What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
In the 80's the skunk we got in texas was stiiiiiiiiiiiiinky shit maing!
the majority was top notch stuff coming from south of the border.
Having said that the real deal shit that was not bricked and could give a male skunk a hard on from 12.32 miles away..came to us compliments of them damn okkies. Oklahoma's good ol boys had and have the stuff that legends where made of..its just due to their ass backwards laws these boys are
under under under under (u get my drift) ground! so if you're in search of
that smelly grail, thats where i would start turning rocks over

one!

RAGGA

Guest423

Veteran
fjällhöga said:
Im working on a seedline ;)

this is what we like to hear, fj has tried many strains and has done alot of breeding....if it's the most bonebreaking stinker he's had thats a good sign...and i know his selections have been made by stinkyness and trichome production, male and female.

keep it up man!

Guest423

Veteran
RAGGA MON said:
In the 80's the skunk we got in texas was stiiiiiiiiiiiiinky shit maing!
the majority was top notch stuff coming from south of the border.
Having said that the real deal shit that was not bricked and could give a male skunk a hard on from 12.32 miles away..came to us compliments of them damn okkies. Oklahoma's good ol boys had and have the stuff that legends where made of..its just due to their ass backwards laws these boys are
under under under under (u get my drift) ground! so if you're in search of
that smelly grail, thats where i would start turning rocks over

one!

RAGGA

good info mang, now where's them damn okkies? they taking some rks and hiding under rocks!! maybe we can sniff em out!

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"whats the genetic background on the bluedancer?"
Hola T2U,
it´s TRC Blueberry mom x Killer Queen dad
stinks forever.... :D

Guest423

Veteran
nice, whats the lineage of the killer queen? i got some speed queen getting ready for an outdoor ride this spring. i'm sure i could find the killer queen linage but i'm feeling lazy and need to go foliar feed the little ones...long live the stinkers! peace

Fire

here is some 'Shoreline' .. acquired from TX .... a true 'RKS' imo

I do not know the exact lineage or where it truly came from...although i see a similarity to 'Sensi' seed stock in her ....

myself and many others truely believe it is a vintage "RKS" and know her distinct strong smell - "Skunk, Paint Thinner, Gasoline, Citrus Orange" as many describe her...

the high is awesome, although tolerance does build up to it fast.... more sativa dominant, but mix ... 70/30 maybe?

comparable to many elites out there imo

:yummy:

M

Mr. Nevermind

Time2Unite said:
nice, whats the lineage of the killer queen? i got some speed queen getting ready for an outdoor ride this spring. i'm sure i could find the killer queen linage but i'm feeling lazy and need to go foliar feed the little ones...long live the stinkers! peace

Killer queen is C99 x g13. Space queen is c99x romulan.

Nevermind

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I always heard shoreline was a cuban sativa that made it here and became a hybrid in the 80's.

G

I am starting to think that all of us RKS lovers need to take things into our own hands instead of waiting for a breeder to do the work for us. With the number of people who want the RK, it seems like there should be enough knowledge and genetics to recreate a RK hybrid. All we need is some deication, hard work, careful selection, and know how. Myabe when I get the room, I'll give it a go. Best of luck to all of you in the quest. Take care

guerilla

70s_PotHead

Sierran said:
it started for me in the late 70's (Santa Cruz Mtns)
the Roadkill was grown out for some years (Corralitos/Buzzard Lagoon) till losing to C.A.M.P.
it was extremely skanky from sprout through cure and gave no more than a half elbow..... golden lime-green golf balls of exteme stickyness and potency............a definite hybrid, but one thing always passed on........the SKANK..........

thats exactly what I remember, late 70s thu the 80s, in socal, couldnt have discribed it any better :yummy: :yummy:

70s :joint:

G

I remember buying 1/4 oz. of those lime green red haired buds for $25. Primo shit. Stunk through two baggies and a few layers of clothes. Balanced high but more in the head. Very happy, laugh your ass off weed. A lot of it was grown locally in the Ozarks of Missouri and Arkansas.

beancounter

Veteran
Hi, my name is beancounter, and I'm a skunkaholic :wave:

I am a skunk junky of the highest order, it's the only real strain/flavor i have been after since I started growing..

I have known and loved real skunk ever since i was just a pup, it instantly became my absolute favorite and a standard to which all other mj was held to until this very day...

When I was buying weed i listed it in 2 classes, skunk, and everything else (read: blah)...

I was still able to get RKS right up until i started growing, not every single time i bought, but maybe 1 outa every 3-4 bags was a decent skunk, at least something skunkier than anything i have grown. Not every skunk bag was what i would consider RKS, but all of it was skunkier than anything i've ever grown from seed, that's for sure.

I have already typed out alot of what i think about skunk in the Hill Temple SKunk thread, and in the What is Skunk thread so I'll leave it at that..

All i know is a good skunk is by far my favorite weed, nothing compares to the flavor..

And altho i can apreciate strains with unreal potency and mediocre taste, I'd still rather puff something slightly less potent and skunky, any day, any time..

For me herb smoking is more about the full package than jus the potency or high type.. Just like I don't drink alchohol jus to get drunk, i don't smoke weed jus to get high..

In fact, when I rate strains, i put just as much into flavor as i do potency/high, if not more... I've culled many strains that were more potent than ECSD, but they weren't pleasant to smoke/taste..

I have given up on 'pro' breeders making a RKS or at least a truly skunky strain for a while now, and I've been working towards a skunk in seed form for a bit now..

I have aquired alot of Afghan and PAKI IBLs or landraces, some Nepali lines, lebonese, and many others lines that i think have potential towards a RKS, and I'm just getting into them now..

I have made Cheese x Deep Chunk aswell, but using the UK cut, so fj's line should be quite different, especialy with more afghan in her from BB's cheese.. I look forward to seeing the differences and similarites alike.. I also look forward to ECSD x DC for skunkyness, but we'll see how the plants turn out, as u never know till they're in flower.. These are jus basic crosses to see how close i can come with what i had on hand at the time..

From here on out i'll be trying to work from seed on both sides of the parents. looking to strains like Burmese, Nepali, Kandahar for the other side of the equation, matched with an Afghan or Paki...

Texas Kid

'83, '84, '85, '86 Skunk was all over Texas, QP's abound for not alota scratch($200). We would keep it for ourselves and get the "mexi merch" for the rest of the schmos in the area to smoke.

I remember the huge ass dark seeds in there that we just called coconuts, could hardly smoke a joint cuz of the dense stickiness you ended up re-lightin it after every puff. The oz's looked like a bunch of clumps of dense nugz, heavy as all getout

Double, triple, and even quadruple baggin it did very little to tame the smell.

Even today you can drive through rural Texas, where the Skunks just are not quite that bright or as fast as a car and get ran over, the smell creeps in and just makes you smile and reminisce about the days of old.

Grow out a couple thousand Skunk#1 and select for smell, it's in there somewhere, just takes time, space, knowhow, and passion.

Tex

G

Ive had shoreline and it does smell like gasoline skunk, but Ive had more skunky herb. The diesel gasoline sent somewhat takes over. :joint:

Guest423

Veteran
nice BC, keep on keepin on until we get to our goal, i know we've talked more then a few times on our goals and what we want from our "holy grail", we share alot of the same ideas of what we want in our smoke and how we feel weed should be. flavor and smell is more important to me then "raw potency". i'd rather be smoking on great weed that has an awesome flavor and smell with nice potency then killer potency with a bland taste and odor anyday.

haha TK, sounds like you get the same exact smile as me when you drive past a skunk that either just sprayed or ran over...i love that smell, i'm always like ahhhhh u smell that? when we used to take burners and scenics on the backroads friends would take out a nug and boom the car would start to smell just like that same exact smell. love it, need it, want it!

i honestly think you have a better chance getting struck by lightning twice in the same spot or winning the powerball then finding any rks in skunk#1, it took 10 yrs and thousands and thousands of selections going the opposite direction to get the "sweet" skunk, then another 15-20 yrs of keeping it going in the "sweet" direction. that line is so far gone from finding rks, your lucky if you even find anything even considered "skunky".

closest thing i've found out of all the skunk and skunk hybrids available in seed form is the HTC skunk ibl......i just got done running "the pure" and "skunk ibl" side by side and the skunk ibl was better in every catagory, growth, stableness, odor, looks, trichome development, potency, quality of high, etc....it was very clear to me even in veg, and definatly in flower skunk ibl showed more promise then "the pure".

i started the project searching for anything considered "skunky" and have a very detailed thread in the HTC forums, it has over 20,000 hits so i know people had an eye on what i was doing.

og bub says that line comes directly from his mentor from cali dating back to the late 70's early 80's and haven't been through the hands of greedy breeders and isn't watered down like the skunk#1, i agree and would back that statement up.

although i didn't find rks in the skunk ibl, i did find some males and females that would be considered "skunky" and the rest were still pungent and have that dank smell to them. i found 1 real skunky male in the skunk ibl and 1 with some real nice vigor with big plump clusters and sacs.....i used them 2 males and pollinated 5 female skunk ibls, 4 female "the pures" , and 2 female kodiak golds.

the beans are harvested and i have each females seeds in individual packets, the packet i will focus on more is the skunk ibl "skunky" female pack. it was the most skunky female skunk ibl i had crossed with them 2 males....working from that pack will be going in the best direction of what we are searching for. i also have my original 2 best females from that run in clone form....both skunk ibls.

i will be working on them both indoors and outdoors when the time comes, so i'll see where it goes from here....i still have faith in this line, i'll have way way way more of a selection process now with seeds heading in the direction i chose from my selections. the most positive thing about it all is the males possessed this "skunky" odor, especially 1 of the 2 i used...he was the most skunky male i've found.....so we'll see what this next generation from my "skunky" cross comes up with.

i really want to grow this next generation out and cross the most stinkiest skunky skunk males i can find with the mass superskunk clone....thats the direction i want to go.....i just need the mass superskunk clone.....she's a tough one to get her hands on for me.....eventually i might stumble across her.....peace out skunk lovers!!

HuffAndPuff

RKS in Switzerland ca.1998

RKS in Switzerland ca.1998

Hey guys- I have been a longtime lurker over here and at OG. Started growing about 2 years ago with bagseed, and then like 8 months ago managed to get my hands on a cut of TW in Burlington, VT. (I saw someone mention in a TW post that they'd heard it had made it up there. Confirmed.) You'd think that I would have found some cause to post on here before now. Such is the power of the RKS.

I lived in Basel, Switzerland from 1998-2001. Never before or since had Switzerland been so tolerant of herb. When I moved there I was 15 and there was one store, hidden away, where you could buy 'aromatherapy' pillows filled with that half-hemp, half-dope swiss outdoor. By the time I was 17, there were more dope stores than bakeries. (literally.) The quality was much improved by then, too. Each store sold between 5 and 15 strains although 90% were indoors. (and to think I thought that indoor was the shit and outdo WAS shit. Silly children.) Black Domina, Black Ice (haven't seen this since? misnamed ice?) Durban, SS, Haze and Super Pink Skunk (is this called something else? Also haven't seen it since) were some of the standbys most stores stocked.

For about a month my shop stocked the most pungent, hit-a-skunk-a-month-ago-and-my-car-still-reeks, stonifying nuggets I'd ever seen before. I remember one lunch break I bought a 2g bag of it, rolled/smoked a fattie and then skateboarded back to school. Well, I musta been skating so fast I was upwind of the baggie in my pocket. As I get into the elevator of our building, this was no longer the case. The smell was just overpowering. Some girl who was in there with me was basically retching and going on about how shed 'never seen a skunk in Switzerland before.' I'm a little nervous now, but I figure I'll just quintuple bag it and I'll be fine. I do that, put the baggies in a hoodie, put the hoodie in a laptop bag and put that into an empty locker. About 10 mins later on a pissbreak, I walk out of my classroom at the OPPOSITE END OF A LONG-ASS HALLWAY and it smells like the fucking biology class is dissecting a whole village of skunks!!! I couldn't believe that this was a frigging gram making all this commotion. Suffice it to say, I grabbed that shit and hid it outside.

Now this beautiful girl was being sold as B-52. It was the first time I had seen marijuana that was so hyperbolic in expressing my favorite traits (at the time, at least). I had never heard of her before but knew that whoever created that shit came up with the perfect name for her. I was BOMBED! I was close to the owner and did a lot of trimming, bagging, counter tending, etc. The man created a new business model for the trade- He purchased a 3 story car garage, converted it to a grow show, and supplied himself. While a certain amount of re-branding went on in some shops for weed that wasn't moving, I'm positive that if Moz told me it was B-52 then he (at least) truly believed that it was.

Some months ago I was driving home when I smelled a fresh, dead skunk. You know how you can smell something and it will put you right back to a certain place/time? Well, I was 16 again, in that elevator, and praying it wouldn't stop to let a teacher on before we got to the third floor. I hit up the boards and the resources and found 2 different strains (lineage) of the same name. One from Almighty Seeds (where'd they go?) and the other is Nirvana's. So, this could corroborate what someone else just said about RKS phenos existing w/in his genes, or not.

As far as appearance, I remember the nugs were fluffier than most everything else. We put a fist sized nug (but tapered like a football) on the digi and it weighed 7g. A similar sized bud of almost anything else around at the time would have been like 10+. Im also thinking that there wasn't as much 'redhair' in the strain as some of the other strains around (which is typical of dutch strains?). The stone was 200% Indica obviously, but that fluffiness makes me wonder if something a little sativa wasn't in the mix. I know that there are Nirvana B-52 test grows on this site, anyone see anything like this?

A related question/issue I have relates to the accuracy of labeling performed by seed vendors. Now, it isn't my intention to start ANY trouble (I have seen how things sometimes get misunderstood, or escalate) but I think I remember reading somewhere that Nirvana is a little more than lax when it comes to this practice. I'm only bringing it up because it could throw yet another variable into the equation.

Damn, this is an absurdly long post from someone who has never had contributed before. Hope there is something useful in there for somone, and thank you all so much for all the help and lessons you've (perhaps unkowingly) taught me. I think I might be able to get behind this whole talking about growing weed with people thing. Its actually incredibly liberating to be able to talk with others who know the deal, but even posting this message kinda makes me feel like I'm breaking the first rule of Grow Club.

I guess now would be a good time to say goodnight (I know, 1000 words ago woulda been nice for all of us, too) and to clarify to all LEOs that I have never seen, grown, smoked or smelled the devil's weed.
The Greek

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
wow dude that is one massive paragraph, don't mean to sound rude or anything but any chance you could edit that and break it up into paragraphs? it would make it easier to comment and try to answer some of your questions.

i see that is your first post....welcome and have fun bro!

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
havent seen any roadkill skunk in years. i have tried just about every commercially available skunk and none holds a candle to the old vermont roadkill skunk. i miss that stuff.all the new skunks to me seem to be sweet smelling not roadkill stinking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.