What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

197caregiver

"shit" by mr. nice

That was one of the first i ran and was more as the name says ... Shit smell like apollo13 but i made a ton of f2s of the shit and found skunky phenos but not RKS skunk...shits def a great strain but not even close to the RKS nastiness ... If ya cant smell of through a sealed jar its not RKS like i grew up with and now have again ...

My wife was jealous that i was more excited then anything like even our wedding lmao and almost had tears in my eyes which was from he dank of the skunk lmao but no if anyone knows or had the real deal RKS back in the day then ya would know what im saying as far as dank to where it was rarely grew inside since it was a dead giveaway so we always threw her outside and even then people found our plots quickly so shit is dank but RKS is on another level all on its own

197caregiver

Oh forgot to add it def has the nasty danky burning rubber and a sulfer undertone as mentioned by Rasputin and chem sour is one i had that gave me a dank burnt rubber smelling pheno im actually wishing i had that pheno still or some chem sours to rummage through to find a good male to use for the bxing but i have several nasty chems and others as mentioned that ill prob work to this girl and jst let several people test them to see what they through and I'll keep just bxing them which is gonna be a job itself to keep digging for the right male from each cross to hit back to the female RKS so def will be worth it to get it out there im still also gonna try to make a reverse/s1 seed stock of it but by doing it the the old fassion way and let the plant go past its flowering time so it throws bananas without the use of chemicals since ive had plants like Loompas headband does which tosses unviable pollen When reversed but i will try the old way and it may work like ive had it work on others that didnt want to reverse with chemicals like CSilver or sts and if this works then were golden but ill still make bx cubed seed since i like regs and may find a male thats a killer find def very excited and have a 48 spot cloner full of cuts lmao just incase even though i always get 100% rooted but ive def not taking chances lmao and want a lot of dank to make all the neighbors think theres a basement full of smashed road kill skunks ... Def will make the house stink since we already get called out from people for out clothes always smelling like bud even with nag champa oil on ;)

Peace all and updates and def pics soon to come which it def is a hybrid by the look of the leaves and actually a little more sativa but dark for sativa leaves so we shall see

Scrappy-doo

Wow you write some big ass paragraphs brotha!

lol seriously tho I'm intrigued by your find. Never had the pleasure of experiencing true rks. I do love stinky pot though. Nice score. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your progress looks like yo have some great things planned.

t99

Veteran
Sounds great, 197! Good luck with your work!
If you want to ensure its preservation, and don't care about $$, do something like Josey Wales did and drop a few cuts in the mail with the requirement that anyone that gets it, gifts it to 10 more people. You could bring back the only thing people really miss about the 80's!
And the seeds would still sell like crazy, just look at the Relentless drops.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I have a plant that is an unknown cross from a pollinated Lemon Grass Thai x Deep Chunk. I pollinated the mother with 3 different males but this was a seed I found in an untagged bud so I don’t know the dad. It’s probably from over-spray since I don’t think it selfed, I’ve never found seeds in this plant that haven’t come from me pollinating.

It reeks skunk/burnt tire. I crossed it to a RKS/DC male, I also kept a cut of the mom. I didn’t have much pollen so I’m not going to get many seeds but both of these DC lines are from the same breeder so I’m wondering if the same DC male was used.

197caregiver

Sounds great, 197! Good luck with your work!
If you want to ensure its preservation, and don't care about $$, do something like Josey Wales did and drop a few cuts in the mail with the requirement that anyone that gets it, gifts it to 10 more people. You could bring back the only thing people really miss about the 80's!
And the seeds would still sell like crazy, just look at the Relentless drops.

Yup thats a perfect idea brother ... Id rather be known for sharing a special find then selling it ... Money is def the least of my worries so dont care about cashing in which is why this guy trusted me with it ... Hes gave me others that are also rare and see i dont want them to whore them out and make them into seed and sellin them

heres a little break down on the smells from marijauana and why they have there smells like others thibgs found in nature like orange and blueberry but where does the bubblegum come from lol
Question someone asked was why weed smells like skunk etc.

"The chemicals that "give off" the smell you are noticing belong to a group called "terpenes". Various terpenes are found all throughout nature and are the reason you are reminded of one item's scent by the other. I would venture a guess that a skunk and "Skunk" share a common or similar terpene. Limonene, for example, is common to both Cannabis and the ordinary orange peel.."

