What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

xet

My kerala was extremely psychedelic. I would not call it trippy as the visions were extremely lucid and clear, the thoughts extremely clear and visionary, but the visuals were their own 3d/4d light show of impossible imagination. I went into a deep state of creating art and it was effortless and no way could I have created what I did without the assistance. Mine was sun grown - left alone for 5.5 months in the desert at 120'F temps, and it survived. The flavor is what I would describe as ocean mist. A very blue ocean mist with a sour orange soda on the back-end.

elchischas

Veteran
My kerala was extremely psychedelic. I would not call it trippy as the visions were extremely lucid and clear, the thoughts extremely clear and visionary, but the visuals were their own 3d/4d light show of impossible imagination. I went into a deep state of creating art and it was effortless and no way could I have created what I did without the assistance. Mine was sun grown - left alone for 5.5 months in the desert at 120'F temps, and it survived. The flavor is what I would describe as ocean mist. A very blue ocean mist with a sour orange soda on the back-end.
Hi
Sounds pretty interesting that Kerala...
What's the source?

xet

Hi
Sounds pretty interesting that Kerala...
What's the source?
Hi, my Kerala is sourced from The Real Seed Company via their original "Kerala" aka "Idduki Gold" 2007 seedstock.

achille

Veteran
The one from RSC was collected in the Idukki district of Kerala.
On a pack of 12 I kept 4 females and 3 males, among those plants two are trippy and the rest very high quality, typical Kerala high but maybe could qualified as "ordinary" in the sense that you could smoke this everyday. The couple of high octane plants I would not smoke everyday or maybe at modest, stimulating dosage.

xet

My seeds are of the recent stock, bought from The Real Seed Company this May, I think it's not the same line as the "2007 Idukki Gold"but I don't know for sure.
AFAIK the 2022 seedstock is the 3rd generation reproduced away from source but still throwing ripper plants out like it's ancestors just like any other fantastically preserved landrace from Ace collectors et al

achille

Veteran
My full on experience didn't display visions but was visionary in the sense that what I was seeing around me was absolutely new and mystical. I was watching the sunset on my garden and could SEE, it was a total vision, the garden appeared like a mix of Douanier Rousseau and Klimt paintings and I could see the curve of the planet, everything was permeated with a deep sacred feeling of living force, of "meaning", it was a real spiritual experience similar to those you can obtain at the apex of a pilgrimage. But they were no deformations, what I was seeing was the everyday surroundings without changes, no laser lights, beings, images or cartoony effects like on mushrooms. I haven't though of closing my eyes to checks for imagery. I guess the same plant taken in a different set and setting could produce different experiences.
There is indeed a feeling of lucidity and clarity which is surprising given the intensity of the high.

achille

Veteran
I want to add, for clarity, that I am experienced with the "classical" psychedelics: LSD, Cacti, Ayahuasca, Iboga and Mushrooms and went to the deep end a number of times. I had many strong full on open eyed visions and apparitions but I do think that visions aren't the most signifiant part of the psychedelic experience.
This keralan line has the psychedelic spiritual power, friends. The day after I felt like exactly like the day after a trip, an afterglow.

xet

Synesthesia is the word I am looking for. Psychedelia in the vein of extreme synesthesia. At one point one of my favorite songs began to play in my head and I could make out every last cymbal and change in the song like it were played on a loud vinyl in the room and I could sing along with absolute perfect memory recall through the entirety of the song. Mine was grown in what I would describe under special conditions because of the nature of not tending the plant for nearly 6 months as it was being scorched in 120'F temps with zero shade, extreme senescence and then coming back again - the oils were so dense that the stem itself developed a woody and waxy quality indifferent to any other desert shrub. The flower itself became as dense as a cotton belt with what seemed to be too many possible tokes in such a small space. Being THC is essentially a sunscreen for the plant along with slowing transpiration to hold onto water I believe this explains the intensity of the high as well as me being in a sub-tropical region which nearly guarantees sativa qualities.

