dabbled with the seeds the next season and had poor germination. I did get one female that ended up getting culled for space because she was lagging too far behind the rest of the tent and I decided to abandon the experiment for surer things.

So not much of a report but I did try. I guess what you can take from this is if you ever get a chance to grow Eldorado your best bet is outdoors. I thought there might be some trippy gold in those exotic Mexican genetics but they were too much for a 5x5 tent. I still have 8 seeds from the pack and some intriguing crosses from the male if I can get the seeds to pop. I haven't given up on those seeds but I can't take on 20+ week strains at this point in my life. Maybe when I achieve the dream that ThaiBliss is living. Good luck in your search.

EnjoyingLife

Greetings,

The plants are progressing. All of them threw a pistil shortly after they were crowded in the tiny pot. Now that they have room and are outside all of the time exposed to very slowly decreasing daylight, they have sorted themselves out distinctly to two males and two females.

The aromas of strongly citrus, leathery, and peppery as are common in Thai crosses. The leaf shapes are unusual to me, though the males lean a little towards Thai shapes, especially one of them that has long leaflets. There is something else that must come from the Mullumbimby Madness that has a bit of wide leaf fatness to them. They don't look like the Thai or Neville's Hazes I have grown. Very interesting. I've grown a "Haitian indica" crossed with Papua New Guinea Gold that looked similar, but I attributed that to the indica side. The cross was named Nanan Bouclou. I wouldn't mind those traits in that Mullumbimby, because that had some interesting and spooky effects.

Looking forward to how they develop. Next year I will definately put them out a couple of months earlier, at minimum.

I'm posting some pictures to see, and for me to look back on.

Good luck in your searches!

View attachment 18926415 View attachment 18926416 View attachment 18926417 View attachment 18926418 View attachment 18926419 View attachment 18926420 View attachment 18926421 View attachment 18926422 View attachment 18926423
Interesting and spooky effects with the nanan.
Please elaborate!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Interesting and spooky effects with the nanan.
Please elaborate!
It had strong effects of what a novice would notice when first starting to smoke weed. For instance, perception of time can be altered significantly. After smoking the Nanan Bouclou, I'd have a realization I couldn't tell if ten minutes or thirty minutes had passed from a point in time. Not constantly, but as an epiphany.

I also had a slight dimishing of balance and orientation. It wasn't as if I was drunk exactly, but perhaps somewhat similar. While walking through a doorway, I remember bumping my shoulder. That would be similar to being a bit drunk. But I remember working on building my shop. I was using a circular saw to cut a full 4' x 8' sheet of plywood length wise. It can be a bit sketchy for a novice like me to make that cut without the blade binding and possibly popping out backwards. I was concentrating intensely to make a clean cut. As I was working, I imagined myself oriented in the room a certain way. When I finished the cut and removed my focus from the cut line I snapped on the plywood, I looked up and was facing a different direction than I thought I was. It shocked me. How could I lose track of where I was?!

I hadn't even smoked that much. It was one of those things where the high is really clean. One moment I didn't feel very high, then WHAM! I realize I'm much higher than I thought. It wasn't like I just peaked, I had peaked over an hour or two ago. I was already on the downhill side of the buzz.

I supposed these effects are present somewhat in most strains, but in the Nanan Boulclou, it is much more pronounced. And Nanan Bouclou is a hybrid. Rare is the breeder that is able to preserve these effects in the following generations of a sativa indica cross.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Back to my first tropical grow. I decided to repot my flowering females. I had to consider this for a while. We have just passed the winter solstice here. The days are getting ever so slightly longer starting now. While I do not want to stimulate revegging, I also don't want the plants to get rootbound. I want the buds to get as big as possible and don't want them stressed enough to throw any male flowers. Time will tell if it was a good decision. I encourage anyone with tropical growing experience to give advice.

Well, both plants have lots of seeds forming.
:dance013:
The days are getting nice and sunny, and the rain is getting scarce. Even if we get some spinkles or dew, it's breezy enough that things dry up quickly.

My earlier flowering specimen is starting to fatten up ever so slightly, and it's laying up trichomes, to my delight. I can smell the resin without having to be very close. So far, so good!

20231225_123002.jpg

20231226_081448.jpg

My other slower flowering plant is making progress, but quite slowly. It will be a miracle if I get any bud at all. It's much greener than my other plant, a light yellow green. From certain angles from the sunlight, this plant possitively glows. It's got seeds, but I'm not sure how. It's pistils are so thin and sparce at the moment. It's hard for me to find any pistils. Regardless, I love this plant. Occasionally I get a strong peppery aroma off my fingers after rubbing the stem.

20231225_092241.jpg

20231226_081724.jpg

20231226_082702.jpg

20231226_082622.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season, and all the best in the new year.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Nanan is weird stuff for sure. I gave up on it, as time went on I got a more 'dirty' effect. Not the trip I want but it is trippy. I hope the intense sun will help with your search for bliss. The plants are going to get all the sun has to offer there.