I had a link to a more indepth explanation and tests proving all these plants and anything natural contain terpenes same as other plants so a bag like i have now of apollo 13 smells like straight dog shit and baby vomit and def sounds gross but everyone who gets it has to keep smelling it and saying man thats killer lmao sounds nasty but trust me i do it also but atleast i dont eat my buggers... I quit that habit a few yeas back lmao.. Kidding aside ill get a pic of the girl when light on tonite ;) and here soon I'll have some killer Stardawg x ghash bodhi testers along with the appy ghash from bodhi so man ive been lucky this last month ... Been gettting a lot of cuts and making a lot of killer crosses and have 500 viles to hold seed so gonna be gifting a lot of seed soon ;) also got a person watchig the thread that i wont name incase he dont want his biz out there but has some old rez CDSD x SD and others hes sending me since i love some chem and sour d so another karma payback for the last 100 packs i passed out on facebook just to get them out there and so far all been killer reports back on the ones that are flowered out but they were all my keeper clones x a super frosty dank fuel and grapey og smelling male grapestomper i have had since gage first drop and i crossed to a tahoe og and then found all dank and one male that i had to keep and still have him now ... Hes been a champ but anyways got way off track i got to quit smoking this shit lol NOT anyways sorry for the rambling guys i get way to excited over these new finds and now that i get online more its atleast a place i can ramble lol

Peace all and stay lifted,
ChemG

197caregiver

Sorry scrappy i usually always go to wrote a simple paragraph and i ends up a rambling long head spinner lmao i even have trouble reading my own writings lmao but anyways i def had trouble in English and it shows but science was always my thing and got me into growing , breeding saltwater fish and corals aswell so writing def is my weak point and rambling .. ADHD and sativas = me writing way to much

Peace :tiphat:
Wow you write some big ass paragraphs brotha!

lol seriously tho I'm intrigued by your find. Never had the pleasure of experiencing true rks. I do love stinky pot though. Nice score. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your progress looks like yo have some great things planned.

mmm skunk

mmm skunk

A while back my brothers kids had picked up a package of Jelly Belly prank candy beans, the one with odd flavors like ear wax, boogers, and of course skunk. As we each took one to try, and laughed at each others expressions one by one, it became my turn and of course I ended up with the skunk bean, the most feared one of all to try. I bravely took a nibble, and everyone was amazed because I then popped the whole thing in my mouth with a smile. I was laughing on the inside, because to me it tasted like pot, which of course is delicious.

Im hoping to find a strong skunky pheno one of these days. I think im going to start with RKS from Cannacopia, and then I will be trying a couple skunk #1 from seedsman and Laplata seeds. Im hoping to find a strain that truly smells of road kill skunk. Every time we take a trip in to the woods and smell that skunk smell, we joking say "someone's growing something good!"

browntrout

Veteran
A while back my brothers kids had picked up a package of Jelly Belly prank candy beans, the one with odd flavors like ear wax, boogers, and of course skunk. As we each took one to try, and laughed at each others expressions one by one, it became my turn and of course I ended up with the skunk bean, the most feared one of all to try. I bravely took a nibble, and everyone was amazed because I then popped the whole thing in my mouth with a smile. I was laughing on the inside, because to me it tasted like pot, which of course is delicious.

Im hoping to find a strong skunky pheno one of these days. I think im going to start with RKS from Cannacopia, and then I will be trying a couple skunk #1 from seedsman and Laplata seeds. Im hoping to find a strain that truly smells of road kill skunk. Every time we take a trip in to the woods and smell that skunk smell, we joking say "someone's growing something good!"

lol funny story guy, RKS from canna is by no means a bad place to start. Very skunky with a thick full flavoured skunk smell/taste. Some phenos will be a bit more astringent and less skunky. RKS is also the only weed I have ever had that actually increses the effect of other strains when smoked together. RKS + Devil from MNS is quite the ride.

BT

Pulsar

Sorry scrappy i usually always go to wrote a simple paragraph and i ends up a rambling long head spinner lmao i even have trouble reading my own writings lmao but anyways i def had trouble in English and it shows but science was always my thing and got me into growing , breeding saltwater fish and corals aswell so writing def is my weak point and rambling .. ADHD and sativas = me writing way to much

Peace :tiphat:
I only rapidly skimmed those thesis' ( plural) you concocted, but happened to catch the last part re: coral and reef tanks. Nice dude. I'm a fanatical collector, and sell both my greens and my coral routinely.

true grit

Veteran
Really? You didn't smell sulfur? One of my dogs just got sprayed by a skunk a couple nights ago. It smelled like burnt rubber, putrid burnt rubber. When I went online to check out what to do one write-up mentioned how the spray has sulfur compounds in it which explained the smell. Sulfur is not what I associate with the skunk smell, which I've come to learn is really the roadkill smell and not the skunk spray smell.