My other plant experiences include salvia, cubes, mapacho, DMT. For those who have not experienced mapacho, for a totally legal plant, trust me when I say at $18.99/lb you are missing out https://www.leafonly.com/tobacco-leaf/tobacco-leaves/nicotiana-rustica Go for smoking the dark leaves and be sitting down somewhere, you will go on an intense and short vision quest with total incapacitation and a male God-like figure opening your heart to infinite alignment and with crystal clear clarity and you are able to recall the trip. In lower amounts mapacho still has the potential to frighten the uninitiated..

I have already been heckled for this photo but I don't care, one of those leaves would blow anyone's lid off each one was so full of it's own oils - by the way what you see in the photo were the largest fan leaves so if there is a contest for thin leaves let me know so I can submit this photo. The bud itself is still the highest psychedelia I have experienced in Cannabis. That top nib of bud was full of 20 of the deepest hits you can take - there was no ceiling and there were new threshhold barriers to break the more dosage increased which gave the impression that whatever box I previously framed the smoke in became an entirely new thing when another barrier was broken by higher and higher dosage. At it's highest it was pure synesthesia.
77252149_2459758604347007_4119931710325640511_n.jpg

elchischas

Veteran
Hi, my Kerala is sourced from The Real Seed Company via their original "Kerala" aka "Idduki Gold" 2007 seedstock.
Thanks for the info bro 🙏🏿
So your Repro its from the original 2007 stock?
I was planning get that Kerala so i sent a messege to Angus but he told me the same thing, that the reproduction of kerala was done outside of kerala
I'm still wanted to buy it, but Angus insisted and he convinced me to buy a Laos that was very cheap at that time... I don't know why I listened to him
I'm still going to buy it. I have two other lines from Kerala that come from India, it will be very interesting to see them grow and compare them.
Always that I look this photo fall in love with Kerala 💚 i really love some sativa structures and this one its one of the prettiest
IMG_20220902_125115.jpg

xet

Xet, I get what you mean with synesthesia it resonates of my experience with music on Kerala.
My plants grew in black pots on a hot terrace to the south, full sun, coastal climate in an unusual heat wave and drought but still cool nights, I am sure it helped reach potency.
I am really just speaking toward the fact my plant came out looking like a science experiment gone wrong

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I think this variety is a good example of a psychedelic plant.
At the level of Tom Hill Haze and even higher.

TRSC Lao gold selected from many plants. Awesome smell. Metallic smells, incense, jazmine, pine... You can see the resin even on the stems.

No male with the desired characteristics was found. They were hermaphroditic and the best was sterile, it did not release pollen.

A Thai Chiang Mai male was going to be used but they were all hermaphrodites.

So it was thought of using a male Old Timers Haze or Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen. Have a good night:tiphat:

Attachments

• LaoG1 - copia.jpg
    LaoG1 - copia.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 154
  • LaoG2 - copia.jpg
    LaoG2 - copia.jpg
    708.5 KB · Views: 149
  • LaoG3 - copia.jpg
    LaoG3 - copia.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 141
  • LaoG4 - copia.jpg
    LaoG4 - copia.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 147
  • LaoG5 - copia.jpg
    LaoG5 - copia.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 155
  • LaoG6 - copia.jpg
    LaoG6 - copia.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 172

xet

I think this variety is a good example of a psychedelic plant.
At the level of Tom Hill Haze and even higher.

TRSC Lao gold selected from many plants. Awesome smell. Metallic smells, incense, jazmine, pine... You can see the resin even on the stems.

No male with the desired characteristics was found. They were hermaphroditic and the best was sterile, it did not release pollen.

A Thai Chiang Mai male was going to be used but they were all hermaphrodites.

So it was thought of using a male Old Timers Haze or Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen. Have a good night:tiphat:
Epic, thanks for posting - just picked up TRSC "Lao Sa" myself which has the Lao Gold and exclusively only other Lao varieties as the parents. https://kwikseeds.com/product/lao-sa-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/