I've been on a quest for high amperage trip weed here's my latest purchase, anyone try this one ?
somali taxi ride from rare dankness, came with ghost train haze #1 freebies

Attachments

• 20231228_174502.jpg
    20231228_174502.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231228_174358.jpg
    20231228_174358.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 42

EnjoyingLife

It had strong effects of what a novice would notice when first starting to smoke weed. For instance, perception of time can be altered significantly. After smoking the Nanan Bouclou, I'd have a realization I couldn't tell if ten minutes or thirty minutes had passed from a point in time. Not constantly, but as an epiphany.

I also had a slight dimishing of balance and orientation. It wasn't as if I was drunk exactly, but perhaps somewhat similar. While walking through a doorway, I remember bumping my shoulder. That would be similar to being a bit drunk. But I remember working on building my shop. I was using a circular saw to cut a full 4' x 8' sheet of plywood length wise. It can be a bit sketchy for a novice like me to make that cut without the blade binding and possibly popping out backwards. I was concentrating intensely to make a clean cut. As I was working, I imagined myself oriented in the room a certain way. When I finished the cut and removed my focus from the cut line I snapped on the plywood, I looked up and was facing a different direction than I thought I was. It shocked me. How could I lose track of where I was?!

I hadn't even smoked that much. It was one of those things where the high is really clean. One moment I didn't feel very high, then WHAM! I realize I'm much higher than I thought. It wasn't like I just peaked, I had peaked over an hour or two ago. I was already on the downhill side of the buzz.

I supposed these effects are present somewhat in most strains, but in the Nanan Boulclou, it is much more pronounced. And Nanan Bouclou is a hybrid. Rare is the breeder that is able to preserve these effects in the following generations of a sativa indica cross.
I have these effects when sober =P
The concentration specifically but that's probs just how I relate to my surroundings... it's hard to explain but I think it's my autism and how I... manage\cope\navigate my reality.
Seriously though this sounds like some good weed. I'm excited to grow it out. Hopefully Colorado Sativas has the genes they boast.
Do you think Ethiopia from Ace would cross well with it?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Seriously though this sounds like some good weed. I'm excited to grow it out. Hopefully Colorado Sativas has the genes they boast.
Do you think Ethiopia from Ace would cross well with it?
If you are searching for trip weed or enjoy the kind of weed I like, then any pure cerebral weed would be a good cross to it. From there, be cutthroat about the quality of the high in future generations. Cerebral, clear, and clean effect would have to be #1, #2, and #3 priority. It would be hard to put looks, aroma, taste, and productivity as distant priorities. I'm judging by what I see from others, history, and quite frankly, my own behavior.

I'm wishing you luck, and please keep this thread up to date with your progress.

Some more pictures of that good Nanan Bouclou plant:
Nanan Bouclou Bush.jpg
Nanan Bouclou Top.jpg
NananBouclouBud.jpg

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

If you are searching for trip weed or enjoy the kind of weed I like, then any pure cerebral weed would be a good cross to it. From there, be cutthroat about the quality of the high in future generations. Cerebral, clear, and clean effect would have to be #1, #2, and #3 priority. It would be hard to put looks, aroma, taste, and productivity as distant priorities. I'm judging by what I see from others, history, and quite frankly, my own behavior.

I'm wishing you luck, and please keep this thread up to date with your progress.

Some more pictures of that good Nanan Bouclou plant: View attachment 18940674 View attachment 18940675 View attachment 18940676
So going back and reading my post made me wonder if I came off as dismissive or anything on your smoke report.
If I did, I appologise I can come off as an asshole without meaning to and please don't hesitate to call me on it so things can be clarified if need be.
I want to thank you for taking the time to write it and respond again.

I think we have at least similar taste in weed. Cerebral, clear and clean are definitely preferred.
Happy feel good weed without or very little comedown is the type I like.
I'm not sure I want to trip off weed. I don't mind enhanced colors and sounds but I think when one can see the universe flowing in the walls, people and other things around them that's a line I don't want to cross.
I do enjoy psychedelics(mushies) but those take a different set, setting and mind frame than ganja for me to fully enjoy.

Look wise I'm not concerned as I don't sell it and if one was to complain about what the bud I'm about to smoke with them for free looks like.... well they can just watch me smoke it then
Aroma is more important than looks but still not super important.
Taste as long as it doesn't taste like dead animal or something crazy like that I'm good but I can't deny better tasting weed enhances the experience.
Productivity holds import but I don't smoke to much. However, I'd like to start pressing it so in that regard it becomes important as I think I've read a 20% return is good.

It'll be awhile if at all that I post pics of what I grow as I don't feel anything I've grown will do the breeder justice and I don't want to negatively sway ones opinion. It all looks like outdoor schwag.

I hope to one day grow bushes like you just posted of that nanan. I'm in 5 - 7 gallon pots so can't get bushes in those. Maybe if I were to veg indoors for a bit so I could train it but I keep the house to cold for that lol.

StickyBandit

Latest posts

Latest posts