It was kind of a trip to smell that and notice how different it was from the skunky weed smell I've always attributed to skunk spray. The smell of passing a dead skunk in the road is the weed smell, dead on. I just never knew if that smell originated from the skunk spraying as it got hit or if it was just the smell of a decaying skunk carcass, I still don't know exactly, but I know the skunk spray I associate with weed is definitely not the same smell as actual skunk spray.

A friend of mine was at the house when it happened and even he was surprised it didn't smell like skunk bud. The next day the patio had a faint smell similar to skunky weed but still nothing like I expected initially.

Another weird detail I've come to associate with skunk bud over the years is that it rarely smells like skunk in the bag. I've noticed the smell most of all right after smoking. There was some stuff I had maybe 6-7 years ago now that smelled so strongly of skunk after smoking that the girl on 1st floor came knocking on my door all panicked and was like "Rasp, I think there's a skunk in the house! I can smell it. Omg, please do something." Took us a couple minutes to realize she was just smelling the weed we smoked.

Closest I've come to finding some proper roadkill skunk in recent years has been Chem Sour. Still wasn't exact but it's been the closest out of a ton of different varieties I've tried over the years.

Hmm that's interesting. My dog got sprayed in the back yard a year or so ago right in the mouth (kinda funny) and the spray is what I've always considered road kill. Roadside or post spray. Coincidentally, first run with Stardawg in coco with chem nutes smelled spot on RKS. Thought I had leak in the room but it was just skunks in the hood. Spot on smell. Smelled similar after drying and smoking but taste like dank chem. Now running same cut organic and it's no where close to RKS like with synthetics

relic1981

Veteran
havent flowered them out yet but ive got some phantom cookies x hashplant that smell super skunky already and i popped the seed about a month ago. out of 20 ive got 5 that are looking and smelling really skunky. ill keep you posted. anyone working with the old school la affie or so cal master kush. that master can get quite skunnky indeed. its that hindu kush /afghani parents that are the skunkiest in my experiece. not to say i dont have some skunky sativa's but there is something special about the pre soviet afghani breeding lines . when crossed with another skunky variety you can get super rks. i remember the original super skunk when it was new or maybe it was just a special pheno but again that affie brought out the super skunky tones. could smell it through a glass jar it was so stinky. no hiding it for sure. id love to get a cut of that. indeed i would

smokinj

Same here. Its just a fun hobby to collect different strains. I bought a couple of packs of the BC roadkill x DC from Cannacopia and I will report if I find a true skunk pheno. 197 if you need someone to sift through some pheno's or if you're interested in collaborating send me a pm.

Ive posted this before but. Nobody bother with BC roadkill from Cannacopia. Deep chunk dominates the strain and turns it straight to kush krap.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey smokinj, guessing you got a bad pheno(s). Mine were pretty darn skunky ;) and i'll be looking through them again. Take care 1

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
From what I know about the road kill skunk smell, when Sensi and the Dutch made Skunk #1 they ended up with a sweeter plant, and lost the skunk smell.

Supposedly the road kill skunk smell is from California. And I don't know if it still exists as Skunk #1 or....meh it must not. It's gone then.

smokinj

Hey smokinj, guessing you got a bad pheno(s). Mine were pretty darn skunky ;) and i'll be looking through them again. Take care 1

The mom of the strain is probably along the lines of what we are looking for, skunky but leaning to the citrus side, still close. But unfortunately its crossed to a shit deep chunk dad which lends a serious roadtar kushkrap pallate. I can't remember how many seeds I ran maybe 30 the deep chunk is unmistakable in all the pheno's. If Cannacopia would find a better dad that'd be interesting perhaps a wicked afghani, but any good strains are far and few between nowdays.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hmm that's interesting. My dog got sprayed in the back yard a year or so ago right in the mouth (kinda funny) and the spray is what I've always considered road kill. Roadside or post spray. Coincidentally, first run with Stardawg in coco with chem nutes smelled spot on RKS. Thought I had leak in the room but it was just skunks in the hood. Spot on smell. Smelled similar after drying and smoking but taste like dank chem. Now running same cut organic and it's no where close to RKS like with synthetics

Yeah man, I was surprised the smell didn't line up at first but what I found the next day surprised me even more, the back patio smelled just like RKS. The burnt rubber smell had faded significantly and the skunk funk was coming through loud and clear. So maybe it isn't necessarily a roadkill smell, but day old spray smell? Hell if I know, I just wanna find some genetics that reliably spit out RKS smelling plants.

Interesting that you were getting better skunk funk in coco than peat. Usually happens the other way around but hey, get it how you can. I woulda stuck with the coco & synth nutes if thats what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts