What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a question for those in europe etc.., how do you know what a skunk smells like if there's not any over there? just something i was curious about....

love?

Some of the dankest RKS I ever had was indoor and it came to us labeled SuperSkunk, the grower grew it as a clone, we don't know if it was called superskunk just because it was superskunky or if it was actually superskunk the strain. I've had a few different samples of different superskunk the strain since then and it's not even close to what we used to get.

A friendly person gifted me a real nice SuperSkunk pheno they've had since like 97, it was pretty stank but I never got to grow it out myself, I had to give it to a buddy and he just ended up flowering it out and not keep it around.

Why? Do you have some stank superskunk or what lol?

Nah unfortunately I don't. But fittingly enough the reason for that is probably being scared away years ago already by reading reports on its very strong unpleasant odor.

I think people here have mentioned something along the lines of the RKS trait coming from the "Afghan side" of it's genes. Well SuperSkunk is Skunk crossed with an Afghan. So I've wondered if RKS was just SuperSkunk for a while now.

Sure it apparently wasn't called that back in the day but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that a higher yielding faster flowering Skunk hybrid might have just been sold as "Skunk".

But what really got me interested was that on the Mr Nice forums when asked about RKS Nevil said "Your describing Super Skunk".
See posts #233 and #234 here: http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice-vu-du-com-support/4308-questions-nevil-24.html

So I figured I'd ask what you guys think. Outdoors because cannabis flowers just seem to get extra odorous when grown outdoors.

Guest423

Veteran
I'm looking for the Afghan golf ball type RKS, StoneyPuffnStuff went on describing a sativa pheno of what he calls RKS and thats what Nevil said sounded like what he was describing. I have a hard time believing any breeders about any of this anyway.

Its been well known people are dying for a legit RKS to hit the market yet none of them can do it but claim their stuff has it. Throughout the years we've seen many miserable attempts of breeders claiming they have it just for people to run out and buy it and report back that it is not anything like RKS.

whodair

Veteran
I'm looking for the Afghan golf ball type RKS,

funny ive got a rez DD that we call golf balls, and it is pure dead skunk ... ive also found that if the plant smells like garlic when alive, that usually converts to roadkill in the jar ...

stick with north american genetics like chem and deez...anything dutch is gonna smell like rotten fruit...

whodair

Veteran
frosty skunk balls !!

frosty skunk balls !!

[email protected] take her 78

picture.php

picture.php

guerilla415

damn whodair i'll definetely take a few dozen a those

man i missed this thread. :drool: so whats the word t2u? anything close yet??? im always on the lookout still.

summer 1994 like running over a skunk and just leaveing it on your car, ....then hitting anohter one the next day lol

take care and stay safe and please keep us posted. got some reading to do ;)

guerilla

garlic smell during growth does get that rotten funk in the jar

is RKS just the garlic strains with a nice cure? outside of the local albertsons grocery they have these plants that smell just like garlic skunk they reak and reminds me of the RKS

I imagine the garlic strains just being left out in the sun to ferment and dry and get that skunky odor just like when beer gets skunky with light

GP2B

Headed to that small town outside gainesville again next weekend. I know someone who gets the real deal RKS bud. I've tried obtaining seeds or a cut but it's guarded. I will sure try tho. Wondering what kind of price to throw out there.

joaquin386

T2U well I really think until SamS doesn't take the RKS out there is nothing to do, meanwhile SamS is working in some projects that are probably more interesting that recreating the RKS, so basicly RKS will be dead until SamS wants to revive it.

whodair

Veteran
garlic smell during growth does get that rotten funk in the jar

is RKS just the garlic strains with a nice cure? outside of the local albertsons grocery they have these plants that smell just like garlic skunk they reak and reminds me of the RKS

I imagine the garlic strains just being left out in the sun to ferment and dry and get that skunky odor just like when beer gets skunky with light

indeed the old seed catalogs contained garlic strains you just dont see anymore, those were the "kill"...but the garlic strains gave way to all the sweet fruity strains that became so popular in dutch breeding 20 plus yrs ago...

if you look at CHACO threads, his ultimate skunk (chemdog strain) smells like crushed garlic road kill...

T2U well I really think until SamS doesn't take the RKS out there is nothing to do, meanwhile SamS is working in some projects that are probably more interesting that recreating the RKS, so basicly RKS will be dead until SamS wants to revive it.

no im not settling for that

sams not the god of skunk alright, great breeder sure but come on dude.

I may have a lead on the garlic funk mistress

guerilla415

I disagree with the comment about Sam Skunk. It is silly to think he is the ONLY person in the world with this cut/strain. It was abundant as hell in the mid nineties so I doubt it was so lost that only one person can bring it back and is just sitting on it.

I do agree that the superskunk and skunk/afghani crosses are the route to take. I think a large seedrun with some superskunk and superskunk x pre-war afghani/ skunk x afghan would be interesting.

Its gotta be out there somewhere, with all the skunk strains around theres gotta be some recessive trait in one.

good luck, take care and stay safe

guerilla

STUNKY

I'M a skunk fan myself.. having mothered sk#1 for nearly 10 years i lost it 2 months ago.. life just hasn't been as skunky ever since.. the only strain i had that came labeled outta a pack.. this stuff was so fruity it was like eating candy.. long live the skunk.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
I have some RKS seeds from and older women who was connected to multiple breeders of the RKS back in the 90s im going to sift thru her seeds when i get around to it, hopefully they still sprout 20years later

I have some RKS seeds from and older women who was connected to multiple breeders of the RKS back in the 90s im going to sift thru her seeds when i get around to it, hopefully they still sprout 20years later

nice

I would just use an old match box with some sand paper inside to scratch the sides of the seeds then just let them sit over night in the dark in warm temp water. place onto damp towel and then store in a zip loc with some exhaled c02 sealed inside, placed on heating pad on low in the dark...all old seeds that are viable will always pop this way..the worst seed I've seen I had to gently crack the shell open and the the tap root pushed itself out. the outer seed was so old and hard no way the seed could push out.

nice

I would just use an old match box with some sand paper inside to scratch the sides of the seeds then just let them sit over night in the dark in warm temp water. place onto damp towel and then store in a zip loc with some exhaled c02 sealed inside, placed on heating pad on low in the dark...all old seeds that are viable will always pop this way..the worst seed I've seen I had to gently crack the shell open and the the tap root pushed itself out. the outer seed was so old and hard no way the sprout could push out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts